• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New Lead and Steel Red dot optic

JDB55

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2021
Tennessee

I don't know anything about this company or the quality of this red dot(outside of the claims from the video). This just popped up on my YouTube randomly and I didn't see it here yet so I figured I would share. Electronics from Tokyo, housing from Hong Kong, assembled in Ohio with the plan to get it fully made state side. Another interesting option being released claiming to be for hard duty use.

The fact he calls it "the most durable red dot optic in the industry" makes me very skeptical right off the bat. This looks like a stripped down and cheaper version of the Romeo8t (which uses titanium, offers a reticle with holds, motac, lens covers, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say the glass on the 8T will be better as well). Not to mention the Holosun HE512 that also has titanium housing, multiple reticles, shake awake, and solar fail safe. At the end of the day this sounds like another Holosun re-brand or even worse, Swampfox style outfit.

Now having said all of that, I actually did preorder one. Hopefully I eat my words, but I seriously doubt I'm going to swap out my 8t, exps3, or even AEMS.

The fact he calls it "the most durable red dot optic in the industry" makes me very skeptical right off the bat. This looks like a stripped down and cheaper version of the Romeo8t (which uses titanium, offers a reticle with holds, motac, lens covers, and I'm going to go out on a limb and say the glass on the 8T will be better as well). Not to mention the Holosun HE512 that also has titanium housing, multiple reticles, shake awake, and solar fail safe. At the end of the day this sounds like another Holosun re-brand or even worse, Swampfox style outfit.

Now having said all of that, I actually did preorder one. Hopefully I eat my words, but I seriously doubt I'm going to swap out my 8t, exps3, or even AEMS.
Oh you ordered it? Be sure and let us know what you think.
I literally know zero about this thing, I do agree about the claims but did like the fact that they told where everything was made and are saying that they want everything to be made in the US. I just found it interesting and figured others would as well.

Interesting

Exactly my thought with the Romeo8T, design is very close. He rips on shake awake, but Sig's MOTAC is nothing like he mentioned, it is literally on when you need it to be, never need to worry about turning it on or turning it off. Granted the Sig is quite a bit more price wise. But where he really lost me was with his cat at the end, that just took his credibility rating down a bunch for me ;)

Will be curious to hear your report on performance, especially the minor "tint" he mentions, that is an area with some Sig optics that bugs the heck out of me - they tend to have a strong blue tint, though I must say I have a couple of Sig Bravo5 prism scopes and cannot recognize any tint in those. I just sold a UH-1, I had bought it for it's dedicated NV button to use with NVG but I'm getting out of NV for the time being and decided I didn't need the UH-1 for now, but great optic otherwise and fully made in the USA (British reticle).

Reactions: JDB55
Oh you ordered it? Be sure and let us know what you think.
I literally know zero about this thing, I do agree about the claims but did like the fact that they told where everything was made and are saying that they want everything to be made in the US. I just found it interesting and figured others would as well.
Unfortunately I think mine got backordered, they said January for the next batch?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221020_085551.jpg
    Screenshot_20221020_085551.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: JDB55