• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes New Trijicon AccuPower 4.5-30x56

Dear Guys,

I own a Delta Stryker HD in 0.05 MRAD DLS1 - which is basically same scope like the Trijicon twin (although there are some differences).

I had the pleasure to meet in person one of the two owners of Delta Optical,and I undertook to test it and popularize amongst our local F-Class crowd (where NF and March rule...) . Will continue to meet with Delta management to give them unbiased feedback on improving Stryker HD and better addressing F-Class/ELR needs....

I am still heavily testing it, first month of use observations:

- truly excellent,bright glass, does not get dark towards end of zoom,nice color rendition/resoluton
- FANTASTIC reticle,one of best ever designed ,thin,excellent vivid 0.2 mil hash marks,not cluttered
- I wish they make FFP version,but can live with SFP as reticle represents full mils value @40x magnificaltion
- went across all ranges from 100-1000 meters,tracks ok returns to zero,need to make full ladder tests
- yes it has a zero stop but tricky to set!
- negatives - bit mushy turrets tactical style (like Sigs you need to lift to turn)
- absolutely detest the parallax regulation - feel, they need to seriously work on this - there is almost a full turn from 10m to 300m (looks as if it was designed for Field Target airgun application not Long Range), and between 300m/infinity there is like 2mm movement of the turret,it is extremely difficult to focus between 300-600-800-1000 meters - that is the biggest drawback of the scope and it HAS to be improved for it to enter long lange crowd
- center dot is small and VERY crisp, nicely distanced from the rest of reticle , with enough space around it for you to pinpoint it in the middle of target and have a clear,unobstructed view of target (an individual must for me)
- the difference with Trijicon is that ONLY the center dot is illuminated (great for ELR not so much for PRS/tactical)
- the illumination is red only with many levels,top ones visible in full sunlight (bit of glare at top settings)
- Delta does not supply it with flip caps,only yellow glass bikini (useless) and sun shade
- beautifully designed packaging box gives you the feel of a prime product sitting inside,good manuals
- 10 year warranty (not sure if it applies in the US)
- good price tag,around 1000$ less than similiar targeted NF/March scopes (but at level of NF Comp where I feel Stryker is a clear winner re end of zoom clarity and illumination,and NF Comp is ONLY offered in MOA)

As it is Delta's and Trijicon first serious attempt at LR glass, shows a solid approach,lots of work and good thinking went into reticle,good glass is used,zooms well with included lever (nice touch) - but definitely parallax focusing needs to be improved - who in ELR needs a full turn from 10yards to 100?

Please remember I am testing the fine 0.05 MRAD version with full 5 MRAD single turret turn – which differs slightly from the 0.1 MRAD and .125MOA ones in terms of turret setup/look/clicks value .

I personally find the 0.05 mils values easy to compute at ANY distance and fine enough for LR sighting in – almost comparable to 1/8 MOA. F-Class vast majority is MOA and they will be very pleased with the .125 MOA version, while 0.1 MRAD one I would only recommend to typical tactical/PRS/AR use as the click values are way too big for fine long range work.

Finally,one of the biggest advantages of the scope is range of elevation – 100 MOA ! Wow, say goodbye to canted rails and mounts,even with lower powered rifles you should be able to cover all distances 100-1400 yards… BIG plus! Higher powered rifles need ca 21-24 MOA elevation 300-1000meters (say ca 6.3 MRAD) so we are all covered! I tested tracking in match conditions 300-1000 m and it was spot on,with exact return to zero set. Big scope names offer 50-60 MOA elevation and cannot cover 100-1400m span .

Will also order the Trijicon twin and test it in December,and come back with "comparative study" feedback - wish Trijicon would also seek and ask for pro feedback from our crowd same way Delta did.

Hope it helps you make a more informed decision when choosing a scope - I own 13 top end scopes and I decided on Delta Stryker to find an alternative to top dollar NF and March hegemony... hope you understand... :)

Regards! And feel free to ask me questions about the scope!
Piotr

Last edited:
Reactions: The DFC and Alarka
Mounted my scope and I just could not seem to get the cross hairs to level. I went to our range master, a retired Army Sniper today. We used two different level sets and could not get them to level. We finally determined that the reticle is slanting down to the left,

When I got home, I dismounted the scope and sat the flat part of the main body on top of a level. Once completely level, I then placed a level on top of the elevation turret and leveled that. When I looked thru the scope, the cross hairs were definitely leaning to the left....and not by a little!

When I leveled the crosshairs by eye, the level was bubble up all the way to one end.

Since I bought the scope back in June, I now have to return it to Trijicon...oh well. They have been good to me in the past, hope they remain so now. I have no reason to believe they won't continue with their excellent customer service.

I am VERY disappointed in this scope's failure because I bought it based 100% on Trijicon reputation and my experience with them.

Reactions: Alarka
I hate to hear that, I really like my accupower 5-50x56 with several hundred rounds through it so far. I guarantee trijicon will take care of you. I have talked to them on the phone alot and I have no doubt they will stand behind it. Also sucks that's your first good long range scope and you run into this problem. Keep us updated.

Reactions: Sainte70
Mounted my scope and I just could not seem to get the cross hairs to level. I went to our range master, a retired Army Sniper today. We used two different level sets and could not get them to level. We finally determined that the reticle is slanting down to the left,

When I got home, I dismounted the scope and sat the flat part of the main body on top of a level. Once completely level, I then placed a level on top of the elevation turret and leveled that. When I looked thru the scope, the cross hairs were definitely leaning to the left....and not by a little!

When I leveled the crosshairs by eye, the level was bubble up all the way to one end.

Since I bought the scope back in June, I now have to return it to Trijicon...oh well. They have been good to me in the past, hope they remain so now. I have no reason to believe they won't continue with their excellent customer service.

I am VERY disappointed in this scope's failure because I bought it based 100% on Trijicon reputation and my experience with them.
Did you try leveling the reticle to a plumb line? I would allign the reticle to a plumb line and do a tracking test before sending it to Trijicon.

Did you try leveling the reticle to a plumb line? I would allign the reticle to a plumb line and do a tracking test before sending it to Trijicon.

No I did not try that. Was actually going to put a laser level on a wall and verify but, after using several level sets, I figured it’s fubar.

i was able to send mine out yesterday. 2-4 week turn around is what I was told. I still trust Trijicon so I am good with it. They have been good to me in the past.

Trijicon received my scope today for repairs, eval'd it and are sending a new one out. Super fast service, I really appreciate their company for things like that.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Trijicon received my scope today for repairs, eval'd it and are sending a new one out. Super fast service, I really appreciate their company for things like that.

Well thats good news! I cant believe your first one was jacked up, how in the world did it pass inspection lol. I have talked to the fella named Kevin quite a bit about my 5-50x56, really nice people. Glad they took care of you! I knew they would!

I have one on it's way going on my ARC 6.5 CM.
20181122_121255.jpg

Haha!
This morning I thought about including in my original post that you might have a hard time telling your wife that it’s more important that 25 strangers online get your scope review than tackling the honey-do list.

Haha!
This morning I thought about including in my original post that you might have a hard time telling your wife that it’s more important that 25 strangers online get your scope review than tackling the honey-do list.

And I was just informed tomorrow is Christmas shopping......I told her Amazon.....I will now be sleeping with one eye open...behind a locked door.

Reactions: Kane0519
I've been considering this scope for a 300wm LRS/hunting rifle. The biggest draw for me is that it's probably the most reliable scope with a low enough and high enough power magnification that's in my price range. I've had an Accupoint on my old SKS and Sig556R that gave me zero trouble, and an RMR on a previous EDC rig. Given an infinite budget, I would probably go for a Nightforce, but my experiences with Trijicon gear in the past makes me think it'll get by all the same for my needs. I'd really like to see a dual illuminated tritium and LED version like some of the ACOGs, but I probably wouldn't be able to afford it then. A Killflash accessory option wouldn't hurt my feelings either, but I think the sunshade is probably long enough to make it not matter so much for hunting— and between the two I'd rather have the shade.

Stinks to hear the windage turrets are mushy, though. As long as they index accurately I suppose it's not a huge deal.

I've been considering this scope for a 300wm LRS/hunting rifle. The biggest draw for me is that it's probably the most reliable scope with a low enough and high enough power magnification that's in my price range. I've had an Accupoint on my old SKS and Sig556R that gave me zero trouble, and an RMR on a previous EDC rig. Given an infinite budget, I would probably go for a Nightforce, but my experiences with Trijicon gear in the past makes me think it'll get by all the same for my needs. I'd really like to see a dual illuminated tritium and LED version like some of the ACOGs, but I probably wouldn't be able to afford it then. A Killflash accessory option wouldn't hurt my feelings either, but I think the sunshade is probably long enough to make it not matter so much for hunting— and between the two I'd rather have the shade.

Stinks to hear the windage turrets are mushy, though. As long as they index accurately I suppose it's not a huge deal.
Go for it. I've had mine for a few months on a 6.5CM semi and couldn't be happier. Yes the windage is mushy but the rest of the scope makes up for it. After zeroing I don't touch the windage on any scope so for me it doesn't really matter. YMMV

Agreed, do it! I've got one mounted on a 6.5 Creed JP and it's done everything I've asked it to do except read wind for me ;) I have a 2nd one coming for the trainer rifle.

Agreed, do it! I've got one mounted on a 6.5 Creed JP and it's done everything I've asked it to do except read wind for me ;) I have a 2nd one coming for the trainer rifle.

I am thinking seriously of buying a second one to replace the Vortex 4-16 on my LWRC 308. If I go that route, I am debating wether to get a 10 moa mount or stay with a 0 moa mount. I am not sure if the 18” barrel on the Ar-10 is going to have the legs to need a 20 moa.

Reactions: Zorrosdens
How would you say the Trijicon compares to the Steiner tx5? At least in Canada they’re pretty close in price.

How would you say the Trijicon compares to the Steiner tx5? At least in Canada they’re pretty close in price.

No idea personally. This is my first foray into the world of scopes and I am pretty pleased with my choice. For me the Trijicon reticle is awesome and seems to take a lot of the guess work out of the “hold over” equation. Not knocking the Steiner, I just have no experience with scopes at all to judge.

I’m looking forward to some additional feedback on this...will likely research elsewhere too. I don’t have much in the way of long range glass at the moment, and most of that is of the ~1000 USD variety. This might prove a good entry point into slightly higher end, more capable glass. Substantially less than the big dogs, but still seems capable.

To be fair, I’ve been looking for an excuse to buy another Trijicon for a minute. I got my ACOG in 2005 and beat the living hell out of it on my duty rifle. Scratched, dented, chipped fiber, soaked, sandy, blown up (multiple times) - never lost zero, never fogged, kept on chugging. I passed it on to my Dad a couple years back to help get him into the AR game. He likes things a certain way, so he sent it in for refurb. Trijicon replaced all the damaged components, refilled the tritium, refinished the exterior and swapped in a new QD mount and sent it back...for free.

I’m looking forward to some additional feedback on this...will likely research elsewhere too. I don’t have much in the way of long range glass at the moment, and most of that is of the ~1000 USD variety. This might prove a good entry point into slightly higher end, more capable glass. Substantially less than the big dogs, but still seems capable.

To be fair, I’ve been looking for an excuse to buy another Trijicon for a minute. I got my ACOG in 2005 and beat the living hell out of it on my duty rifle. Scratched, dented, chipped fiber, soaked, sandy, blown up (multiple times) - never lost zero, never fogged, kept on chugging. I passed it on to my Dad a couple years back to help get him into the AR game. He likes things a certain way, so he sent it in for refurb. Trijicon replaced all the damaged components, refilled the tritium, refinished the exterior and swapped in a new QD mount and sent it back...for free.

They are an awesome company

I'm still in love with my 5-50x56. These scopes are truly amazing. I would like to sell my leupold vx-6 7-42x56 and buy another one lol
do those still come with the fiber optic band? i dont think the 4.5-30 does... I may be wrong though, just couldnt tell it from the website.

I got to try my new AccuPower 4.5-30x56 (FFP, MRAD model) out a bit over the last week and a half. Yesterday I used it for our club's monthly match. I also used it for a couple practice and training sessions last weekend. I like the scope a lot - it tracked solidly, I love the reticle, and the ED glass is really, really nice. I'll post a more detailed review in the next couple days, but I am really digging this Trijicon and can't wait to run it some more.

@dbradley91 - the scope does not come with a fiber optic band. The illumination is powered by one CR2032 battery.

Reactions: Kane0519
What reticle are you guys using on your 5-50x...MOA or MRAD? The moa reticle is around one half as thick as the mrad... any one compare the 2 reticles?
Thanks

What reticle are you guys using on your 5-50x...MOA or MRAD? The moa reticle is around one half as thick as the mrad... any one compare the 2 reticles?
Thanks

I have the Delta version of this scope and use their MRAD reticle.

At SHOT last week, I went and looked at the Trijicon versions of the 4.5-30x56 and 5-50x56 (I have two 4.5-30x56 and one 5-50x56 Delta Strykers) and they look very similar to my Deltas.

The reticle in the 4.5-30x56 Accupower looks better in person than on paper, although I still think Delta reticle is a little better, but that is very much a personal preference. My second Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30x56 has locking turrets which is a version that is about to go on sale. They are a little taller than the non-locking ones, but still manageable. The locking method looks to be the same as on EOTech 5-25x50.

ILya

Thanks
My accupower 5-50x56 has the moa reticle. I'm seriously thinking about buying another one lol. My dad has the sightron SVSSED that just came out and to be honest I think the glass in the trijicon is a little brighter, dont get me wrong the sightron is CLEAR, but I think the trijicon glass is better but not by much. I like the fine and course adjustment on the sightron, the turrets on the trijicon are a little more positive and precise feeling.

Reactions: Earnhardt
Can you guys post a pic of your 5-50x reticles, if you get a chance?

I can't find an actual reticle pic for the 5-50 X any where...and no I'm not looking for the illustrated reticles that Trijicon has on their website

Thanks

Last edited:

Thanks I have not seen any through scope pics of the reticle yet and the pic on the Trijicon website doesn't show much. I'm seeing now though that it is a .06 dot with not much daylight around it if the reticle is in fact like the website.

Thanks I was trying to find a through the scope picture. So I have one in my Optics Planet cart right now for $1556.72. Is this a sweet deal?
For FFP model? Yes, I think so.

Man a great scope ruined by a bad retc. Just letting you know its a huge nuisance in real life. Sig did the same crap. Half mil main and .2 tree. Lame-oh.

Anyone compare this to the Sig Tango6 yet? Would like to see a side by side.

Looks like @koshkin is going to have to do a 30x comparison
Sig 5-30
Trij 5-30
Delta 5-30
USO 5-30
Luppy Mk5 5-30
Vortex Gen2 3-27
Bushy 4.5-30
XTR3 5-30

That would be BA.

Thanks!
DT

Thanks I was trying to find a through the scope picture. So I have one in my Optics Planet cart right now for $1556.72. Is this a sweet deal?
How did you get it that low? I don’t see a sale or coupon code.

Man a great scope ruined by a bad retc. Just letting you know its a huge nuisance in real life. Sig did the same crap. Half mil main and .2 tree. Lame-oh.

Sig 5-30
Trij 5-30
Delta 5-30
USO 5-30
Luppy Mk5 5-30
Vortex Gen2 3-27
Bushy 4.5-30
XTR3 5-30

That would be BA.

Thanks!
DT

I am planning on doing that, althgouh I do not know if I will be able to get my hands on all of those.

ILya

I am planning on doing that, althgouh I do not know if I will be able to get my hands on all of those.

ILya

ILya, I am pretty sure you're local to me. I would lend you my Trijicon 4.5-30x56 (FFP MRAD) for comparison/evaluation - it's for a good cause after all!

I'm interested in this optic still. I'm a big time Trijicon hondo.

Thanks. We'll chross that bridge when we get there. The timing of that test depends on when XTR3 is available.

ILya
...and I'll be happy to loan a Tango6 5-30, as long as the test doesn't conflict with my prairie dog hunt. Shoot me a PM when/if you want to move forward. :)

Sig 5-30
Trij 5-30
Delta 5-30
USO 5-30
Luppy Mk5 5-30
Vortex Gen2 3-27
Bushy 4.5-30
XTR3 5-30

That would be BA.

Thanks!
DT
Reticles are a personal taste thing, but I’m curious what you’d rather have seen. Looks like a pretty solid reticle to me.

I will say that for the life of me, I will never understand a main windage line with .5 marks and a tree with .2 mil windage marks. I would imagine that the vast, vast amount of shooters who want .2 mil windage on the tree also want .2 on the main line.

I know the Trijicon has a small sample size, but would this scope be a better option than the athlon Cronus btr?