• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Leica Rangemaster 2800.com & Kestrel with Applied Ballitsics

have you gone to the bluetooth setting in the Leica and set it to APPS?

Yes. I played with it for hours trying to get it to connect to my phone with the 2800 set to app. I finally gave up and set it to lat and got it connect to my kestrel first try.

ETA : I wonder if this a software issue that a firmware upgrade would fix. Unfortunately I have no way to connect to it to upgrade the firmware.

Last edited:
Yes. I played with it for hours trying to get it to connect to my phone with the 2800 set to app. I finally gave up and set it to lat and got it connect to my kestrel first try.

Leica Hunting app on your phone?

To get my phone to connect, even if the Leica was already in APPS, I had to go to Bluetooth, put it on APPS an then hit connect on my phone in the Leica Hunting Application.

I couldn’t get it to connect if I hit connect in the Leica Hunting application and then put it in APPS in the Leica. I also couldn’t get it to connect if I had it in APPS on startup from the Leica and then hit connect in the Leica hunting application.

My connection took noticeably longer than the Kestrel to Leica pairing. All softwares are up to date; that is the first thing I checked on my phone/Kestrel/Leica

Leica Hunting app on your phone?

To get my phone to connect, even if the Leica was already in APPS, I had to go to Bluetooth, put it on APPS an then hit connect on my phone in the Leica Hunting Application.

I couldn’t get it to connect if I hit connect in the Leica Hunting application and then put it in APPS in the Leica. I also couldn’t get it to connect if I had it in APPS on startup from the Leica and then hit connect in the Leica hunting application.

My connection took noticeably longer than the Kestrel to Leica pairing. All softwares are up to date; that is the first thing I checked on my phone/Kestrel/Leica

I’m using the hunting app.

Just tried again. Went in and set the LRF to app. Reticle in 2800 stays lit and the Bluetooth symbol flashes. No connection.

I’m using the hunting app.

Just tried again. Went in and set the LRF to app. Reticle in 2800 stays lit and the Bluetooth symbol flashes. No connection.
I returned mine due to this, it is a defect in certain units and leica support is aware of it. You can swap out for a new one or get your money back. Mine also connected fine to the kestrel but failed multiple platforms of phone/ipads

I returned mine due to this, it is a defect in certain units and leica support is aware of it. You can swap out for a new one or get your money back. Mine also connected fine to the kestrel but failed multiple platforms of phone/ipads

mine is on its way back. Leica customer service has been top notch so far.

The Leica hunting app...is just a bad joke! completely useless...even for hunting. I don't get the idea behind these poor apps, allegedly intended to "simplify" the firing solution. :oops: :oops:

The Leica hunting app...is just a bad joke! completely useless...even for hunting. I don't get the idea behind these poor apps, allegedly intended to "simplify" the firing solution. :oops: :oops:

You input your ballistics and then Bluetooth it to the Leica...that way you don’t have to input all your ballistic data manually with 2 buttons...

Looking for a tripod mount for my 2800 and nothing comes up. Anyone here on the hide have a file they’re sharing for 3d printing a tripod mount for the 2800? Or know if anyone is printing and selling them? Also, if not, any commercially made options that you’re happy with and can recommend would be appreciated. Lmk. Thx.

Looking for a tripod mount for my 2800 and nothing comes up. Anyone here on the hide have a file they’re sharing for 3d printing a tripod mount for the 2800? Or know if anyone is printing and selling them? Also, if not, any commercially made options that you’re happy with and can recommend would be appreciated. Lmk. Thx.
There was a guy here on the Hide who was 3D printing them I thought. Might have to dig a little, I bought mine (3D printed) off ebay and it works great.

Leica makes one for their RF's, at least they did recently. It's machined aluminum. Contact them directly if you can't find it on the web, I am sure they can set you up.