Rifle Scopes New Primary Arms PLXC 1-8 FFP

WILLSMITH030382

WILL SMITH
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
Nov 1, 2018
SW FlORIDA
Is the horseshoe on the m8 meter version bigger than the m8 yard version? If so will it make the reticle on the m8 meter version faster to pick up at 1× power?

PappyM3

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2019
No the patent holder of the reticle will not release the full files but he will do a custom drop chart if you have velocity data. Also the beauty of the ACSS reticles is you zero according to the manual and your drops are on
The reticle isn’t magical. It’s a useful tool, but all the cartridges/barrel lengths in the zero guidance are rough estimates. Every barrel and load is going to be a little different in muzzle velocity. And what if I’m going to be in a high altitude area for a while. My trajectories will be different. Should I send my velocity, BC, and elevation information to Dimitri for updated drop numbers every single time I travel, get a new barrel, or try a new load?

Virtually every single scope manufacturer provides the specifications to their reticles publicly. Because it is key information for the user. The only other exception that I know of is Horus, but they at least provide a mobile app to check your external ballistics against the reticles.

Last edited:

TonyTheTiger

Like a Boss
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
No the patent holder of the reticle will not release the full files but he will do a custom drop chart if you have velocity data. Also the beauty of the ACSS reticles is you zero according to the manual and your drops are on
Well that's wildly unhelpful. I've got barrels from 10.5" to 22" in about .5" increments and shoot in temps from -10 to 100 degrees at several different elevations. Am I going to get a custom drop chart for each possible barrel length and then a sub chart in 20 degree increments also? And then when it doesn't true up quite right at distance am I going to request a drop chart with a 5% BC decrease or a 30fps increase, attempt to true again then get another slightly modified drop chart and try again?
On top of that, myself and many other people use Strelok as a shopping tool when looking to make purchases. If I can't play with the reticle a little before I buy it hurts the chances I'll commit to a higher dollar scope.

NHR

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2018
If the reticle is indeed patented, then there is no need to obfuscate. That's the point of patents: protecting your IP(especially if it is easily reverse engineered).

Additionally, anyone who seriously wanted to "steal" the data could very easily purchase a scope and measure the sub tensions on a a calibrated grid. It's not complicated.

Not releasing the data is double-pointless and steers away customers who might otherwise be interested.

Shawn1492

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
Colorado
You guys are really over thinking this. It’s a combat BDC. A torso at 600 yards is 3 MOA. It has turrets if you need 1 MOA precision.
They include a how to zero chart based on your chosen bullets and velocity. Example, 77smk at 2700 fps should be 1 inch high at 100 yards.

Neurotic

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
Jul 6, 2020
If the reticle is indeed patented, then there is no need to obfuscate. That's the point of patents: protecting your IP(especially if it is easily reverse engineered).

Additionally, anyone who seriously wanted to "steal" the data could very easily purchase a scope and measure the sub tensions on a a calibrated grid. It's not complicated.

Not releasing the data is double-pointless and steers away customers who might otherwise be interested.
Seems like unadulterated arrogance...

One could probably just reverse engineer the images.

I just want to know if the horseshoes are obstructing.

TonyTheTiger

Like a Boss
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
You guys are really over thinking this. It’s a combat BDC. A torso at 600 yards is 3 MOA. It has turrets if you need 1 MOA precision.
Maybe for your purposes we are. I rarely have the luxury of targets that big and I've never had the time to dial on the clock. Getting BDC's dialed in for say a 10" target out to 600 is pretty important for me.
Zeroing an inch high at a given range seems good in theory, but it works as well as zeroing at 25 and assuming you're on at 300. Maybe if you just need to hit a human sized target somewhere it's fine, but it's far from precise.

marsh1

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2007
Houston Texas
www.primaryarms.com
Is the horseshoe on the m8 meter version bigger than the m8 yard version? If so will it make the reticle on the m8 meter version faster to pick up at 1× power?
Yes. 5 mils on yards 10 on Meter version. I will call reticle patent holder today and tell him I am getting beat bloody for not sharing more numbers on the BDC

saberwalk

Private
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2021
Laytonsville, MD
Pre ordered a PLx-1-8X24mm FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ACSS Griffin MIL M8 Reticle. Can’t wait! If it is as clear as my Delta Stryker which is also from LOW, this will be an awesome scope. Plan to mount it on a Scalarworks mount to maximize weight savings.

JDB55

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2021
Tennessee
Pre ordered a PLx-1-8X24mm FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ACSS Griffin MIL M8 Reticle. Can’t wait! If it is as clear as my Delta Stryker which is also from LOW, this will be an awesome scope. Plan to mount it on a Scalarworks mount to maximize weight savings.
I've looked through both and the primary arms has clearer glass, mainly because it has no distortion at the edge(alteast on my Stryker). Love my Stryker and it's the best lpvo on a budget imo, but the PLxC 1-8 is better glass.

Reactions: Center Mass

saberwalk

Private
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2021
Laytonsville, MD
I've looked through both and the primary arms has clearer glass, mainly because it has no distortion at the edge(alteast on my Stryker). Love my Stryker and it's the best lpvo on a budget imo, but the PLxC 1-8 is better glass.
Geez, I really can’t wait now. Until I read it somewhere, I had not looked for or noticed the distortion on the Stryker. It seemed as clear as my VCOG without the weight penalty (I use a Scalarwprks LEAP). I still don’t notice it much so really curious to get my hands on the PA scope.

Reactions: JDB55

JDB55

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2021
Tennessee
Geez, I really can’t wait now. Until I read it somewhere, I had not looked for or noticed the distortion on the Stryker. It seemed as clear as my VCOG without the weight penalty (I use a Scalarwprks LEAP). I still don’t notice it much so really curious to get my hands on the PA scope.
I think it varies Stryker to Stryker. Mine is on the last quarter outside edge, but it's crystal clear in the center. All that said, the PA sample size of one in my experience was some of the best glass I have looked through so far.

PappyM3

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2019
31709B8C-E987-48FF-BBE5-43966F53E5FF.jpeg
Reticles are on Strelok now.

The meters version, but using it in yards, is looking pretty good for my 12.5” Criterion barrel shooting Black Hills 77gr TMK.

1.7” mount, zeroed at 50 yards, 0.1 mil low

6mph wind dots

Meters reticle, but these drops are in yards. Only issue is the range estimate is still meters, but the sizes of people change so much the range estimate should still be okay for quick needs.

Last edited:
Reactions: TonyTheTiger

PBWalsh

Preston Walsh Fitness
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter+
Feb 10, 2017
Central AL
View attachment 7933767Reticles are on Strelok now.

The meters version is looking pretty good for my 12.5” Criterion barrel shooting Black Hills 77gr TMK.

1.7” mount, zeroed at 50 yards, 0.1 mil low

6mph wind dots

Meters reticle, but these drops are in yards. Only issue is the range estimate is still meters, but the sizes of people change so much the range estimate should still be okay for quick needs.
Whats your MV?