• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Optic From Bushnell, The LRHS

Totally agree, it would be great on a precision AR 223 or 308.

I have 100 extra Elevation knobs on order and will be offering BDC elevation turrets 3rd or 4th qtr 2014

I think its a good unit that pulls together the flaws that weren't addressed on any one unit for long range hunting. I especially like the 10 mil fixed low pro turret with arrow is about as hunter friendly & dummy proof as it gets.

Is the turret straight or angled? If straight I have no issue. My only issue was if angled you couldn't run the turret tapes like you can on straight walled turrets.

Yes, I'm a tightwad and don't like to pay $100+ for specific laser engraved turrets that I may only use once on a hunt for that condition. As usual, GAP is ahead of the game and ordered turrets for etching for those that go that route.

This scope looks very similar to the design of March 3-24x42. Gonna have to wait on the report, might just pay extra $700 and go with March scope.

I think there is a pretty significant weight difference, a huge magnification difference, and the march parallax and eyeboxes tend to be pretty picky. Im betting nothing like this scope.

I consider the Bushy to be the ideal LR hunting optic because it compares with what I did believe to be my perfect LR hunting optic, the S&B Precision Hunter 3-12x42.
I have the S&B Precision Hunter and considered it perfect for my needs, it is fairly light weight, FFP, zero stop, reticle for hold overs and ranging when needed and the ability to dial elevation with out a huge turret that hangs on up in a scabbard.

The things I found wanting in the S&B Precision Hunter were price, reticle is a bit light for use at low power-low light & the turret only gives 3 mils of vertical and the turret is a bit hard to read in low light conditions.

Seeing the features of the Bushy scope to me are perfect and negate the issues I have with my S&B, the donut of death at low power & low light, more vertical elevation from turret, easier to see turret markings.

I have hunted with optics with large diameter objectives & tall turrets and really to me anymore it is about what I will effectively use and really need and I believe this Bushy scope has all things I have defined as needed and wanted in a LR optic for hunting and nothing more. That being said I will have two of them to run side by side with S&B PH for comparison and will post my results of such, I dont expect the Bushy will be left wanting in any respect.

I consider this Bushy optic a direct comparison to the S&B PH in features so I happy with this price point considering I would have to spend an additional $800 to get the S&B PH.
You just can't get these features for this money that I have found.

Last edited:
Will these be made available on Promotive site?

Scope was a Big hit at the shot show, It was the centerpiece of the Bushnell Booth and it had tons of activity all week, Im really happy with the work Bushnell put into this scope and with all the $4000-$7000 scopes debuting at the show the $1499 price now seems like a Steal. For the guys looking at this scope and desiring more power and OBJ. Its in the works. look for a 6x18x50mm in this line for 2015. Thats all for now.

Im sure they are now, There is a big article on it and the ne G2H reticle in Feb Issue of Outdoor Life. Im not sure who is in charge of Media Relations at Bushnell but Im sure if you call the Main # they will put you in contact with the right person.

Frank Galli will be sent one very soon and should give it a good write up for all to read.

Scope was a Big hit at the shot show, It was the centerpiece of the Bushnell Booth and it had tons of activity all week, Im really happy with the work Bushnell put into this scope and with all the $4000-$7000 scopes debuting at the show the $1499 price now seems like a Steal. For the guys looking at this scope and desiring more power and OBJ. Its in the works. look for a 6x18x50mm in this line for 2015. Thats all for now.

Damn makes me want to wait. This is good news glad it's taking off. I know this question likely can't be answered at the moment, but are we still looking at significant weight reduction compared to the ERS/XRS scopes?

Damn makes me want to wait. This is good news glad it's taking off. I know this question likely can't be answered at the moment, but are we still looking at significant weight reduction compared to the ERS/XRS scopes?

if your talking about the 6x18, its only going to be 1/2" longer with a bigger OBJ, so 26oz-28oz is my best guess,

if your a hunter the 3x12 is better :)

I know it won't happen but I would like to see them have an MOA version of their scopes.

I know it won't happen but I would like to see them have an MOA version of their scopes.

its not entirely impossible, depends on feedback and demand, MOA is becoming ancient and its already completely out for military use. you wont see any MOA scopes at LR matches where 10 years ago thats all you saw. Its just now breaking into the hunting scene as long range hunting is becoming popular. Once you switch you will be saying why did I wait so long.

I am hoping the same. I just took a peek at my Promotive account, and it isnt up yet. I am really wanting to pick one of these up for my 7mm08, and if its as good as they say, another one for a 30-06

I am hoping the same. I just took a peek at my Promotive account, and it isnt up yet. I am really wanting to pick one of these up for my 7mm08, and if its as good as they say, another one for a 30-06
Check the terms you must agree to for a purchase before entering the Bushnell page.... The Bushnell Promotive deal will only allow a total purchase price of $1000.
I wouldn't expect to see this scope there. Also it's not available until April 2014 according to Bushnell.

Last edited:
I've been looking at this scope from afar since you guys introduced it. I don't understand why the windage knobs were left capped. That makes no sense to me. I don't hunt though so I guess I must be missing something

My MK6 is capped. I hold wind, dial elevation.

I wish the mk6 had exposed Windage like the mk8. Mainly cause I'll be using mine for comp though it's really a non issue. For hunting it wouldn't bother me that it's capped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish the mk6 had exposed Windage like the mk8. Mainly cause I'll be using mine for comp though it's really a non issue. For hunting it wouldn't bother me that it's capped.

Nobody dials for comps, very rarely for dialing out wind on a mover. Not having a capped windage knob has fucked me several times as it moves when moving between stages rubbing on clothes pack etc.

Always hold wind and dial elevation!!!! not enough time to correct for a condition change when trying to dial.

Last edited:
Nobody dial for Comps, very rarely for dialing out wind on a mover. not having a capped windage knob has fucked me several times as it moves when moving between stages.

Always hold wind and dial elevation!!!! not enough time to correct for a condition change when trying to dial.

Will do George about to shoot my first comp in two weeks :D gonna have to put the GAP reticle in my SN-3 to good use.

Looking forward to Ryan's review of the LRHS thinking it has a reserved spot on my sako.

THe fast turret zero feature for the windage leaves you to want a cap on the turret. You can still dial. If you had to make a fast shot you wouldn't dial it anyway. I think its a great idea. I have really been needing to add another scope to my collection and was really leaning into the NF 2.5-10x42 but this will be a good one too. Hell, might just do both. Never thought I would see the day where I have 5 NXS's in the safe not being used while DMR's on on top of my sweetness. I have been very happy with all my bushys. Thanks to all who got this thing going.

George do u hold for windage when standing kneeling or sitting w sling? I don't have prob holding if I have a good supported position but if I'm using a sling I find this very difficult to do.

I have a night force f1 and it gets banged around a lot during training and it's never had the knobs move. Maybe I don't train hard enough? Hehe

George do u hold for windage when standing kneeling or sitting w sling? I don't have prob holding if I have a good supported position but if I'm using a sling I find this very difficult to do.

I have a night force f1 and it gets banged around a lot during training and it's never had the knobs move. Maybe I don't train hard enough? Hehe

I do, I even hold for movers, but the deal is, if you want to take the cap off... you can. I think this is a good alternative to a zero stop or lock on the windage. At least from a price point.

I shot an F1 in the Bushnell brawl a couple of years ago. I was off .2 during a dot drill.

You know what I would change about this scope, nothing.....and I haven't even laid eyes on one yet. As soon as my March sells I'm ordering at least one of these. If this scope doesn't have the features you want to shoot matches, then buy something else. I read the whole thread and I can't believe the amount of bitching over a product that isn't even on the shelves yet. If the guys that developed this product say it's a good product, then it is. I own and abuse the shit out of GAP rifles and Montana slings, these guys know what good stuff is and isn't and they both use their stuff as hard or harder than anyone. Then again I'm a kool-aid addict too.

I wish Bushnell starts to put this type of elevation knob on all their higher end scopes. Maybe they're working on it

Curious if this is something guys like Ryan would shoot in tac matches?

I'm curious if a scope like this will track well and hold up repeatedly with constant dialing? I'm really liking the feature set including low profile elevation knob and slick integrated zero stop setup.

For my small game and paper punching shorter yardage needs - this feels like it fits the bill well particularly the nice short minimum focal length. In the north east here - there are a lot of situations where we just can't get good long sightlines through the cover. I'm slightly worried about the 12x top end for paper punching and shooting groups but I'm hoping the increased resolving power allows better visibility vs lower res higher mag viewing...

Curious if this is something guys like Ryan would shoot in tac matches?

I'm curious if a scope like this will track well and hold up repeatedly with constant dialing? I'm really liking the feature set including low profile elevation knob and slick integrated zero stop setup.

For my small game and paper punching shorter yardage needs - this feels like it fits the bill well particularly the nice short minimum focal length. In the north east here - there are a lot of situations where we just can't get good long sightlines through the cover. I'm slightly worried about the 12x top end for paper punching and shooting groups but I'm hoping the increased resolving power allows better visibility vs lower res higher mag viewing...

???? Track and Hold up repeatedly with constant dialing????????

Easy answer

Yes!

Guys, read the whole thread. This is a super well made scope. Its as tough as the top of the line $3500 scopes out there. In fact being that I have seen alot of the top stuff crap out it may be tougher. Id shoot this in a match no sweat!! Better yet Id trust it on a $20,000 sheep hunt in the NW Territory. Bushnell has taken huge leaps in the last 3 years to produce some great scopes!

I agree, there are plenty of good scopes out there, agreed. None of them have the specs of this scope at this price! The ones that are being touted as on par or better are not. Guys that get them will tell you all about them. Pat has a real good test thread going on another web site. Hopefully he will share it all with you. I'm getting one into Franks hands soon and I know he will test it hard.

Hey Pat,

How about a link to your test thread. LRH?

Trigger pulled. This just ticks too many boxes not to give it a shot - literally....

So will it be available to International buyers??

Made it out to the hills yesterday evening with the new scope for a little testing from 520 out to 900 meters. I mounted it on my GAP 6.5 SAUM Extreme Hunter.

Everything worked great, and clean hits on steel were made on all of the steel using both the turret, and the reticle. The thing that impressed both my friend and I were the light gathering abilities of the scope, right before dark. It was just as bright as my 10X42 S&B PMII. Also, the large numbers on the turret were much, much easier to see and read as well.

More T&E by the end of the week..........

Pat do you have that scope mounted with Talley low height rings?

lrhs005.jpg

It's mounted in Tally 30MM Light Lows. I get 10.8 mils of elevation.

Might have to try one of these to replace the VX-6 2-12x42 on my non typical 260