• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Minox 5x25x56 LR

I counted about 28.5 mil.

huh. I’m not aware of that. Might have to check later or read the manual. Today was damn bright though with snow reflectance and a clear day. Going back to CA, I had a perfect scenario to evaluate CA and I could barely see anything. In fact I could only identify CA in one instance.
Awesome! I hoped mine was a friday scope!

You get 28.5 mil with the turret? but more if you count the entire travel I believe mine you could zero 5 mil from the bottom and still get 28 mil of adjustment.

So is this scope getting the pass and running great for you guys at this price point?

Awesome! I hoped mine was a friday scope!

You get 28.5 mil with the turret? but more if you count the entire travel I believe mine you could zero 5 mil from the bottom and still get 28 mil of adjustment.
I recounted and from turret stop to stop I have 29.5 mil, not 28.5. Somewhere in my initial count I shorted a mil.

Received my LR in the mail today from @Spartan Precision Arms. They were great to work with. Scope seems awesome so far, I have never been behind a ZP5 so I don’t have a comparison of that. But in my brief 5 minute playing with it, the turrets are great, edge to edge clarity is great, you have to work to find CA so far, and there was not any oil or grease on the lenses as stated in a earlier post. Only issue I had was fedex signing for the package themselves and leaving it at my front door.

Received my LR in the mail today from @Spartan Precision Arms. They were great to work with. Scope seems awesome so far, I have never been behind a ZP5 so I don’t have a comparison of that. But in my brief 5 minute playing with it, the turrets are great, edge to edge clarity is great, you have to work to find CA so far, and there was not any oil or grease on the lenses as stated in a earlier post. Only issue I had was fedex signing for the package themselves and leaving it at my front door.
I have been having issues with UPS and FedEx self signing for packages even though I'm requesting this not be done. Seems like they disregard that policy due to COVID. Either way I'm glad you have the scope in hand and let us know how you like it once you get out to the range.

Have you compared it to any other scope? Im very close to grabbing one

The only other scope I’ve compared it to currently is a Steiner P4XI that is sitting on my bench. Not really equal comparisons in that regard, however the Steiner still pulls its own weight pretty well. I have a XRS 2 I will be comparing and my brothers NX8 soon. I can give better answers in a week or two.

The only other scope I’ve compared it to currently is a Steiner P4XI that is sitting on my bench. Not really equal comparisons in that regard, however the Steiner still pulls its own weight pretty well. I have a XRS 2 I will be comparing and my brothers NX8 soon. I can give better answers in a week or two.
Looking forward to comparison

Looking forward to comparison
I will go ahead and say that the reticle in the Minox is by far one of my favorites. It blows away the G3 in my XRS 2 and the SCR in my P4XI. The SCR 2 is a similar reticle I would say.

I will go ahead and say that the reticle in the Minox is by far one of my favorites. It blows away the G3 in my XRS 2 and the SCR in my P4XI. The SCR 2 is a similar reticle I would say.
Yeah i really like the reticle. I also have a bushnell xrs2 very curious on glass difference

My LR was not nearly as good as the ZP5 in the CA department. Better resolution but close enough it could just be sample variation. I sent the LR back as the parralax would stick. Maybe that was why it had CA issues? I dont know how they work but hopefully the CA gets fixed too.
Hi, any more issues with the sticking paralax?

Hi, any more issues with the sticking paralax?
I just got it back friday. Paralax is moving smoothly. Glass is still good but with slight CA I think less then before. Also the eyebox seems to be better. I need more time with it before I will beable to peg the details.
If your comparing to a Razor or Coronus the LR has them beat thats not hard to tell.

I just got it back friday. Paralax is moving smoothly. Glass is still good but with slight CA I think less then before. Also the eyebox seems to be better. I need more time with it before I will beable to peg the details.
If your comparing to a Razor or Coronus the LR has them beat thats not hard to tell.
Glad to hear they brat them. They seem to be best in that range so far so since the minox is better prolly new king of the hill at price

Hey guys have a new shipment of LR's and as more get out in the wild please let me know any feedback/updates that can be passed on to Minox Germany.

The ZP-5 are still delayed as they are waiting export clearance from Germany. Initial shipment will be small and pre-orders are open if you want to lock in a spot for the ZP-5.

Appreciate all that have picked up the LR, its a great scope and in my opinion the scope to beat at the sub 2K mark.

Also beats the burris xtr3??
I had a Burris xtr3 3.3-18. My Steiner P4XI and xrs 2 are both are far better. My XTR3 might have been a blem, but the CA in it was horrible. Everything was a shade of purple. So yes I would say the LR is far better. A quick addition, the turrets on the LR are leaps and bounds better than the XTR3. The LR has a clear and precise ticks, very smooth tension, and great knurling. The XTR3 feels like a cheese grater on your hands and much mushier to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: hectorso27
I had a Burris xtr3 3.3-18. My Steiner P4XI and xrs 2 are both are far better. Mine might have been a blem, but the CA in it was horrible. Everything was a shade of purple. So yes I would say far better. A quick addition, the turrets on the LR and leaps and bounds better than the XTR3. The LR has a clear and precise ticks, very smooth tension, and great knurling. The XTR3 feels like a cheese grater on your hands and much mushier to me.
Out of curiosity when did you get the LR? Only reason I ask is early shipments had some issue in the "beta" release. Did you also buy the scope from a Minox distributor?

Hey guys have a new shipment of LR's and as more get out in the wild please let me know any feedback/updates that can be passed on to Minox Germany.

The ZP-5 are still delayed as they are waiting export clearance from Germany. Initial shipment will be small and pre-orders are open if you want to lock in a spot for the ZP-5.

Appreciate all that have picked up the LR, its a great scope and in my opinion the scope to beat at the sub 2K mark.
Hi , what does minox replay about the stick paralax turret? There are 2 guys with the same issue....until now, Regards

Hi , what does minox replay about the stick paralax turret? There are 2 guys with the same issue....until now, Regards
Those two issues seem to to have been resolved last year, I don't have any additional info as I did not sell those scope so I'm unsure what batch they came from. Maybe the two people that had issues could supply the serials so that would give Minox some insight into when those scopes were manufactures.

Do you mind elaborating on the LR vs a Razor or Cronus.
I imagine the glass is a bit better, how do turrets compare?

I'm interested in buying a Minox LR but am unsure I'll be happy with uncapped/unlocking windage for a match/prs/field rifle.

I'm interested in buying a Minox LR but am unsure I'll be happy with uncapped/unlocking windage for a match/prs/field rifle.
The turrets are very smooth and have distinctive clicks. I would say the tension on the turrets is enough that it is not just going to spin when you bump something, but not enough that your having to death grip it to spin it. I enjoy them very much currently. And this scope will double as a hunting scope as well for me so I did take the non-locking turrets in to account. It does have a 180* limiter in either direction on the windage so if it does get bumped it is not possible for it to go back past zero and throw you off.

Those two issues seem to to have been resolved last year, I don't have any additional info as I did not sell those scope so I'm unsure what batch they came from. Maybe the two people that had issues could supply the serials so that would give Minox some insight into when those scopes were manufactures.
Yes mine was one of the first ones. They changed the erector assembly and it is good at this point.

The turrets are very smooth and have distinctive clicks. I would say the tension on the turrets is enough that it is not just going to spin when you bump something, but not enough that your having to death grip it to spin it. I enjoy them very much currently. And this scope will double as a hunting scope as well for me so I did take the non-locking turrets in to account. It does have a 180* limiter in either direction on the windage so if it does get bumped it is not possible for it to go back past zero and throw you off.
This scope is double for you...... Are you prs/hunter or elr/hunter? I think im going to try one i would use it elr/hunting. Elr out to 2000 yards. How is the second evolution on the turret and tracking so far on these? I havent read any bad tracking.

This scope is double for you...... Are you prs/hunter or elr/hunter? I think im going to try one i would use it elr/hunting. Elr out to 2000 yards. How is the second evolution on the turret and tracking so far on these? I havent read any bad tracking.
This scope is more of a catch all for me. It will hunt in the southeast and out west. I shoot long range as far as I can, so in my case about 1200 yards. And I am hoping to try a local PRS match sometime soon. The second revolution on the turret does have that point where it stiffens up as everybody says it does, it is still smooth but there is significant difference in tension. You can still adjust precisely within the window of the extra tension when you are moving to the 2nd revolution. I have not been able to conduct a tracking test so someone else will have to answer that.

On Glass.
I have had some time behind a Razor 4.5-27 I have a Coronus 4-29 that I've had only for a short time. In broad strokes I see them as the same optically. You know when your looking at a black and white target at 50 yards some scopes you can never quite seem to get the image in focus? That is how the Razor and Coronus are. At 100 yards you wont think of it. What I have found with scopes like this if you look at optical charts one with blue, Green, and Red you will need to set the parallax different to focus Red then to focus green and blue. You can have two scope with the same resolution but one focuses all of the colors on the same plane it will have more detail and better contrast.
The LR focuses all colors on the same plane and has better resolution as well. The brown critter in the fence line by the brown stump behind the grass in the shade... will pop out better with the LR simply because the micro contrast is better.
I would say that the LR needs a sunshade sooner then the Razor/ Coronus to control the flare when the sun is low and in your eyes.

Turrets
You have to spin turrets 100 times before judging them.
The LR turns easier then both the Razor and Coronus. The Coronus turn far to hard for my liking as I want to be able to quickly spin it with 2 fingers. I find I need three fingers on the Coronus. The Razor works with 2 fingers but has less distinct clicks the the others. The LR has very distinct click that I find easy to feel. If you like very snappy click the Coronus has that.
With the LR the second turn indicator will enter the discussion. I absolutely hate it! 🤷🏽‍♂️ With 22lr I'm often running just into it. But it is very manageable after you have spun through it a 200 times. 15 mil per turn I absofeaking love its worth the second turn indicator to have!

Tracking
The LR tracked consistent for the whole range. I came up with 98% (in my books acceptable) but will be double checking once I have time.

Anyhow that is some of my observations. I'm not saying the Razor is not good. Or the coronus for that matter. They are solid options and will beat the LR on a couple points but not better then the LR on average.

Also beats the burris xtr3??
The lowest quality optic I have is an XTR II. It’s obviously not the XTR III but for comparison of a lower image quality optic, the XTR is like looking through a purple coke bottle compared to the LR. The image quality on the LR is without comparison in its price range.

On Glass.
I have had some time behind a Razor 4.5-27 I have a Coronus 4-29 that I've had only for a short time. In broad strokes I see them as the same optically. You know when your looking at a black and white target at 50 yards some scopes you can never quite seem to get the image in focus? That is how the Razor and Coronus are. At 100 yards you wont think of it. What I have found with scopes like this if you look at optical charts one with blue, Green, and Red you will need to set the parallax different to focus Red then to focus green and blue. You can have two scope with the same resolution but one focuses all of the colors on the same plane it will have more detail and better contrast.
The LR focuses all colors on the same plane and has better resolution as well. The brown critter in the fence line by the brown stump behind the grass in the shade... will pop out better with the LR simply because the micro contrast is better.
I would say that the LR needs a sunshade sooner then the Razor/ Coronus to control the flare when the sun is low and in your eyes.

Turrets
You have to spin turrets 100 times before judging them.
The LR turns easier then both the Razor and Coronus. The Coronus turn far to hard for my liking as I want to be able to quickly spin it with 2 fingers. I find I need three fingers on the Coronus. The Razor works with 2 fingers but has less distinct clicks the the others. The LR has very distinct click that I find easy to feel. If you like very snappy click the Coronus has that.
With the LR the second turn indicator will enter the discussion. I absolutely hate it! 🤷🏽‍♂️ With 22lr I'm often running just into it. But it is very manageable after you have spun through it a 200 times. 15 mil per turn I absofeaking love its worth the second turn indicator to have!

Tracking
The LR tracked consistent for the whole range. I came up with 98% (in my books acceptable) but will be double checking once I have time.

Anyhow that is some of my observations. I'm not saying the Razor is not good. Or the coronus for that matter. They are solid options and will beat the LR on a couple points but not better then the LR on average.
Do you have any opinions on the lack of locking windage on the LR or that not a consideration for your type of shooting?

Do you have any opinions on the lack of locking windage on the LR or that not a consideration for your type of shooting?
Most of my scope are not locking anything. I dont actually like locking elevation turrets. Windage I'd be ok with locking or capped as I never use it.
Having said that Ive never have a windage turret move yet.
I should look but if you use lock tight and then run the screws 1/2 a turn loose I believe the turret will just spin but not come off.

Most of my scope are not locking anything. I dont actually like locking elevation turrets. Windage I'd be ok with locking or capped as I never use it.
Having said that Ive never have a windage turret move yet.
I should look but if you use lock tight and then run the screws 1/2 a turn loose I believe the turret will just spin but not come off.
How big is the floating dot in the minox lr compared to the cronus and razor gen 2? In pics seems alittle bigger?

How big is the floating dot in the minox lr compared to the cronus and razor gen 2? In pics seems alittle bigger?
Twice as big. It is nicely visible at 5x it seems a bit big at 25 if your used to the thin lined optics but I think its perfect balance for full range of mag use. Most optics are really 10-25 because their reticles become useless at low mag. Typically when on low mag you wish to make a quick engagement so a defined ret is very use full. My opinion 😉

Twice as big. It is nicely visible at 5x it seems a bit big at 25 if your used to the thin lined optics but I think its perfect balance for full range of mag use. Most optics are really 10-25 because their reticles become useless at low mag. Typically when on low mag you wish to make a quick engagement so a defined ret is very use full. My opinion 😉
So pretty close to a h59 dot they are bigger than athlons.

So pretty close to a h59 dot they are bigger than athlons.
H59 is 0.05 mil dot if memory serves the LR dot and center cross is 0.06. If I was able to make my own reticle I'd use 0.045-0.05 lines and a 0.06 dot very use able 5-25 😉

H59 is 0.05 mil dot if memory serves the LR dot and center cross is 0.06. If I was able to make my own reticle I'd use 0.045-0.05 lines and a 0.06 dot very use able 5-25 😉
Yeah that isnt bad at all really. Specially for a crossover scope

I doubled checked all those numbers are right good memory lol the only one i couldnt find was the minox lr specs on dot

I got one ordered threw spartan-precision-arms. Great to work with. Im hoping that .8 isnt to big for me but i will find out soon

I got one ordered threw spartan-precision-arms. Great to work with. Im hoping that .8 isnt to big for me but i will find out soon
It’s 0.08 actually. The MR4 reticle uses a 0.05 center dot. Generally, the useable portion of the MR4 vs the LR reticles only differs in the very center. Dot (and dot sizes) vs a crosshair. The overall design of both reticles is simple, very easy on the eyes, and uncluttered.

I’ll also add that Marc at Spartan makes the buying experience very easy. I had to wait a couple months before the LR arrived and Marc communicated extremely well throughout the process.