• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sig CROSS

If you remove the cover on the bottom of the stock it’s setup to mount a pic rail so you could use a rail mounted bag rider.
Thanks. Perfect. I was designing one on sketch up to 3D print. But rail is much easier.

Thanks. Perfect. I was designing one on sketch up to 3D print. But rail is much easier.
I saw this on line, and thought the rear stock rail with the mono pod option was kind of interesting. I haven’t tried a rear mono pod, how do they compare to a bag?

I saw this on line, and thought the rear stock rail with the mono pod option was kind of interesting. I haven’t tried a rear mono pod, how do they compare to a bag?

I have not used a monopod either. Suspect takes longer to micro adjust

I’ve run one on a PRS stock on my AR10. Your suspicions are correct, it’s rather slow and ponderous to get adjusted just right. It’s solid vertically once set, but IMHO a simple rear bag is much easier to use, cheaper, reliable and doesn’t add weight to the gun. If you need one checkout Wiebad or TAB gear.

I’ve run one on a PRS stock on my AR10. Your suspicions are correct, it’s rather slow and ponderous to get adjusted just right. It’s solid vertically once set, but IMHO a simple rear bag is much easier to use, cheaper, reliable and doesn’t add weight to the gun. If you need one checkout Wiebad or TAB gear.

Just looking for opinions on how they compare. I watched a video that shows angling the monopod with your support hand for fine adjustments.

So if it’s stable, I would think it could be deployed fairly quick. The negative is it does add weight to the rifle. But it can be taken off the small rail when you don’t need it. Just like you might not always want to have a bipod attached.

Just looking for opinions on how they compare. I watched a video that shows angling the monopod with your support hand for fine adjustments.

So if it’s stable, I would think it could be deployed fairly quick. The negative is it does add weight to the rifle. But it can be taken off the small rail when you don’t need it. Just like you might not always want to have a bipod attached.
Saw that video also. Challenge with taking of the bipod is the pic rail will tear up your support hand as sometimes I shoot without a bag

Squeezing a rear bag to make minor elevation adjustments will also be faster than turning/adjusting a monopod. I tried them out and never liked them. I have various sizes of rear bags depending on the application.

Well I got my rifle back yesterday, a pretty quick turnaround of under two weeks. Sig didn't seem to mind that it came back in a different chambering than it left their facility. Everything seems to be the same except I've been blessed with a douchey FREE HAT that informs everyone that I "Hunt Like A Warrior!", and there is a new hitch in the safety travel between the Safe and Kill positions, maybe a third of the way out from Safe. I'm guessing the hitch will iron back out with use and wear, but we'll see.

Reactions: alukban
no time to take the cross to range yet. But dry firing noticed a little hiccup. Let me know if you guys notice this. The trigger is a 2 stage trigger. If you adjust the pull slightly to be lighter. Try taking the trigger to the wall and then reset and then take to the wall and reset and again. It seems like it breaks easier and lighter if you reset a few times vs taking to the wall and breaking on the first attempt without resetting. thoughts?

no time to take the cross to range yet. But dry firing noticed a little hiccup. Let me know if you guys notice this. The trigger is a 2 stage trigger. If you adjust the pull slightly to be lighter. Try taking the trigger to the wall and then reset and then take to the wall and reset and again. It seems like it breaks easier and lighter if you reset a few times vs taking to the wall and breaking on the first attempt without resetting. thoughts?
Put a trigger gauge on it and see if it reads different when you pull through the first time vs come on and off the first stage. Do it each way 3-5 times to get an average

Put a trigger gauge on it and see if it reads different when you pull through the first time vs come on and off the first stage. Do it each way 3-5 times to get an average
good excuse for me to go buy a trigger gauge.

My recall turn around only took 10 days. I am in Connecticut though so it didn’t have to travel far.

My stock hinge wiggle disappeared when I got my rifle back.

Reactions: CWalker

I'm guessing that you are decreasing the engagement between the hammer and the sear every time you perform this action. Try this again, but cycle the safety every time you release the trigger.

I'm guessing that you are decreasing the engagement between the hammer and the sear every time you perform this action. Try this again, but cycle the safety every time you release the trigger.
yes. seems like that is occurring. I wonder why it does that now compared to before the recall. And I don't feel it with any other rifle I own.

yes. seems like that is occurring. I wonder why it does that now compared to before the recall. And I don't feel it with any other rifle I own.
My thought would be use a trigger gauge as suggested above, and mark the trigger adjustment screw. Measure the 1st stage a few times.

Then increase the pull weight a 1/2 turn and repeat the test. It would be good to quantify what you are feeling and if pull weight changes, identify by how much.

On my rifle with the safety off, I have about a 3 lb pull, and I don’t perceive a difference in first stage resets. I can press the trigger to the wall, reset and repeat a few times, each press is similar.

Last edited:
What’s the consensus...are these a safe buy now? I’d hate to buy one just to have to deal with more recalls and issues.

My thought would be use a trigger gauge as suggested above, and mark the trigger adjustment screw. Measure the 1st stage a few times.

Then increase the pull weight a 1/2 turn and repeat the test. It would be good to quantify what you are feeling and if pull weight changes, identify by how much.

On my rifle with the safety off, I have about a 3 lb pull, and I don’t perceive a difference in first stage resets. I can press the trigger to the wall, reset and repeat a few times, each press is similar.
Agree. I think when the pull is heavier you don’t feel the difference. I will use a trigger gauge when it comes in. But try dialing all the way low on the pull weight til you are basically single stage and dial it back up again. My guess is I’m a little shy of 2 lbs. that’s when I notice the “issue”.

Guys, got my Cross back from recall "repair". It came back with an extra detent in the safety about 30 degrees from the safe setting (which apparently is also "safe". Of course I called Sig and got mostly attitude and assurance it was by design. Wish I never sent it back, mine didn't seem to have the problem, but was specified in the recall series. Several other forum users report the same selector change. Everything else seems good. Grr.

Guys, got my Cross back from recall "repair". It came back with an extra detent in the safety about 30 degrees from the safe setting (which apparently is also "safe". Of course I called Sig and got mostly attitude and assurance it was by design. Wish I never sent it back, mine didn't seem to have the problem, but was specified in the recall series. Several other forum users report the same selector change. Everything else seems good. Grr.
A bunch of us confirmed this a few pages back. Mine has worn in over the past month, too.

But it’s fixed! Shoot it a couple of times and you won’t notice the safety.

No problem. If you find someone that has one, try it out. But I would just stick to bags.

Well I went to the range this morning to try a little hotter load with RL16 and the 140 gr Berger hybrids. Found that 41.5 gave me the best groups, at 42.0 they opened up some. I did those with a bag, because that’s how I did prior groups.

I ended up buying the mono pod, and tried it on steel targets 600-1000 yards. I was shooting from a bench, and it felt stable. Where I shoot, the targets from 700 yards out are on a hill at 12 degrees.

You have to extend the bipod legs out and have to readjust for each distance. I found angling the mono pod like a video suggested, made it easy to transition between targets and make fine height adjustments.

I wouldn’t use it when shooting from soft or less stable surfaces. But it worked well for the way I used it today. I just missed with my first round at 1k off the right edge, a light 2-3 mph wind came up. But my second shot was a sold hit on one of the smaller steel plates, so I was happy.

Last edited:
Well I went to the range this morning to try a little hotter load with RL16 and the 140 gr Berger hybrids. Found that 41.5 gave me the best groups, at 42.0 they opened up some. I did those with a bag, because that’s how I did prior groups.

I ended up buying the mono pod, and tried it on steel targets 600-1000 yards. I was shooting from a bench, and it felt stable. Where I shoot, the targets from 700 yards out are on a hill at 12 degrees.

You have to extend the bipod legs out and have to readjust for each distance. I found angling the mono pod like a video suggested, made it easy to transition between targets and make fine height adjustments.

I wouldn’t use it when shooting from soft or less stable surfaces. But it worked well for the way I used it today. I just missed with my first round at 1k off the right edge, a light 2-3 mph wind came up. But my second shot was a sold hit on one of the smaller steel plates, so I was happy.
I just finished load development for my cross and ended with 41.5gr H4350 behind lapua 139 scenars, .020 off the lands. 5 shot group measured .35" at 100yds.

That was shot off bipod and rear bag.

I just finished load development for my cross and ended with 41.5gr H4350 behind lapua 139 scenars, .020 off the lands. 5 shot group measured .35" at 100yds.

That was shot off bipod and rear bag.
Finished my load development with 168gr .SMK in 308, also .020 off the lands, as I can’t get any more with the pmag. Bit of wind drift but gonna call it good. Very happy with the way this rifle shoots. Off a bipod and rear bag, as well.

Attachments

• CCC6F58F-1209-405B-8164-52C36C3E3AE8.jpeg
    CCC6F58F-1209-405B-8164-52C36C3E3AE8.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: Ed123hawaii
Finished my load development with 168gr .SMK in 308, also .020 off the lands, as I can’t get any more with the pmag. Bit of wind drift but gonna call it good. Very happy with the way this rifle shoots. Off a bipod and rear bag, as well.
Yeah I would call that good lol..

As much as I was frustrated with the recall, these rifles can f'ng shoot.

Screenshot_20210516-195339_Range Buddy.jpg

Reactions: Ed123hawaii
Just picked up a cross in 6.5. Please keep the load data coming! Hopefully using h4350 and 143eldxs anyone having good results with this combo. My tikka likes 41.5

Reactions: Drhorsepower
Looks really good. I finally was able to pick up a couple more lbs of H4350 myself, so next range trip I’ll try that same load with my Berger’s.
Which bergers? I just picked up 1000 140 hybrid projectiles and will be doing load development after my pdog hunt next month.

Which bergers? I just picked up 1000 140 hybrid projectiles and will be doing load development after my pdog hunt next month.
4AB8C33D-D1D2-4763-AE6B-BE58AA106843.jpeg

Both RL16 and H4350 are pretty good powders for 6.5 CM. I have gone to a BTO of 2.178”, so they still feed reliably from our Cross magazine. That is a COAL around 2.870-2.875” inches.

My best three shot group with 41.5 gr of RL16 was clover leaf about .5”. I went to Alliant when I couldn’t find any H4350 locally. If your going to try different powder loads, I would suggest staying between 41.5 and 42.5 grains.

View attachment 7627628
Both RL16 and H4350 are pretty good powders for 6.5 CM. I have gone to a BTO of 2.178”, so they still feed reliably from our Cross magazine. That is a COAL around 2.870-2.875” inches.

My best three shot group with 41.5 gr of RL16 was clover leaf about .5”. I went to Alliant when I couldn’t find any H4350 locally. If your going to try different powder loads, I would suggest staying between 41.5 and 42.5 grains.
did you happen to chrono that load?

did you happen to chrono that load?
Unfortunately no, but I believe my velocities are in line with what reported in post #1233.

Numbers (not mine) that I saw posted for the Cross running the 140 gr Berger’s and RL16 are:

42.5 gr = 2688
42.0 gr = 2643
41.5 gr = 2600

I used the jbmballistics calculator and accounting for the target being at 1020 yards (range finder) with a 12 deg incline, I dialed 9.7 mils of elevation. Working that backwards, I get a velocity of 2600 fps (as shown below).
37B86AFB-1557-4374-A9A8-8D3C4B641B4C.gif
A101D94A-F942-4831-A197-E9E4E7B9211E.gif

Last edited:
What are some of the upgrades and/or wishlist items that people want to have as features for their Cross rifles?

On mine, I’ve only added sling adapter, 419 arca rail, and a vertical ergo grip.

Aftermarket Wish List
  • Carbon handguard
  • Prefit barrels/bolt heads
  • Non-plastic cheek riser
  • Built in ARCA rail handguard

What are some of the upgrades and/or wishlist items that people want to have as features for their Cross rifles?

On mine, I’ve only added sling adapter, 419 arca rail, and a vertical ergo grip.

Aftermarket Wish List
  • Carbon handguard
  • Prefit barrels/bolt heads
  • Non-plastic cheek riser
  • Built in ARCA rail handguard
Post up a photo of your cross with those accessories. I am interested to see how it looks with the arca and vert grip

And I agree on all your wishlist.

Can you change the grip? Or only with sig?
I added 419 arca rail also
Agree plastic cheek rest is terrible.

Post up a photo of your cross with those accessories. I am interested to see how it looks with the arca and vert grip

And I agree on all your wishlist.
Will do later tonight/tomorrow.
Can you change the grip? Or only with sig?
I added 419 arca rail also
Agree plastic cheek rest is terrible.
Any AR grip will work.

Reactions: Usmcsomerville
The barrels use a barrel extension, so they are pretty well all pre fit. Dave Tooley has posted his barrels and pricing before, I'll attach a copy. It was 6 months ago so with the world the way it is, prices may have changed. I'm with you on the different bolt heads, I'm ready to start swapping barrels just for fun, especially if I find a good ammo deal.

Sig Cross Tooley Barrels.png

So a serious question. Has anybody else experienced the stock collapsing during shooting? I sold my Cross for this and a variety of other reasons but I still really like the platform. However, I was at a practical rifle class last week and one guy had a Cross. He ended up getting his scope into the bridge of his nose when the stock collapsed on him. Others in the class thought he must not have tightened the screw. I extended the stock and used vice grips to ensure it was tight. I then hit the back of the stock with my right hand and it slipped down to its shortest position.

So I've now had my hands on 2 Cross rifles and both couldn't hold the length of pull under recoil. Anybody else?

Last edited:
So a serious question. Has anybody else experienced the stock collapsing during shooting? I sold my Cross for this and a variety of other reasons but I still really like the platform. However, I was at a practical rifle class last week and one guy had a Cross. He ended up getting his scope into the bridge of his nose when the scope collapsed on him. Others in the class thought he must not have tightened the screw. I extended the stock and used vice grips to ensure it was tight. I then hit the back of the stock with my right hand and it slipped down to its shortest position.

So I've now had my hands on 2 Cross rifles and both couldn't hold the length of pull under recoil. Anybody else?

Mine hasn't budged, either in use or the few times I bounced it off the floor to test after reading one (maybe your?) account of stock collapse.