• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New to 6XC, need die reviews!

CleanMoostang

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2010
Eastern KY
I will not be neck turning, or at least I do not plan to. When available, I will be stocking up on Norma brass. I have seen great reviews on Forster, Redding, and Tubbs dies on other forums but wanted some reviews from you guys.

The price is the only thing so far steering me away from Tubbs.

This is the only rifle I have that is 6XC, and I am the only one using a 6XC out of the people I shoot with so I dont have to worry about brass being traded accidentally, so should I go neck size or FL?

Also for a seater, do I need micro adjustments or standard? Which basic seater doesnt have run out issues?

I would not waste my money on a micro adjust top, otherwise, the Reddings should be just fine, that's what Tubbs are. Foresters be Rockin' too.

I had a set of Tubbs dies and sold them. I've both a competition and a std set of Redding dies ready and waiting for the rifle to appear. I might get myself a custom full length resizing die once I have some twice fired brass. Regards JCS

I want my rounds to feed as if they had eyes.

I just neck sized my 6 Creed brass that's been fired 5 times and they feed like what a factory round would, course I had to bump the shoulder back, but they feed great.
7xsBRhf.jpg

I just neck sized my 6 Creed brass that's been fired 5 times and they feed like what a factory round would, course I had to bump the shoulder back, but they feed great.
7xsBRhf.jpg

Go Whidden and never look back, I have two sets of their dies. But it all depends on the priority of the weapon. If the weapon is my go to, whidden for sure, otherwise if it is an occasional shooter, I go with whatever I can find cheapest.

I went with a Redding F/L bushing die and a Forester ultra seating die. They both work great for making straight accurate ammo.

BnC

Congrats on the 6XC! I recently switched over and it's my favorite comp round by far. I used the Tubb dies and really like them. I shoot Norma brass with 115 BN DTACs and it's a laser. That round will spoil you... I wish I'd made the leap much earlier.

Really only simple reasons...

When I look at the total sheets from local matches, they are always a high scoring round, along with the 6x47l, 6CM, 6.5, 6x284, etc. But I also know someone with any round can have a good, or bad, day and be anywhere on the charts. Im not a competition winning shooter, so I dont plan to be up there with them, but if they can do it with that caliber, it must be working.

I like being unique. Not many people in my area, or surrounding, know anything about 6mm rifles. Especially when you start talking about 6XC, 6CM, 6.5's, etc., so I know with the local people I shoot with, I dont have to worry about anyone picking up my brass, grabbing my ammo, me grabbing someone elses, and everyone will want to know more about the gun once they see it. (Shooting the bull is just as fun to me as shooting the gun, I love a good conversation with someone sharing the same hobby).

Ive always shot heavy bullets, 168-175gr, while they are not heavy compared to 200+gr I am interested in checking out a smaller 105-107gr with a high BC.

In the long run, I could have chose the xc, 6cm, or any other caliber and been just as excited because its something new and my first actual competition build versus my pawn shop SPS Tactical .308 that really didn't even compete in the races.

BTW, I went with custom Hornady dies(FL&NS) for my 6Creed, a cousin to the XC. They're awesome.