• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig CROSS

I'm far from a Sig fanboy, but you literally just complained about the accuracy right above the post where you said the accuracy was acceptable.

The Q is twice the price of the Cross and has its own issues to deal with. I came pretty close to buying one, and I will eventually. However it's still not perfect.

I said the accuracy is better, the Sig shot fine, the Q shoots better.

I paid just over $1600 for the cross with tax and shipping and I just paid $2700 for the fix. $1100 more and well worth it. Unlike the Sig you’re actually getting a rifle that is worth it’s price tag so it’s a far better value.

Not sure what issues you’re talking about with the Fix but this is the third one I’ve owned and I’ve had zero issues with any of them. I had a very early one with a factory Proof 6mm Creedmoor carbon barrel, a 16” 308, and now this 16” 6.5 Creedmoor.

I'm glad you like your Fix. I look forward to owning one some day. What I seen was mostly feeding issues, light primer strikes and while not necessarily a issue was the almost $3k rifle that comes with a $120 green mountain button rifled barrel.

If you got one of the earlier ones with a bartlein or proof. That would definitely be a plus.

I'm glad you like your Fix. I look forward to owning one some day. What I seen was mostly feeding issues, light primer strikes and while not necessarily a issue was the almost $3k rifle that comes with a $120 green mountain button rifled barrel.

If you got one of the earlier ones with a bartlein or proof. That would definitely be a plus.

I have heard others complaining about that but across 3 rifles, two of them chambered for sharp shoulder angle cartridges, there has not been an issue feeding or igniting primers. Zero. My 6mm Creedmoor didn’t feed butter smooth with the Pmags, but it fed reliably and fed like butter with KAC and Lancer mags. My 308 fed smooth from anything and this 6.5 I’ve only ran the pmag it came with and it feeds smooth AF.

No issues with light strikes either. My 6mm I even loaded CCI 450’s for which are hard and no problem.

My 308 had a Green Mountain barrel and it was 1/2MOA, I also only paid like $2300 delivered for that one from Brownells so I didn’t really care. They’re supposedly using cut rifled barrels now per their website and other things I’ve read and the price has gone up to reflect that but I’ve got no idea who’s making them now but this barrel shoots hole for hole with Barnes 127gr LRX factory ammo.

I respect your opinion that, while yours didn't, some had issues with their fix but overall it's a good system.

Same is true for the sig cross. Some had issues while others didn't, it's still a decent system.

Just pointing out that sig is a cheaper at $1,599 vs the $3,299 for the fix. I would expect some corners to be cut to get to the cheaper price.

Reactions: iodine
Some rifles just don't feel right to some people and the same rifle can be loved by others.
I am from England and I am in the second group, I love my Sig.
Over here, the Sig Cross is not that common and I think the problems that some of the first batch had put people off. Mine was produced after the recall and I am absolutely smitten. It is in 6.5CM, which is a round I also think gets bad press as it certainly stops everything I shoot with it.
I was in my local gun shop and so close to buying a Sako S20 in .308, when the owner said have you seen this. He then produced the Cross in 6.5CM and that was that!
There are three things about it I would change; the first is the trigger. There is nothing wrong with it, its very crisp, its just I prefer single stage. The second is everyone's gripe, the stock being loose in the folded position. I do really like the stock and would not change the design, just make the hinge stiffer. Number three is the shiny barrell. I am an old soldier and shiny barrells just don't feel right. I have left it as it is as I worry coating it might cause issues with heat, maybe one day.
As I always say, its just my experience and what suits me, its not for everyone and I am not saying this is what you should have.
What I can tell you as a bottom line is that I really like that weapon and reach for most of the time. In almost a year of owning it, not once has it let me down and I have never thought I should have bought the Sako.

Attachments

• IMG_20220513_230835_526~2.jpg
    IMG_20220513_230835_526~2.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_20220329_161732876~3.jpg
    IMG_20220329_161732876~3.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 217
I ordered the Arca rail from Sig, it was on sale (and may still be?) for $179. I wasn’t a buyer at $300, but I damned sure was at $179, which I thought was on the high side of reasonable.

Just got it in, this thing was definitely a good buy. It’s RRS compatible, and still very light weight. I have been bolting M-Lok arca plates on my rifles for years… this seems to be a far superior option.

Reactions: Bluedog82
I ordered the Arca rail from Sig, it was on sale (and may still be?) for $179. I wasn’t a buyer at $300, but I damned sure was at $179, which I thought was on the high side of reasonable.

Just got it in, this thing was definitely a good buy. It’s RRS compatible, and still very light weight. I have been bolting M-Lok arca plates on my rifles for years… this seems to be a far superior option.
Any idea the weight difference?

Hey everyone, bought myself a sig cross prs the other day. I was trying to install the area 419 hellfire match brake with adapter and noticed the barrel threads bottom out on the adapter, causing a gap. Scared to torque the adapter down incase it galls the threads.

Any have experience with this? What have others done? Have you just shimmed it?

Appreciate any info
View attachment 7984699View attachment 7984700
Saw this review on the PRS and he had the same issue with his barrel threads.

Anybody have muzzle velocities for 130-143 grain bullets for a 18" Sig Cross 6.5 creedmoor? Trying to find an excuse to buy another rifle for chasing white tail deer AND compete in NRL hunter's Factory class.

Hornady 143 gr Hunter 2664 fps/42 degrees Fahrenheit
Hornady 120 gr GMX 2776 fps/64 degrees Fahrenheit
Hornady 140 gr. ELDM 2542 fps/64 degrees Fahrenheit
Hornady 147 gr ELDM 2466 fps/ 66 degrees Fahrenheit

All factory ammo at about 233 feet above sea level

Sorry, don’t have access to SD and other variables right now

Reactions: AznTactical
Anybody have muzzle velocities for 130-143 grain bullets for a 18" Sig Cross 6.5 creedmoor? Trying to find an excuse to buy another rifle for chasing white tail deer AND compete in NRL hunter's Factory class.
Winchester Deer Season XP 125g 2668f/s at the barrell on my Cross.
It stops everything.

My 143 ELD-X load with RL26 makes 2650 with the 18" Cross and a YHM R2 can. It went 2750 in another rifle with a 21" barrel, so the velocity makes sense. I worked off the Speer 140gr load data with RL26.

In my 18" Cross w/Omega 300 I gathered the following data, shot across a Labradar. 55 deg, 37% humidity, 1200' elevation.
All of this is factory ammo.

S&B 140 FMJ 2455
Hornady 143 ELDX 2481
HSM 130 Sierra Gamechanger 2594
Winchester 125 Deer Season 2663

Reactions: PhilOX11
Thanks guys for the MV #'s. I was just trying to see if Cross's can get a minimum of 2923 fps with 130gr or 2714 fps with 140gr for NRL hunter with handloads before I buy one. Looks like my answer is no. I can run factory ammo but refuse to since I have so much in reloading supplies for 6.5 creedmoor already.

Thanks guys for the MV #'s. I was just trying to see if Cross's can get a minimum of 2923 fps with 130gr or 2714 fps with 140gr for NRL hunter with handloads before I buy one. Looks like my answer is no. I can run factory ammo but refuse to since I have so much in reloading supplies for 6.5 creedmoor already.
You would be really pushing it to get those velocities with an 18”, although I’m sure someone here has done it.

You would be really pushing it to get those velocities with an 18”, although I’m sure someone here has done it.
nah, I'm not really optimistic about hitting the velocities I need with my handloads to meet NRL Hunter. I did send a 130gr ELDM at 3150fps and my rifle AND brass did not like it at all. I'll have to figure out what I want to do to shoot in NRL's Factory class. Using factory is my best bet.

FWIW Berger factory in 18in factory cross barrel runs ±2,620 in 140 hyb. and ±2,720 in 130 hybrids.

nah, I'm not really optimistic about hitting the velocities I need with my handloads to meet NRL Hunter. I did send a 130gr ELDM at 3150fps and my rifle AND brass did not like it at all. I'll have to figure out what I want to do to shoot in NRL's Factory class. Using factory is my best bet.
Read the 2023 rule changes. Pretty sure there is no power factor for factory unless there is a tie.

Reactions: ma smith
Anyone out there making an aftermarket "paddle" style mag release? I love the mag release on my Christensen MPR but the release inside the trigger guard is less than desirable for me. I'd love to access the mag release from outside the tigger guard. Is anyone specializing in aftermarket goodies for these in general? My google searches haven't turned up much but I have found it is usually the mom and pop shops that make the best modified parts, at least early on.

Anyone out there making an aftermarket "paddle" style mag release? I love the mag release on my Christensen MPR but the release inside the trigger guard is less than desirable for me. I'd love to access the mag release from outside the tigger guard. Is anyone specializing in aftermarket goodies for these in general? My google searches haven't turned up much but I have found it is usually the mom and pop shops that make the best modified parts, at least early on.
1670344019289.png

Maybe try the one from the PRS version.

Looks like thus far they only have the enlarged safety and Larger Bolt knob from the PRS for sale on their site.
The paddle mag release would be great. hopefully they do sell it separate soon.

extended safety

Larger bolt knob
I ordered the larger bolt knob for my non PRS and it works just fine. I actually love the feel and it makes it much easier, especially if wearing gloves.

Thanks for posting.
Looks good, any problems with clearance on scopes or nightvision?
Wonder if we can get them over here.

I'm still missing the point of this rifle, when you can build Tikka without the problems in a chassis and CTR mags for about the same money?

The physical size is a huge selling point. If that doesn't appeal to you then it opens up a lot of other options in the price point. My folded cross with can attached fits into a discreet ar15 bag. It would fit into something much smaller without the can.

Are you talking about the PRS or the standard Cross?

I'm still missing the point of this rifle, when you can build Tikka without the problems in a chassis and CTR mags for about the same money?
There is no such thing as the perfect rifle and every shooter chooses the rifle they want based on make/model/calibre/looks/weight/etc.
I have had my Cross in 6.5CM for almost a year now and absolutely love it and it has not let me down.
I was looking at the Sako S20 in 6.5CM until I was handed a Cross and that was it. Yes it was more expensive but it is lighter, has a shorter barrel, the action is as smooth as the Sako and I prefer how it looks.
Over here it is not possible to put a new Tikka in an MDT chassis + butt, pistol grip, etc for the same money. I have built a custom rifle before so I do know.
Having owned a Cross would I buy one again, 100% yes, would I recommend one to someone who asked, again 100% yes, is it the rifle for everyone, no.

Same money, different outcome. This gun is so light and it’s size makes it very handy. Folded it’s only 26” long (308) there’s a lot of win in this package. If you love the Tikka, build one… that doesn’t mean this gun isn’t great in its own regards. Mine is fresh off the production line and has NONE of the issues of the earlier versions. I’m impressed.

Better yet, buy both!

Reactions: PhilOX11
Couple of updates as I test various bullets with the Cross and the Schnees CarbonSix 20" barrel.

I tested them at AICS mag length (2.865) with much better results. I also purchased an MDT metal mag without a plate to test the 200 grain ELDX. This allowed me to get .002 off the jamb and load past 2.9 in overall length. I had no issues feeding rounds with the mag, including the last.

So far I've had excellent results with the following using Varget and IMR 4046:
Sierra 169 HPBT Matchking. By far the most forgiving and worked over a number of charges. 10 shots, 44.5 grain charge (4064) was sub-MOA@2761fps on average, minus one flyer, with an SD of 12.4 which is a bit higher than I'd like.
Hornady 155 ELDM
Hornady 155 HPBT Match, these were sub MOA at 2.800 testing at 2.865 next

So so results with the following but good enough to hunt with...
Hornady 150gr. SST
Hornady 180gr. SST

Interesting results with the 200 ELDX. Don't really have a reason to load these rounds, way overkill for deer or hogs. I did get an SD of 0 with one charge, groups were probably an MOA but I can experiment with seating depth a bit. Not sure what I'll do with them as there are better performing bullets and I'm not shooting Cape buffalo any time soon.

Anyone with the Cross that may be using a Tango 4, have any issues with not being able to lower the elevation low enough at 100 yards? Windage is near the center of the range. The newer Tango 4s do not have a zero stop adjustment so that is not the problem. The mount is a new Alpha 2 with 0 MOA. The rail screws are tight. Short of sending the scope to SIG, any ideas?

Straight Jacket Armory originally gave a December time frame for their prefits, I want to stay around September. Did anybody preorder one and get it?

Straight Jacket Armory originally gave a December time frame for their prefits, I want to stay around September. Did anybody preorder one and get it?
I just ordered one yesterday in 22 creedmoor. Nice gentlemen said it was in stock just needed a few weeks to turn it down to profile.

I have not, but Brownells has pre fits in stock at the moment.

I must have missed it when Magpul started offering the 5 and 10 rd mags with the Sig follower. Pretty sure I had to get my spare 5 rounder directly from Sig back in the day.

Can't remember if this has been touched on before, but does anyone know what the tennon threads are on the Cross? It seems like you wind up having to reuse your extension for most of the barrels out there, so I was wondering if the Cross tennon matched something existing like savage small shank, Tikka, Rem, Howa, etc where I could just go grab some existing barrel nut type prefits to mess with?

I have Magpul rail covers and hand stop fitted to mine. I find the rail covers give me a better grip and the hand stop gives shot stability when shooting out of a high seat. I push the stop against the high seat bar for extra stability and if the bar is exposed metal, it prevents noise or scratches on the hand guard.
Did you have your gunsmith do this?