• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New Project: Quasi-M40/LTR

powderBurnz

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2005
Florida
Been bored now that hunting season is over. So I decided to jump into another project. Ive always liked an M40 and same with an LTR. So Im awaiting delivery on an SPS Tactical and an m40-ish walnut stock. We'll see where this goes from here. I'll probably throw my Mk4 M3 on it. Not sure if Im gonna go with Redfield JR and rings or if I'll throw an old set of TPS rings and base on it. Im planning on pillar bedding the stock. This'll be my notepad of sorts for where the build's going. Nothing fancy but something that'll take up my time.

Re: New Project: Quasi-M40/LTR

Got the stock today.

100_0810.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marsox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got the stock today.

</div></div>

Looks nice! Miller time indeed.

Stripped Walnut BDL/Varmint bbl channel from Numrich.

And oh yeah, it was Miller Time.

Fitting the sps tac to the stock; drilled out for pillars, cut the pillars to fit, rounded the front of the forearm, stripped the wood, and sanded the stock and barrel channel.

m40prefit.jpg

Marsox that is a great stock. I have an M40 that came from Remington. I want to do another one. I looked for that stock on Numrich and cant find it. Can you send a link to that stock. I know I have seen them there before and I want to do another build. Thanks.

Marsox, I am doing an M40 build and neeed a stock to finish the project. Would you please send me the information for the above mentioned stock. It looks very close to the actual stock.

Marsox thats an awesome build. You know nothing fancy, but you mix a little of the old with some new and it looks great. Are those the Witchta sling swivels?

Very Nice.

I would like to see someone make a stock like that one, but with a comb at the same height as the 40XB. I just realized that the walnut stock on my 40XB is the first stock that did not require me to build a cheek pad when used with a reasonable sized scope.

my buddy had one of these and loved it, as do I. My next project is going to be one of these. I'm an old foggie in this job, I like old stuff. 1911s, sideXside shotguns for hunting, bolt actions,and PBR please I'm sure somebody has probably used one here too.
http://www.accurateinnovations.com/index.html

Thanks all. I wanted to do something with a little old and new flair to it. I love the stock. Ive run almost every "A" stock that McMillan has, a few Manners and some HS stocks, but I cant get over this walnut deal. It adds life to the gun. I cant wait to get this on the line for some MidRange shoots my club puts on. This thing is a sleeper for sure.

The sling loops are actually parked rem870 swivels from Scattergun Technologies. They are damn close to the wichitas I had on a USMC turnin.

Just waiting to see how some Redfield mounts will work with this. It may lower the scope a bit from what I have on there now. Besides it'll bring more repro into it. lol...

Popeye, I looked at the Accuracy Innov stocks, but when I got a quote from them for over $700 bills, I nixed that. I understand they have their own bedding block and all. But I did basically the same thing with pillars and some Marinetex for under $20 added to the cost of the stock.

great post. thank you for sharing.

Could you please list the prod # for that stock? I can never navigate the Numrich website well.