• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New sniper rifle ideas

tikkamike

Private
Minuteman
May 10, 2011
Basin Wyoming
www.jmpumpshop.com
I'm wanting to build a sniper rifle. So have a few questions. I'm not sure what caliber to do but I'm thinking 7.62 would be good. I'd like to have something with knock down power but not so long It can't be used for close quarters combat (clearing rooms etc) I want to be able to work my way up to being proficient at sniping at 1000+ yards. I for sure want a hinged sniper stock for ease of transportation. And a bipod. Which bipod is best for sniping from the prone and or sitting position? Next I'd like a trigger that is easy to operate with tactical gloves. Lastly the scope... What scope is best for tactical situations? It needs to have exposed sniper knobs for sure and the tactical flip up caps. Lastly who makes the best sniping ammo? Thanks in advance for any recommendations and btw I have $7500 cash to build this so I need to stay in that budget

Get the new AI AT 308 folder. Rest of your money can be used for quality scope, rings, bipod, rear bag and ammo. Seems like you should spend a few months reading the Scope and Bolt Action Rifle section here to become more knowledgeable about your true needs!

Don't forget to spec-out your ammo-feeding mechanism, i.e., DBM for engaging multiple tangos or internal box for a low profile. Do you do your sniping at lone targets that you've stalked or are you shooting into crowds?

I don't think I would want to clear a room with a bolt action, spend $500 of that on a .45 Glock.

Don't forget to spec-out your ammo-feeding mechanism, i.e., DBM for engaging multiple tangos or internal box for a low profile. Do you do your sniping at lone targets that you've stalked or are you shooting into crowds?

This is my question as well. Its going to be hard to get solid advice without a little more clarity on this question.

getting popcorn...

Don't forget to spec-out your popcorn-popping mechanism, i.e., kettle for old-fashioned, evenly-popped but slightly burnt goodness, or microwave for, um, irradiated-ness. Do you do your snacking with lone guests that you've stalked or are you sharing your munchies with crowds?

Last edited:
I'm wanting to build a SPACE SHUTTLE. So have a few questions. I'm not sure what PROPULSION to do but I'm thinking WARP-DRIVE would be good. I'd like to have something with LIGHT-SPEED CAPABILITY but not so long It can't be used for TIME-TRAVEL (BACK-TO-THE-FUTURE etc) I want to be able to work my way up to being proficient at INTER-GALACTIC TRAVEL at 1000+ LIGHT-YEARS. I for sure want a hinged ROBOT ARM for ease of ROBOT-ARMING THINGS. And a SPACE SEX-SLAVE. Which SPACE SEX-SLAVE is best for SPACE SEX from the prone (SPACE-MISSIONARY) and or sitting (SPACE-COWBOY/GIRL AND/OR REVERSE SPACE-COWBOY/GIRL) position? Next I'd like a PARTICLE-BEAM ACCELERATOR that is easy to operate with tactical SPACE gloves. Lastly the SPACE SEX-SLAVE... What SPACE SEX-SLAVE is best for tactical SPACE SEX situations? It needs to have exposed SPACE SEX-SLAVE knobs for sure and the tactical SPACE SEX-SLAVE flip up caps. Lastly who makes the best LIGHT-SPEED CAPABLE SPACE SHUTTLE WARP-DRIVE FUEL? Thanks in advance for any recommendations and btw I have $750,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 cash to build this so I need to stay in that budget

Fixed it. Or am I being a total dick?

Last edited:
New sniper rifle ideas

Don't forget to spec-out your popcorn-popping mechanism, i.e., kettle for old-fashioned, evenly-popped but slightly burnt goodness, or microwave for, um, irradiated-ness. Do you do your snacking with lone guests that you've stalked or are you sharing your munchies with crowds?

While being low drag Microwave popcorn tends to to suffer excessive SD. The kernels tend to be very inconsistent and fall to the smaller side. I like the going old school and with jiffy pop. The pan can utilized as a plate in your vest in case you come into contact with Tangos wielding NERF weapons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Good point Yankee. If I were the OP Id call Tac Rifles and have them throw a counter sniper scope on top of their SOCOM spec'ed M40A9. So secret nobody other than true operators have ever even heard of it.

Priceless...and you just cost me an air popper.

absolutely CANNOT be a mall cop. Basin,Wy is 3+ hrs from nearest mall....oh wait....maybe he helicopters to work????

Here ya go.
1966763_1440724509497109_206488862_n_zpsb84c76d0.jpg

People that use the word "sniper" even once in a civilian setting (referring to a rifle, optic or any other kit) will never and should never get a serious response.

I just hang my head when people throw out that word....

Questions like this is a good reminder of why parents should put blocks on their Internet until their nerdy kids get out of high school.

Excellent question! In my opinion the best choice to fit your tactical needs would be the Powerline 5880 from Daisy. This exceptional tactical sniping sniper rifle shoots .177 caliber projectiles at speeds up to a whopping 800 feet per second and produces enough energy to knock down any action figure in North America. The scope that is provided with this remarkable weapon has exceptionally tall sniper style sniping turret adjustable knobs that are a breakthrough design in innovation that actually allow you to adjust for both elevation and windage. No need to worry about ammunition for your startup as this package provides a 500 round box. With this purchase you have everything you need other than camouflage clothing and face paint to get out in the woods to practice your tactical applications. I heard rumors that these can sometimes be aqcuired at your local Walmart in the sporting goods section without the need of any paperwork to the ATF.

I'm wanting to build a SPACE SHUTTLE. So have a few questions. I'm not sure what PROPULSION to do but I'm thinking WARP-DRIVE would be good. I'd like to have something with LIGHT-SPEED CAPABILITY but not so long It can't be used for TIME-TRAVEL (BACK-TO-THE-FUTURE etc) I want to be able to work my way up to being proficient at INTER-GALACTIC TRAVEL at 1000+ LIGHT-YEARS. I for sure want a hinged ROBOT ARM for ease of ROBOT-ARMING THINGS. And a SPACE SEX-SLAVE. Which SPACE SEX-SLAVE is best for SPACE SEX from the prone (SPACE-MISSIONARY) and or sitting (SPACE-COWBOY/GIRL AND/OR REVERSE SPACE-COWBOY/GIRL) position? Next I'd like a PARTICLE-BEAM ACCELERATOR that is easy to operate with tactical SPACE gloves. Lastly the SPACE SEX-SLAVE... What SPACE SEX-SLAVE is best for tactical SPACE SEX situations? It needs to have exposed SPACE SEX-SLAVE knobs for sure and the tactical SPACE SEX-SLAVE flip up caps. Lastly who makes the best LIGHT-SPEED CAPABLE SPACE SHUTTLE WARP-DRIVE FUEL? Thanks in advance for any recommendations and btw I have $750,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 cash to build this so I need to stay in that budget

Fixed it. Or am I being a total dick?

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

Actually I am with F.A.R.T (Fast Action Response Team) I respond anywhere in the state so I need a good sniping set up.

Dude, please just research here yourself, you will never get a genuine and realistic response if you continue to ask questions like these.

Get the new AI AT 308 folder. Rest of your money can be used for quality scope, rings, bipod, rear bag and ammo. Seems like you should spend a few months reading the Scope and Bolt Action Rifle section here to become more knowledgeable about your true needs!

Or just go KAC with your Tac . . . .

M-110

Actually I am with F.A.R.T (Fast Action Response Team) I respond anywhere in the state so I need a good sniping set up.

At least you have a sense of humor Tikkaman. This thread is full of typical responses for questions such as the one you posted. If you are genuinely interested, please do a bit of light research, which will both answer some of your basic questions and help you to understand the terms you have bandied about here. Once this has been done, please post your question again, but worded correctly and more thoroughly thought out. We will try to give you a more helpful answer. The Hide and the folks who inhabit it are generally good people who don't make a habit of picking on new guys. However when you come into our corner of the internet with "exposed sniper knobs for sure and the tactical flip up caps" and "sniping ammo," we are obligated to have a little fun. Welcome to the Hide.
Learn from thine mistakes, and you too can one day be a productive member of this community.

The Hide and the folks who inhabit it are generally good people who don't make a habit of picking on new guys. However when you come into our corner of the internet with "exposed sniper knobs for sure and the tactical flip up caps" and "sniping ammo," we are obligated to have a little fun.

22 of the 36 replies have been from people who haven't been a member as long as he has. I'm not sure who is having the fun.

I would suggest a laser gun. It negates the need for a long barrel or adjusting for elevation and wind as light is not effected by wind and only slightly effected by gravity. This would allow you to engage targets at range or in close quarters combat. There is however, the risk of fires if you use the laser gun indoors. They aren't available to the general public, but I'd imagine someone with fart team connections could acquire one easily.

22 of the 36 replies have been from people who haven't been a member as long as he has. I'm not sure who is having the fun.

and we have a winner! Mr. Edds has cracked the code. I am surprised nobody from LRH.com busted me over here because I use the same name on both. I was actually hoping more people would jump on the band wagon and make "sniper suggestions" It was still a good laugh.. especially the impalla eating popcorn and the " do you shoot into crowds ?" comment

I knew it had to be a joke when you posted the F.A.R.T. deal

and we have a winner! Mr. Edds has cracked the code. I am surprised nobody from LRH.com busted me over here because I use the same name on both. I was actually hoping more people would jump on the band wagon and make "sniper suggestions" It was still a good laugh.. especially the impalla eating popcorn and the " do you shoot into crowds ?" comment

I was just about to bust you but you beat me to it; well played.

Mike is an experienced & proficient shooter. Like most of us, he likes to screw with people.

t

Well played sir... well played. Damn, I was hoping you would consider my Diasy BB gun suggestion too.

I'm wanting to build a sniper rifle. So have a few questions. I'm not sure what caliber to do but I'm thinking 7.62 would be good. I'd like to have something with knock down power but not so long It can't be used for close quarters combat (clearing rooms etc) I want to be able to work my way up to being proficient at sniping at 1000+ yards. I for sure want a hinged sniper stock for ease of transportation. And a bipod. Which bipod is best for sniping from the prone and or sitting position? Next I'd like a trigger that is easy to operate with tactical gloves. Lastly the scope... What scope is best for tactical situations? It needs to have exposed sniper knobs for sure and the tactical flip up caps. Lastly who makes the best sniping ammo? Thanks in advance for any recommendations and btw I have $7500 cash to build this so I need to stay in that budget

Cannot tell if this is a serious post.

(yes I can)

Last edited: