• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Leupold Reticle

I placed mine on November 26th at around 1000 hrs. Called them this morning and they said it would ship towards the end of the month or beginning of February. These guys saying they shipped may have not bought through VIP program. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Probably. I’m completely fine with waiting. I just caught someone having a bad day or something.

I placed mine on November 26th at around 1000 hrs. Called them this morning and they said it would ship towards the end of the month or beginning of March. These guys saying they shipped may have not bought through VIP program. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I placed my order around 1100 hours on the 26th through the VIP program. Already shipped and will be here Thursday according to UPS.

Reactions: SepticDeath
Look what the brown truck brought me.
7C6C6DB1-74C2-47C4-9FE0-B03FBFCDB735.jpeg

Last edited:
How are you guys liking the mark 5hd? How is it stacking up with other scopes in price range? Nx8 ect

Just a quick update for everyone waiting on their Leupold MK5 HD 5-25 PR2, we have a large shipment coming into us to cover all the pre-orders and have some left over. They should be shipping to us at anytime, but the weather has now been a factor with shipments all over the country which is out of everyone's hands. We appreciate your patience and will notify everyone once their item is on the way to us in order we received them, we didn't forget anyone :)

Reactions: SepticDeath
In the off chance Leupold pays attention to these threads, I'll put in my two cents that I also hope they get the PR2 reticle illuminated and into the 3.6‐18 Mk5 soon.

I have two precision ARs that this scope and reticle combo would be perfect for. I've held off for far too long because I haven't found quite what I wanted from Vortex, Leupold, Nightforce, and I even considered the Sig Tango6 line.

I would buy two of these scopes if Leupold would just make them.

In the off chance Leupold pays attention to these threads, I'll put in my two cents that I also hope they get the PR2 reticle illuminated and into the 3.6‐18 Mk5 soon.

I have two precision ARs that this scope and reticle combo would be perfect for. I've held off for far too long because I haven't found quite what I wanted from Vortex, Leupold, Nightforce, and I even considered the Sig Tango6 line.

I would buy two of these scopes if Leupold would just make them.
I would get two of them as well but it sounds like it won’t be for a few years based on some of the previous comments. if they ever even do it though idk why they wouldn’t. But it’s leupold they get a good idea and only fallow through half way and end up disappointing everyone

Can anyone show through optic pictures of the 3.6-18x set at 3.6x, 10x, & 18x? Specifically the TMR, PR1-Mil, & Tremor3. Bonus if anyone has illuminated models and can do the same in low light.

Looking at a natural background helps if possible, reticles tend to look much different in actual use than when looking at a blank space.

It is very difficult to find these locally to look at and none of those reticles seem ideal to me. Which is unfortunate because the optic itself looks fantastic. I suspect the Tremor3 isn’t that usable at low power having no thicker stadia lines and obviously the other 2 don’t have holdovers at all. With a 3.6-18x range this really could be a fast run and gun at low power to long range optic with the right reticle but all of them appear to fall short. I think this optic would really benefit from something similar to the H27D reticle in the Mark 8 CQBSS (obviously with thinned line thickness appropriate for the magnification range and probably just an illuminated dot over the full ring). With a 3.6-18x range on an AR10 I might be shooting a running hog at 50y at 3.6x or a 12” plate at 1000y on 18x. This optic needs a reticle that’s fast on low power with precision holdovers as you crank it up.

Attachments

• 8231C090-5E75-481E-90EE-91C7A0199C1B.jpeg
    8231C090-5E75-481E-90EE-91C7A0199C1B.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 251
Can anyone show through optic pictures of the 3.6-18x set at 3.6x, 10x, & 18x? Specifically the TMR, PR1-Mil, & Tremor3. Bonus if anyone has illuminated models and can do the same in low light.

Looking at a natural background helps if possible, reticles tend to look much different in actual use than when looking at a blank space.

It is very difficult to find these locally to look at and none of those reticles seem ideal to me. Which is unfortunate because the optic itself looks fantastic. I suspect the Tremor3 isn’t that usable at low power having no thicker stadia lines and obviously the other 2 don’t have holdovers at all. With a 3.6-18x range this really could be a fast run and gun at low power to long range optic with the right reticle but all of them appear to fall short. I think this optic would really benefit from something similar to the H27D reticle in the Mark 8 CQBSS (obviously with thinned line thickness appropriate for the magnification range and probably just an illuminated dot over the full ring). With a 3.6-18x range on an AR10 I might be shooting a running hog at 50y at 3.6x or a 12” plate at 1000y on 18x. This optic needs a reticle that’s fast on low power with precision holdovers as you crank it up.
I'll try to remember to get pics of my illuminated TMR mark 5 tomorrow after work.

Anyone have pics of the PR2 at 5x? Wondering if I'd be ok with it vs the Illum TMR on a mid to long range hunting rifle.

Can someone PLEASE post subtensions on the PR1 mil? Leupold don't have crap on their site anymore. I'll be ordering a 3.6-18x44 in pr1-mil soon, but trying to determine if the standard has the same reticle thickness of the illuminated version. Tempted to just get another nx8 4-32x50 but I really like the ergos and locking turret on the mk5hd.

Curious about this as well...I’ve reached out to Leupold.

Can someone PLEASE post subtensions on the PR1 mil? Leupold don't have crap on their site anymore. I'll be ordering a 3.6-18x44 in pr1-mil soon, but trying to determine if the standard has the same reticle thickness of the illuminated version. Tempted to just get another nx8 4-32x50 but I really like the ergos and locking turret on the mk5hd.

Here you go. Also the Illuminated PR1 is going to be thicker than the non illuminated, I have both here.

Attachments

• FFP PR1-MIL.pdf
    86.2 KB · Views: 253
  • FFP PR2-MIL.pdf
    101 KB · Views: 133
  • FFP PR2-MOA.pdf
    139.3 KB · Views: 85
Quick question. Can any Hide dealer get close to the Mil price from Leupold on these scopes?

Negative, they have a pretty strict MAP policy and no dealer is able to sell them for under MAP pricing, currently MIL/LE pricing is only available directly through Leupold. It would be nice for them to extend that program to dealers like Vortex does. I'm sure some dealers can work with you on MIL/LE pricing if you can provide them with the correct documentation even though they don't receive a price break from the manufacturer.

Liberty Optics is NOT an authorized Leupold Dealer so I'd proceed with caution before buying from a non authorized dealer of any company. You can contact Leupold and they will confirm this as well.

Last edited:
i hope we can get an answer asap since im ready to pull the trigger on the 3-18x.
Wont for a good minute. Ran into the Leupold guys at the last hunter match in UT and its on their to do but not around the corner...

Currently we have the following in stock with more on the way:

- 5-25 PR2 Mil
- 5-25 PR1 Mil
- 5-25 PR2 Moa
- 3.6-18 PR1 Mil Non Illum
- 3.6-18 PR1 Mil Illuminated
Nice,

Just Curious if you have heard any rumblings on a Mk6 1-6 replacement in the works? Looking for lighter LPVO and there really isnt anything out there that excites at the moment.

Reactions: dpb1776
Nice,

Just Curious if you have heard any rumblings on a Mk6 1-6 replacement in the works? Looking for lighter LPVO and there really isnt anything out there that excites at the moment.
Same here I was gonna grab one and they were discontinued. I have an old VXR patrol 1.25-4 that I use and it has been great no problem getting out to 600 yards on steel, competed two gun matches against guys with better optics and have done just fine. Actually considering the MK3 HD just because zero stop and TMR reticle. But would like something in the 1-6 range non Razor

The 5x25 is such an over sized scope its not even funny. The PR2 reticle is nice, But I need on in the 3-18 size. The 5x25 is just to dam big on a hunting rifle. It would be even better if they would doe a pr2 in a Mark 6

It weighs less than anything else in it's class. Hell, it weighs less than most of the ultra-short choices.

I’ve noticed pricing for mark 5 scopes has gone up around $100 in the last few weeks from many dealers. Not sure if this applies to all Leupold scopes. I wonder the reasoning behind that.