• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

New to me Savage 10fp

Matt3357

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2011
St. Louis Metro East
Hello,

A while back I posted asking about a savage 10fp or if I should build a rifle up from a 200 action. Well my answer was made for me when I was at a gun show this morning. I came across a barely used 10fp in 308W with the b&c medalist stock, a set of knockoff badger rings, and a mueller tactical scope. The scope is not much to write home about but the price out the door was about $650. The guy was selling it on consignment and needed money for a new baby and new house. This is the exact rifle I was going to build or buy and almost couldn't get my wallet out of my pocket fast enough to pay for it. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

Matt

Re: New to me Savage 10fp

Sounds good man, congrats. Mine shoots better than 1/2 moa with a 175 SMK @ ~2800fps with 45.5 Varget in a Lapua case with a CCI BR2 primer. Stiff load, work up.

Of course, report back to us on how she does.

Sounds like a great rifle....I had that same rifle a few years back...shot great! had to sell it right away cause I needed the money...never got more than 100 rounds out of her.

That's awesome. There is nothing else like a buying a gun on a Saturday.
grin.gif

I wouldn't count that Mueller out just yet, bud. They have a solid reputation for the price point they're at.

Welcome to the Hide!! And welcome to the wonderful world of the barrelnut!!

DK

Nice rifle you have, nowgo shoot the snot out of it. I have stock fp10 and hope to dosome mods myself.

Congrat's on the purchase. Now, enjoy shooting it as much as you can!
laugh.gif

if you need help bedding, there is a great thread with step by step instructions in smithing. a lift kit and some polishing has been known to help the bolt get smoother and feel better upon lifting it. if you need help just ask