• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Rifle: Seekins Havak HIT

Also... are their published torque specs for the chassis/action? (maybe in the manual I obviously haven't read yet)

hit_open_source_barrel.jpg

@White_Shark last image on the website page...

I'm surprised there aren't a bunch of reviews already, or at least initial impressions given they're shipping daily.

Is the action an R700 footprint? Will it fit into other chassis?

Same question for the chassis, can I drop a Terminus or Impact (R700) in it without mods?

Found answer in this video:

Last edited:
Reactions: Terry Cross
I'm surprised there aren't a bunch of reviews already, or at least initial impressions given they're shipping daily.

Same question for the chassis, can I drop a Terminus or Impact (R700) in it without mods?

I bought mine off gunbroker last Monday. It arrived Friday and I was able to get it to the range on Sunday.

Rifle: HIT 6mm Creedmoor.
I have a Timney Hit trigger on order for it.

Optic: Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27x56 EBR 7C MRAD
Mount: Spuhr 4001 (with the Spuhr it functions perfectly with the dust cover. No catch at all)

Brake: Area 419 Hellfire Match 6mm

Arca Rail: Area 419 12”

Bipod: Atlas with 419 Arca adapter

Weight is 16.7 with no mag

Shot .38 MOA at the range Sunday. I am in no way a great shooter. I think the rifle is actually better than that. I stretched it to 800 yards that day. Avg speed 2939 (on shot 5-15 on the rifle, 10 shot string) with Hornady 108 eld m. I do realize that I’ll have to run another chrono test after I shoot it more.

I have a 6.5 PRC barrel/mag bolt head, custom case on order. The ability to change barrels so easily I’m really excited for.

Hope this helps. The value of this rifle is incredible.

Attachments

• F5361592-2D21-4AF5-853D-F13670AE083F.jpeg
    F5361592-2D21-4AF5-853D-F13670AE083F.jpeg
    662.4 KB · Views: 1,460
  • 7AE4E743-394D-48FD-89F9-B2FCB22DB37A.jpeg
    7AE4E743-394D-48FD-89F9-B2FCB22DB37A.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 360
I was going back and forth on leaving the trigger or going to something with a flat trigger. Finally I decided even that wouldn't work. I bought a Timney Calvin so I could extend the trigger reach.

I have pretty big hands, with a traditional pistol grip hold, the trigger reach was very short. With a thumb along the right side hold, I was having to do some odd things with my hand to be able to get on the trigger. This isn't a rifle issue, it's an I'm a giant mook issue. lol

I will say I like the Seekins design in that department, that was the easiest trigger swap I've ever done.

The action and chassis are not compatible with anything else. It’s a flat bottom style action built for the chassis that doesn’t require any bedding. We will have a Remington style chassis available in the near future

And honestly I would have bought it on the spot if I didnt build my rifle already. It’s the caliber I wanted and about the same price as just my chassis and barrel only.

And honestly I would have bought it on the spot if I didnt build my rifle already. It’s the caliber I wanted and about the same price as just my chassis and barrel only.
I just shot mine in my first PRS match today. I had a ton of people very interested in the rifle. Everyone kept asking to look at it

Reactions: Sendero_Man
I just shot mine in my first PRS match today. I had a ton of people very interested in the rifle. Everyone kept asking to look at it
It looks nice, I was going to play with it but the store was super busy. I will probably go back mid week and check it out.

How did it go?
It is significantly smoother than my Havak Ph2. I was very impressed, I now have 120 rounds down the barrel and I have yet to have any feeding or extraction issues. I am running 10 round PMAGS. There was 65 people at the match today and at least 10 different people asked to look at the rifle. Seekins knocked it out of the park with this one.

It was a great match. My dope was dialed pretty good. I still have some fine tuning to do. The wind kicked my ass today though. Ha

Went to scheels in Colorado Springs yesterday and they had a HIT in 6.5 creedmoor. Very nicely built rifle but the chassis was not for me. Maybe a MPA grip would fix that but just didn’t like the grip/trigger interface and no thumb shelf.

I pulled the trigger on a 6CM FDE, ordered through Eurooptic. Says backordered on their site but in stock at seekins site. Slightly better price at Eurooptic soI hope I don't have to wait too long. Every time I go to a gun shop I see 6 creed ammo in stock in bulk. I reload for my other rifles but want something to feed relatively cheap and available factory ammo.

Last edited:
I pulled the trigger on a 6CM FDE, ordered through Eurooptic. Says backordered on their site but in stock at seekins site. Slightly better price at Eurooptic soI hope I don't have to wait too long. Every time I go to a gun shop I see 6 creed ammo in stock in bulk. I reload for my other rifles but want something to feed relatively cheap and available factory ammo.
I placed my order for an FDE 6cm version from EuroOptic in late November- still waiting on it. I’m hoping this month it’ll get shipped 😬 When I placed the order they told me 3-4 months….

• Wow
Reactions: bodywerks
So, the Seekins Havak HIT or the new Sig Cross in the 24" barrel with ARCA rail, and why? They look like similar value propositions, with the unloaded weight (Havak 11.5 vs ~8 lbs Cross) and ease of replacing barrels (much easier with the Havak HIT).

Can't say on the HIT, not familiar with the Cross. Still waiting on short and long term reviews from owners.

Other than a small handful of people that have made videos on Utube (does pre-production even count?) or posted here, there hasn't been much in the way of actual hands on reviews of the production model.

Don't know how many they are shipping per day with a current 60-90 day backorder, but there should be a decent number out in the wild by now.

If I had access to a new production one, I'd put a few hundred rounds through it in short order with a variety of ammo for T&E review.

Reactions: bodywerks
I just emailed Eurooptic about delivery timeframe on my order. I really wasn't expecting it to be more than a few weeks, maybe a month.

I had hoped to shoot mine again today, but 18mph winds gusting to 25mph. I've canceled my trips a few times in recent weeks for the same reason. In other times I would have gone and dealt with it, but with so few primers left in reserve I'm saving them for better conditions.

I had hoped to shoot mine again today, but 18mph winds gusting to 25mph.
I had other business at the range, so I brought the rifle just in case the wind died down, which it finally did right before sunset. But like always everything I did was rushed. Bad for shooting groups, bad for barrel heating. Some day I'll get to take my time.

I was having a minor issues removing mags. I was advised that the latch probably needed a tweaking. I did that last night, lowered it a hair. Now the mags latch in and out easy and the bolt throw is much smoother. I guess the mag was rubbing the bottom of the bolt more than I realized. Smoother function and feeding now, to the point where the first round I chambered from the mag, I wasn't sure it had actually picked up the round. It had.

I'm still learning this rifle and how it wants to be shot. The last two trips most of my "groups" were strings. But not strings like a hot barrel walking or bad bedding. Some are vertical, some horizontal, some diagonal. Shooting way too well / tight to be random. I sat there thinking about what it could be, what I'm doing wrong. I realize "I don't think I'm behind the rifle enough. Why is my firing grip so awkward?" I extended the stock all the way and my last group was one blurry hole. Now I'm excited to get back at it next week.

One final "pro tip". ;) If you want to shoot good groups, don't shoot a whole bunch of 3 1/2" turkey loads right before your try. Man was I flinchy when I started and had a couple "oopsies" with the rifle due to it. I have a headache now from them. Yikes.

Just got a response from Eurooptic about ship date. They said they have no estimate on ship date. Let the wait begin, I guess. I started looking at other rifles, but nothing has the same value, conceptually.

Reactions: nrspence