• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Rifle: Seekins Havak HIT

Keeping mine simple. Seekins rings and PST gen II. Might try to shoot it next weekend if it shows up before Friday!

For the very few that already have them, is the trigger pull adjustable without disassembling the action from the chassis?

@Glen Seekins , can you give any more details on the competition reward program you guys mentioned when the HIT released?

Something about discounts on replacement barrels for every match shot as well as big checks for national level top finishes in 2 day matches?

Just wondering if I should get a HIT before dominating the PRO circuit this year…might even stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

Keeping mine simple.
I Timmie'd mine up. ;)

12B7E5D4-5E5C-43D0-8209-A1C113918C9C.jpeg

Mine will be used for trying to make small holes in paper. And a handful of days a years "hunting", sitting watching over a field and a right of way through the forest. On the right of way I'm as likely to see a deer at 14 yards as I am at 400. With a low end of 6x and high of 24x, I didn't want to be lost in the scope trying to find a critter at 20 yards.

0ED6A884-9BEC-4A34-B58D-E632D3714BB2.jpeg

Took it with me today hoping to shoot it, but the wind was bad. As in couldn't keep the targets stapled on the back boards bad. So I saved my ammo and took a couple rushed pics before I did other things.

5E27EDB0-7C70-4701-AAC3-A1FADFF19124.jpeg

The a Area 419. In it's current orientation it doesn't go all the way to the end, and goes father to the rear than is actually useful.

I went to try flipping it around to see if it would work better and the rear screw stripped (little tiny allen heads, not a fan).
So there it sits, at least until the next time the action is out and I can do mean things to the screw.

It's been sitting at the LGS since yesterday at noon. Wasn't able to pick it up until this evening.

It comes with a 5rd PMAG, chamber flag, a few stickers, comes in the absolute cheapest plastic gun case I've ever seen. The case came broken with a crack a few inches big on the backside. It's pretty much disposable, but it did the job of keeping the firearm protected. (I am NOT complaining)

The FDE color is very flat, the opposite of Nightforce "Shiny Dark Earth" as described by someone else on a different thread. Fit and finish are good with no issues in handling it. Trigger feels great, not sure it can really get much better to be honest. I realize it's the low end trigger, but it feels awesome. Hinge works as expected, button is not an issue, very tight. Will not accidentally swing open anytime soon.

LOVE the right side bolt capture!!!

Action is hanging up occasionally upon initial push if angle is wrong, but it's still brand new. Until I break it in/put actual rounds it in and run it hard and fast, I won't pass a "gun shop judgement" upon how it feels right now. Just a note. Will call Seekins tomorrow and see what they say about not using or what lubrications they recommend. If there was a manual I either didn't get one or didn't see it when I packed the plastic case back into the cardboard box. Likely on me.

Nice not to have to screw in a rail, cheekrest feels a bit "skinny" compared to what I'm used to, but I won't say anything negative about it until I've actually put at least 50 rounds downrange with it. Besides, everyone's face is somewhat different, and... preferences.

The carbon fiber look of the cheekrest is a nice contrast with the FLAT dark earth color.

Won't be able to get to the range until Monday, and I only have a little over one box of ELD-M left. Need to pick up more.

Attachments

• IMG_2244.jpg
    IMG_2244.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_2249.jpg
    IMG_2249.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_2248.jpg
    IMG_2248.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_2247.jpg
    IMG_2247.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_2246.jpg
    IMG_2246.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 257
Well, since I didn't even know it came with anything resembling a gun case, even a crappy one is a bonus!
Thanks for the initial impression thoughts. My ph2 action was tight as well. Although I never got to really break it in, it did start freeing up rather quickly. Put a little tetra grease on the wear points and just start cycling the bolt while you watch your favorite show.
I pick my 6 creed version up hopefully tomorrow.

Action is hanging up occasionally upon initial push if angle is wrong, but it's still brand new.

Mine did that at first which gave me pause. Getting the protective lube it's shipped with off of it helps (it's a bit thick/sticky). As did some oil and some use. Honestly, I forgot about it even doing it until I read this, so I wouldn't worry about it lasting.

Reactions: pineoak
I watched one of the few videos on this HIT and in one of them the guy pulled a sheet of paper with a proof grouping from the case. Those that have received theirs, did you receive a proof grouping?

Picked mine up today. Overall pretty decent, but if the bolt doesn't free up, like, quickly, it can't even begin to be used as a PRS rifle. It binds to the point of locking up if you attempt to put it into battery using the bolt knob. I mean, 50lbs of force won't let it go forward. Ima practice what I preached earlier and sit in my layzboy and cycle the bolt a few hundred times. If it doesn't free up it'll go back. It's that bad.
Kinda don't understand why there's that finger on the cheek rest that blocks the bolt from coming out unless you break the folder lock and swing the butt out of the way. Was this on purpose?
Trigger is crisp, but definitely too heavy for me. That's gonna have to change.
Aside from the rather serious issue of bolt bind, it's a bitchin piece of machinery.
I like that the buttpiece height is adjustable.
20220421_153717.jpg

As posted above, my mag latch was a bit off and the mag rubbed the bolt too much, so something else to check for.

Reactions: bodywerks
Yeah, tried without magazine. Same. It locks up immediately. Just cycled it 50 times or so and it's already getting easier. I don't think it will be an issue, but as you said, it was quite concerning as a first impression.

Think of it as a new AR and run it wet! :D
Clean off and oil the bolt and in the action, it helped a lot on mine.

The first couple trips I had a sore cheek the next day. I bought a stick on comb pad to cut down and attach. Still haven't done it as I found most of the problem was with me and my head positioning and it hasn't really been a problem since. (the benches and stools at my range were built by a little short guy and I'm a big tall guy. I started siting on a milk crate and the problem went away. lol I will probably put it on anyway come fall to make it more winter friendly)

Last edited:
Picked mine up today. Overall pretty decent, but if the bolt doesn't free up, like, quickly, it can't even begin to be used as a PRS rifle. It binds to the point of locking up if you attempt to put it into battery using the bolt knob. I mean, 50lbs of force won't let it go forward. Ima practice what I preached earlier and sit in my layzboy and cycle the bolt a few hundred times. If it doesn't free up it'll go back. It's that bad.
Kinda don't understand why there's that finger on the cheek rest that blocks the bolt from coming out unless you break the folder lock and swing the butt out of the way. Was this on purpose?
Trigger is crisp, but definitely too heavy for me. That's gonna have to change.
Aside from the rather serious issue of bolt bind, it's a bitchin piece of machinery.
I like that the buttpiece height is adjustable.View attachment 7854267
My havak was like this and I couldn’t stand it. I honestly think on that rifle it was the super sharp bolt stop. If you bring just a touch of pressure off of it so it still stays in the channel it worked a lot smoother. I was going to play with knocking off the sharp edges but sold it before I got that far.

No. You're not. But I am confident this is a break in issue. Get the bolt cycling well and then clean it all up and run a dry lube.

I'm not talking long term, just to get the gack out. Turn the rifle upside down and spray the inside of the action.

Funny that people are discussing the bolt throw since I was just at Scheels playing with one they have. To me the bolt seemed to fit well, not much slop to bind but did feel sticky. They actually had some lube and I threw some on and it began to improve immediately. I think stripping the factory lube off and using some CLP or a quality dry lube and a few hundred cycles will help a lot.

What gave me pause was the somewhat heavy cock-on-open. It was not unusable by any means but if it didn’t lighten up with some cycles and grease on the lugs it would bother me off barricades and such especially.

I’ve heard this dry lube is really great, not cheap but I might try some. Pondering on ordering a PRO, the one at Scheels didn’t come home with me.

Are you speaking of the bolt lift effort needed to re- cock the firing pin? So far, I've found that to be rather impressive for the price point.

Are you speaking of the bolt lift effort needed to re- cock the firing pin? So far, I've found that to be rather impressive for the price point.
Yes, it felt a bit heavy to me but a single example with factory (or lack of) grease in a store is probably not the best circumstance to test it. Just curious how it felt to others.

It should be noted I’m in action hunting mode right now, picking up my first Lone Peak tomorrow. I’m a recovering AI/Tikka swept-bolt addict so heavier cock-on-open shouldn’t bother me but something about that swept bolt with the ball knob makes it seem more manageable.

Sometimes my knuckle hits that scope on a 90 degree throw and I start hurting…hurtin’ real bad for that 60-75 degree throw.

I won't pass judgment on the rifles accuracy as I'm rusty, and wind and mirage today were terrible. But here's the first 9 rounds down the tube. Bolt still binds a bit and closing the bolt takes a good bit of forward pressure, as though the locking lugs need breaking in also.
20220422_102350.jpg

Really hunkered down, tried to time the mirage and wind and get a 5 shot group in. I'd say wind and mirage still accounted for a half inch of this group size. I think it'll be a hammer in the right conditions. I just hope the bolt starts to free up!
20220422_104358.jpg

I swapped out my barrels again and put the Prototype .223 barrel / bolt head on and did a quick bore sight.

First round was just little low, came up .1 and right .1 and sent 4 more rounds of Factory 40 vmax. It is gonna be a shooter for sure. I have some Hornady 53 Vmax I'm going to load up for this.

I have a little over 300 rounds fired now on the action and the 3 different barrels. VERY PLEASED!!

I adjusted the mag latch back down for the .223 mag and will raise it up again for the AW mag for 6GT barrel.

HIT .223.jpg

HIT 223 target.jpg

@Sendero_Man , are you going to put some heavy match bullets like 80 gr ELD-M's or 75/77's through it? I think a lot of people will be running with something like that as a trainer or local match gun. My 223 Ackley with 88 ELD-M's is pretty impressive under 800 yards.

Reactions: Sendero_Man
When the wind comes down I can actually see what the .308 does with 185 jaugers. Until then..... waiting.....

I sure can.

I have 50 - 75 Amax loaded and 50 - 88's loaded for .223 that I was gonna fireform for my bolt 223AI ;) But I'll run them thru this and let ya know !
You're the man, thanks brother! I would likely get a 223 Ackley barrel spun up once the bolt is in production. Especially with the easier barrel swaps it would make the idea of the training gun more viable.

Reactions: Sendero_Man
Hoping to NOT de rail this thread, but any members following this thread, that have also had experience with the BRAVO in .308? Accuracy and usability of the KRG? Does the cheek riser on the BRAVO have the same height adjustment as the HIT riser? It seems the HIT has lots of adjustment.

I literally shot both KRG BRAVO chassis (Tikka) & HIT today.

Didn't have any match ammo, but it digested and spit out 32 rounds of cheap ball flawlessly.

The cheek rest is pretty skinny and I'll likely either mousepad or put a mini stock on it, but using it today I didn't really notice it.

The bolt bind is lessened from new, but there is occasionally a bind or two when messing with it in a "non shooting" position.

But I don't recall the bolt binding a single time shooting from prone or standing tripod. I believe once the finish wears off and it breaks in it will be fine. It was fine today with it's first 32 rounds.

Overall impression of shooting the HIT is very positive.

Accuracy of the KRG Bravo was the same for my T3x both factory stock (plastic parts touching the barrel were dremeled/relieved) and in the Bravo. No difference.

Usability, it's fine. Lots of people have it. I think the palm swell is too thick, and I wear XL gloves. That's the only issue other than the bottom FLEXING when mounted to a tripod (RRS attachment rail). Overall great for the price.

Look closely at the KRG X-Ray chassis iso the Bravo. It's a bit more but I think you get more for the $$$. I'd consider the Whiskey 3 as I've always liked it. if doing it again, I would go W3

The Bravo cheekpiece is very adjustable and has no detents. so you can put it anywhere. I'm not a fan of the detents on the HIT. If wanting to use the detents instead of friction, they kind of have a course/big adjustments IMO. I like the Bravo friction mounts better.

I torque my cheekpieces to 25 in/# personally. the HIT uses a Tripod-star knob which has no hex screw. I don't think the HIT cheek rest will come loose. My Bravo cheek rest at 25 in/# has never loosened.

One thing I will note is that the barrel had a bunch of tiny debris of some kind in it. Not sure what it was. But I could see it looking down from the chamber. I ran three dry patches through it and was happy when the third was pretty white. Strongly recommend you run a few dry patches down the barrel before shooting. Or just clean it, but it didn't look like it needed it to me. Will update on cleaning it at 200rds.

Last edited:
I literally shot both KRG BRAVO chassis (Tikka) & HIT today.

Didn't have any match ammo, but it digested and spit out 32 rounds of Magtech M80 flawlessly.

The cheek rest is pretty skinny and I'll likely either mousepad or put a mini stock on it, but using it today I didn't really notice it.

The bolt bind is lessened from new, but there is occasionally a bind or two when messing with it in a "non shooting" position.

But I don't recall the bolt binding a single time shooting from prone or standing tripod. I believe once the finish wears off and it breaks in it will be fine. It was fine today with it's first 32 rounds.

Overall impression of shooting the HIT is very positive.

Accuracy of the KRG Bravo was the same for my T3x both factory stock (plastic parts touching the barrel were dremeled/relieved) and in the Bravo. No difference.

Usability, it's fine. Lots of people have it. I think the palm swell is too thick, and I wear XL gloves. That's the only issue other than the bottom FLEXING when mounted to a tripod (RRS attachment rail). Overall great for the price.

Look closely at the KRG X-Ray chassis iso the Bravo. It's a bit more but I think you get more for the $$$. I'd consider the Whiskey 3 as I've always liked it. if doing it again, I would go W3

The Bravo cheekpiece is very adjustable and has no detents. so you can put it anywhere. I'm not a fan of the detents on the HIT. If wanting to use the detents instead of friction, they kind of have a course/big adjustments IMO. I like the Bravo friction mounts better.

I torque my cheekpieces to 25 in/# personally. the HIT uses a Tripod-star knob which has no hex screw. I don't think the HIT cheek rest will come loose. My Bravo cheek rest at 25 in/# has never loosened.

One thing I will note is that the barrel had a bunch of tiny debris of some kind in it. Not sure what it was. But I could see it looking down from the chamber. I ran three dry patches through it and was happy when the third was pretty white. Strongly recommend you run a few dry patches down the barrel before shooting. Or just clean it, but it didn't look like it needed it to me. Will update on cleaning it at 200rds.
I noticed the same thing. 7 clicks on the HIT vs the full adjustment duration of the SEEKINS BRAVO. On the HIT 1.181 mount height put me right in between 2-3 clicks, 1.35 3-4 clicks, and now I have a 1.5 on the way. It just seemed there was a SUBSTANTIAL amount of rise on the HIT and was curious if the BRAVO had the same amount of "travel" available. The HIT riser digs into my cheek.

My only comparison, for real life, is the Bergara PRO. With 1.181 the riser still doesn't allow me enough height to get good line of sight with the scope.

I bought seekins .92 medium high rings. They are too low unless I can find a way to lower the cheek riser more.
Yep, I bought a set of Seekins .97 rings and now have a set of 1.26 coming today. The .97 barely worked for me, but more height is definitely needed. Now to sell the other rings 😑

I think 1.35 or 1.5 may be the trick for long necked humans above 5' 10".

I was thinking nightforce 1.125 just because I want it to still fit in the provided case, but will it be enough height?

Enough height for fitting in a case, your shooting position, scope objective, and other miscellaneous variables, is the correct answer.

I vote you set up the rifle EXACTLY to fit you perfectly. (any road bikers here?)

Buy a new case if needed, but make sure everything about the rig is fit perfectly for YOU.

Or get one of these for a simple range bag (limited storage space), but it opens up nicely as a mat as well. I think it's a great value for a simple gun bag.

Reactions: Travis T
I was able to make the seekins rings work in the prone position. Just a little higher is all I need I think. I went with the NF 1.125 to try first because the seller offered free returns. If they're too low still I'll return them and go taller

Yep, I bought a set of Seekins .97 rings and now have a set of 1.26 coming today. The .97 barely worked for me, but more height is definitely needed. Now to sell the other rings 😑
Same boat maybe. .97 are working, but I can't stop wondering if a little higher would work a little better. Doubt is a bottomless pit.

I just logged into the website of the company I got these from, just to double check what height I have. I accidentally saw my sales to date total. :eek:
It's not even May and it's more than double what I did in 12 months of last year. Yikes. That momentarily put the brakes on "oh heck, lets try the higher ones". lol

Ran through 30 more rounds of cheap ball with flawless feeding and ejection. Bold bind is nearly gone as it's much smoother than before and breaking in nicely. I predict in 100 rds it'll feel like decently smooth (not there yet). Reliability has been excellent with not even a hiccup so far.

I shot three 5 round groups today using ELD-M 168gr, they were all between 0.6 and 1.0MOA. Didn't bust out the calipers because I know the HIT can do better. I shot a 4 shot cloverleaf with my other rifle using the same ammo yesterday (was disturbed before I got to the 5th shot). I don't believe it's just that the HIT rifle doesn't like this ammo, I think it's the Magpul bipod I currently have on it. The feet slip forward and overall it's just too tall. I thought eliminating the pan would improve the bipod, which it did, but overall I just dislike it tremendously. I hate the Harris, and I prefer it to the Magpul.

Will put one of my Atlas bipods on it and see what I can get out of it prone next week. Maybe try 168FGGM and see how it groups.

Starting to feel how skinny the cheek rest is. If I keep it in the long run, will put a Wiebad mini stock pad on it. (thank you accloan647)

Again, LOVE the right side folding. Still not a fan of a 90 degree bolt throw, but it's smoothing out nicely.

The bind I experienced practically disappeared if I keep downward pressure on the bolt while sliding the bolt forward. You're kinda supposed to do that anyway, but it's just weird how it binds if you don't. I put some tettra grease on the guide channel, bolt lug cams, and front of the bolt body and cycled away. I can still get it to bind but it's near butter smooth with the downward pressure.
Windy again today and supposed to be tomorrow, too. Hopefully Saturday will be a shooting day.

The bolt on our rifles are full diameter, so you need to run the bolt strait (like you should in all guns) If you push up on the handle and forward at the same time it’s not going to go strait forward because your angling the bolt body up and to the right. Downward pressure on the bolt handle isn’t as big of an issue on full diameter bolts because the bolt seats in the bottom of the bolt track where the trigger is. I’ve got allot of bolt guns here of all kinds of designs/ makes and all of them bind in different ways depending on how you run the bolt. Even same manufacture bind differently one gun to the next, so you just gotta figure out what your rifle likes :)