• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Surgeon RLR Action

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
<span style="text-decoration: underline">I am putting a Custom rifle together: <span style="font-style: italic">.300 Win. Mag.</span></span>
Mcmillan A-5 stock
Badger Ordnance bottom metal
Nightforce Optic
Badger USMC Rings
Krieger MTU barrel
Badger Ordnance FTE muzzle brake
Custom Paint
Tune trigger (or new one havnt decided)
Badger Titanium Recoil lug
Surgeon Rifles K.M.W. bolt knob
Harris Bi-pod w/ Pod loc

I am looking for a new action for it instead of having my old L/A trued and totally gone over. I seen Surgeon makes a RLR action for around $750.00. for everything. Has anyone had one of these. I dont know how I could go wrong with Surgeon either way.

Re: New Surgeon RLR Action

i built my 308 around the RSR. i have several stillers, a lawton, a bat, and a borden among others. for a tactical or hunting rifle i will buy the RSR from now on. they are amazing for the price. their machining is spot on which you will see when you install the rail. AMAZING machining brilliance! i will guarantee you to be satisfied with the SURGEON.

chuck

Yea, saw the RSR but the OP was saying he was building a 300wm so I was thinking a brand new action from Surgeon.

LongRange30,

Definitely go with the RLR. It is fresh off the press but all the details have been long ago worked out with their other actions. Just a matter of stretching the middle specs.

Super straight, one piece bolt, anti-jam ridge in the left raceway and top notch customer service.

With the wired raceways and being finish machined after heat treat, the Surgeon will feel the same after 100,000 rds as it did after your first 100.

Terry