• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Leupold Reticle

For what it is worth, the Leupold CS rep I spoke with a few weeks ago said the company is not planning on releasing any new reticles for the 3.6-18 model. My question to him was not so much about whether the PR2 reticle would carry over to the 3.6-18 but whether the company planned on releasing a non-illuminated mil-based reticle with a floating center dot. He was pretty adamant that nothing is set to be released and also said he did not see any need for a floating center dot because the base TMR reticle was more than effective. Take it for what it's worth...

I did see though yesterday that Leupold released a few teaser videos for new hunting/tactical scopes for 2021. Looked like a new LPVO in there and some of the larger Mark 5s. Perhaps others saw something different.

I did see On a few sites with a backorder able Sku 180223 for a 7-35 Mark 5 PR2 for 2199. Id really like to go this route vs the 180222 5-25 . But nobody seams to know of a ETA on it.

For what it is worth, the Leupold CS rep I spoke with a few weeks ago said the company is not planning on releasing any new reticles for the 3.6-18 model. My question to him was not so much about whether the PR2 reticle would carry over to the 3.6-18 but whether the company planned on releasing a non-illuminated mil-based reticle with a floating center dot. He was pretty adamant that nothing is set to be released and also said he did not see any need for a floating center dot because the base TMR reticle was more than effective. Take it for what it's worth...
I am not surprised, this has been a pattern of Leupold for many years and why they have lost market share outside of their hunting loyalists. It's too bad because I think the 3.6-18 could be a great scope if it had the right reticle with illumination, but until that happens I will not buy another 3.6-18. And by the way, the TMR is an effective reticle but it's essentially a glorified mil dot with hash marks and there are much better designs out these days. My guess is when they see that sales of the 5-25 rise and the 3.6-18 stays stagnant (compared to 5-25) they'll eventually wake up and put the PR2 in the 3.6-18 and see sales increase there as well.

Reactions: Solby
Says here the 3-18 is getting the new reticle

Says here the 3-18 is getting the new reticle

I only see two Mark 5HD 3.6-18 listed and both are the PR1 reticles.

Mark 5HD 3.6-18x44 (35mm) M5C3 FFP PR1-MIL

Mark 5HD 3.6-18x44 (35mm) M5C3 FFP Illum. PR1-MIL

Mark 5HD 5-25x56 (35mm) M5C3 FFP PR1-MIL

Mark 5HD 5-25x56 (35mm) M5C3 FFP Illum. PR1-Mil

Mark 5HD 5-25x56 (35mm) M5C3 FFP PR2-MIL

Mark 5HD 5-25x56 (35mm) M1C3 FFP PR2-MOA

Mark 5HD 7-35x56 (35mm) M5C3 FFP PR2-MIL

Mark 5HD 7-35x56 (35mm) M1C3 FFP PR2-MOA

PR1 Mil is "better" than the TMR, question is are they still going to charge $650 for illumination? The non-illuminated model has no appeal for me but at $650 upcharge for illumination I'll pass as both NF ATACR 4-16 and Burris XTR III 3.3-18 (assuming they finally come out with their long overdue illumination) will be a better value.

You think scopes used to be built better than they are now?

Depends on the manufacturer, scope, glass etc. And yes I would say some old scopes kick ass. I am sure there are S&B's, khales, amg's, razor gen II's, etc that are better then new glass yes.

Care to enlighten me on your thoughts??

Is Leupold trying to challenge Vortex with making the most cringe promo videos?
Be Relentless, are they advertising to teenage girls or men here?

Maybe it's because I'm not American but these types of videos are just queer AF.

I just think that its corporate marketing types doing what they do, trying to get people to identify with a lifestyle vs just letting the product speak for itself.

Look at gillet razors, look at audi, and look at any number of national media campaigns and they are full of cringy as fuck we care messanging.

I really like leupolds, but acknowledge that they are not the be all end all alpha tier optics. I think that leupold would be better served taking that marketing money and putting it towards, QC or R&D. S&B and NF does not need marketing to be successful, they just put out solid gear.

I just think that its corporate marketing types doing what they do, trying to get people to identify with a lifestyle vs just letting the product speak for itself.

Look at gillet razors, look at audi, and look at any number of national media campaigns and they are full of cringy as fuck we care messanging.

I really like leupolds, but acknowledge that they are not the be all end all alpha tier optics. I think that leupold would be better served taking that marketing money and putting it towards, QC or R&D. S&B and NF does not need marketing to be successful, they just put out solid gear.

Marketing videos like these help reach larger audiences to promote the brand and products other than expert level hide members. Leupold has spent a lot more time and money into R&D and developing new products than marketing in order to bring shooters, including hide members innovated and relevant products and are making an even bigger effort by doing so in the last couple of years. When you're having to reach out to dealers and customers across the country to get people excited about new products, marketing videos help drive business.

Where does a guy go to get that black leupold sticker for the side ur scope? Lol I like it. Also curious what mount hes running? It's not a spuhr, and I've looked at Warne 35mm mounts. But that doesn't look to be the case either.

Any info on what that new LPVO is in their 2021 promo?

The mount is their Mark IMS 1.5 One Piece I believe. They should be updating their options soon though from what I've been told.

The LPVO is going to be an updated MK6.

Last edited:
youtu.be-95njWSZvZ1k.jpg

Curious as to what this is.

new tactical XRS bushnell is coming out soon.

Source?

View attachment 7523610

Curious as to what this is.

Source?

The above poster implied that it may be an updated mk6 which I think I am ok with as their current mk6 is getting a little long in the tooth. While 1-8 and 1-10 seem to be where most of the LPVO's are going, I would not mind seeing a refined 1-6 that may shed some weight or possibly be a little more forgiving than say a 1-8 or 1-10 offering.

For the type of shooting that I would be doing with my next LPVO, especially on a 556 carbine, I would be willing to trade some magnification for possibly a more user friendly eyebox or wider FOV.

On something like a 308 gas gun, While I want to like LPVO's I am not the biggest fan of their recticals when shooting for groups and considering the weight that they often come in at, I think that something like a 3-18 with Offset RMR may be more practical/user friendly.

Reactions: 4RingShooter
anyone who got one for the original $2k msrp got super lucky me thinks.

even if MSRP changes hopefully actual cost doesnt just cause of PRS Production but i wouldnt be surprised
CSTactical is awesome but I know places like Scott @ Liberty optics when I call him always has prices to consumers that are close to LEO deals. I got my Gen2 from him @ 1599.00.

Shop around, when these start saturating the market.

CSTactical is awesome but I know places like Scott @ Liberty optics when I call him always has prices to consumers that are close to LEO deals. I got my Gen2 from him @ 1599.00.

Shop around, when these start saturating the market.

We might not always be the cheapest, but we do what we can and typically have them in stock :)

We might not always be the cheapest, but we do what we can and typically have them in stock :)
And you guys are local to me and are wonderful to deal with I just wanted to let people that were jealous about leo discounts that there are options when you shop around.

I would definitely buy from you guys anytime but our wonderful 9% CA tax can sometimes mean my wife sayin thumbs up or down..ha

Reactions: CSTactical
When do you expect to have the next shipment? Is it still going to remain sub$2500 retail for production class?

I really like the Mark 5 I bought from Gun Werks, with their reticle and adjustment knob. If I did not already have that one I would be buying this one in MOA today. Great scope and nicely set up reticle.

Has anyone's Mark 5 shipped that picked one up in November with the VIP program? Just curious if anybody has received theirs yet.

Outside of the first order of PR2 reticle scopes, the rest of the line is basically the same price. Sure the discount went down, but so did the pricing.

I know I was one of the first to order. I was awake at midnight and checked the website and it wasn’t there...when I got up for work at around 6:00am the first thing I did was check the website and it was live and I ordered one.

When I called last week they told me they had no eta. I know they raised the price on these and lowered the discount for vip. Hopefully we actually see these sometime soon.
I don't think they lowered the discount as much they got rid of MSRP...and just went to MAP??

Reactions: SepticDeath
I don't think they lowered the discount as much they got rid of MSRP...and just went to MAP??
I bought a 3x18 mark 5 last year and compared the price as of now and I believe it was the same. So yes I believe it's just MAP pricing now.

Can anyone login to there vip account me and one of my buddies can’t I’m active duty and he’s law enforcement but my other friend who is under the veterans stays with them can log in with no problem

Can anyone login to there vip account me and one of my buddies can’t I’m active duty and he’s law enforcement but my other friend who is under the veterans stays with them can log in with no problem
Need to reset your password.

They changed their website. Should have received an email to reset password.

I placed mine on November 26th at around 1000 hrs. Called them this morning and they said it would ship towards the end of the month or beginning of March. These guys saying they shipped may have not bought through VIP program. 🤷🏼‍♂️