• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes New scope..................New questions

Rhoades

Private
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2010
MN
First let me start by saying I SUCK at geometery!

I have a new scope that will be used for varmits. I am planning on making up a very simple dope chart for it. Was thinking 25 yard increments with the amount of drop. I was alos thinking that I could put the number of clicks needed to adjust the zero for that range. For the shots that allow plenty of time to adjust as opposed to simply holding over.

Now the part that has my mind tied in knots. The adjustments on the turrets (.25 MOA on this model)shoud be the same regardless of what magnification the scope is set on correct? Or would the number of clicks needed to set the proper elevation be dependent on the magnificaton setting?

I know the mil dots are only accurate on 14x on this model.

Sorry for the basic question but Im totally confused!

Re: New scope..................New questions

Yes the turrets will adjust in the same increments at any power....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rhoades</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The adjustments on the turrets (.25 MOA on this model)shoud be the same regardless of what magnification the scope is set on correct?</div></div>

Yes.
smile.gif

Thanks for the fast answers. And thanks even more for tolerating my noob questions.

I come from more of a CQB background and I cant wait to start hitting the target from farther then across the room!