• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

(New) Ultimatum DeFacto action (Tikka T3) Barreled action+trigger deal

wouldnt it be nice if every action used the same tenon spec?

Now you have me dreaming of a world where barrels are mostly all the same, like how the action world has mostly adopted the 700 action footprint. Too bad it ain't possible with all the bolt head variations out there.

If this is correct then they should have made the tenon spec work with the Bighorn Shouldered Prefits and it would have been a home run! If they are using those threads anyways, why not make it work with one of the “Savage Thread” shouldered prefits that are out there?

Yeah, that info was straight from Ultimatum.

Yeah, that info was straight from Ultimatum.
plenty of 'savage thread' actions that dont have the same tenon

ultimatum, zermatt, ARC.

all 1.0625x20tpi but dont sue the same tenon. even within the company different actions dont

plenty of 'savage thread' actions that dont have the same tenon

ultimatum, zermatt, ARC.

all 1.0625x20tpi but dont sue the same tenon. even within the company different actions dont

Correct, but my point was since using that thread if they would have made the tenon match one of the prefits available it would have made this that much better. Or kept it with the Tikka tenon. I know same thread doesn’t mean same tenon, but now you have an action that reportedly can’t use barrel nut style prefits, and doesn’t match any shouldered prefits, it just limits the options. Still a great deal, but for targeting entry level PRS shooters a prefit option would be really a home run.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
I preordered a .223 barreled action, I’ll give some feedback on when it gets delivered. They had experience with another action I have, and if it holds true to what they told me, it should be pretty good.

Very interested in your feedback. I’m in the market for a new 223

Was really considering either the Ultimatum or the Mack Brothers as likely options for a new build...
hope to hear more about them

Looks like this Ultimatum DeFacto and the Mack Bros should both be coming out to market at the same time...perfect timing imho to almost directly compete with each other tho bet it isnt planned obviously...look forward to seeing these builds once they are out👌

-Reagan

Reactions: never_summer
Been eagerly waiting for the Defacto to come out and see what feedback is like. I noticed on the website that they have now announced an end of July release. Guess the waiting continues...

Where does it say that? Last time I was quoted end of June. If I didn’t have a tikka footprint stock I might have changed my mind by now haha. Atleast I can swap out the trigger for a two stage triggertech now

Where does it say that? Last time I was quoted end of June. If I didn’t have a tikka footprint stock I might have changed my mind by now haha. Atleast I can swap out the trigger for a two stage triggertech now

1592591183549.png

wouldnt it be nice if they are delayed because they are reconfiguring them to run prefits (tikka,savage or remage)

Reactions: Chargerguy
Man they are keeping that little note low-key and not even putting out a news letter or anything. The prefits part would be pretty awesome

Man they are keeping that little note low-key and not even putting out a news letter or anything. The prefits part would be pretty awesome
I have been checking the website pretty much every other day waiting for an update and finally noticed that last night. Seems the rifle industry has a serious problem with meeting timelines...

A little birdy told me that they are giving people 20% off a Triggertech trigger of your choice.

Mcmillan, Manners and KRG will have inlets.

They are hoping to be shipping at the end of June (as of April 24th)

Personally i hope they use T3 or savage small shank barrels.

When did you pre-order yours? This almost like nfa stuff
I haven't preordered yet, just weighing my options. I'm trying to sell one of my hunting customs to fund a new chassis project and have been looking at one of the ultimatums as they are a pretty good deal to buy direct from as a Canadian. I would have preordered already, had I not just bought my wife a 6 creed gun and if they had a lefty version for preorders. It seems like such a good deal that I'm even considering getting a right hand version despite being a lefty. The one thing I want in my next custom is to be able to have a nice switch barrel set up and I'm not sure the defacto fits that quite as well as the deadline. Would also be nice to know a little more info on barrel fits. The Terminus Zeus would be my first choice, but the Ultimatum is so much better a deal up here.

I have been checking the website pretty much every other day waiting for an update and finally noticed that last night. Seems the rifle industry has a serious problem with meeting timelines...

yeah, not like we’re in the middle of an imaginary global pandemic that wreaks havoc on supply chains and robs you of your workforce or anything. The audacity!

yeah, not like we’re in the middle of an imaginary global pandemic that wreaks havoc on supply chains and robs you of your workforce or anything. The audacity!
Are you going to pretend that it isn't something that has gone on well before COVID? Pretty sure this release was announced before covid and not even one defacto has left the door. I also talked to someone at ultimatum and it sounds like end of July isn't likely either. At the end of the day, the delays only cost them as there are plenty of other options out there.

Any updates on the Defacto? Pre-orders are still accepted. Anyone receive a barreled action yet?

Reactions: Redvanes
Im very interested to hear feedback about the DeFacto (barreled) action. I will not buy until I get some positive news that it's good to go. One thing, I read about 4 years ago they had multiple "bad" reviews on the deadline action and recently they seemed to have addressed these issues and more and had very positive reviews. That's good news to me that since the DeFacto is new, I'm (hopefully) assuming they worked alot of the bugs outta their products.

Im very interested to hear feedback about the DeFacto (barreled) action. I will not buy until I get some positive news that it's good to go. One thing, I read about 4 years ago they had multiple "bad" reviews on the deadline action and recently they seemed to have addressed these issues and more and had very positive reviews. That's good news to me that since the DeFacto is new, I'm (hopefully) assuming they worked alot of the bugs outta their products.
the deadline worked out most of those kinks. still hate the trigger hanger though

No defacto a have shipped yet, as far as I know. Unless they strated mailing them out this week

What scares me is the deal seems too good to be true because of these reasons - I'm a little skeptical that they have been taking deposits and NO (known) deliveries as of yet and the deal is a great deal. Other companies in the past have had great deals, taken deposits to try to keep them afloat and then they disappear or we never hear from them again. I'm NOT saying that Ultimatum is doing this, but certainly makes me skeptical. There seems to be orders from members here at least 6 months old and no deliveries yet? If you order one now on their website it says deliveries for end of Feb/March.....how is this possible when orders 6+ months ago aren't fullfilled.?

Now also to consider is they are most likely a very small company and absolutely burried in making their products and replying to phone calls and emails. We shall see. I can say that I've reached out to KRG many times via email and phone and they are really prompt on getting back to me.

Last edited:
I've tried reaching out to these guys numerous times via phone and email over the last 3 weeks, they just don't reply. Im OUT, gonna spend my money somewhere else on a new barreled action.
That's strange, they have always been really responsive for me. That being said, the wait time on the defacto was getting really long so I had canceled and instead picked up a blemish Deadline on Black Friday. It will be the second deadline I have, with the one I picked up being a second Gen, which is a really nice action.

So I tried again today and no answer. So I left a message stating I would like to cancel my preorder. With in 10m I received a email saying my order had been cancelled. So they are around and checking their voice mail, but I don't get what game they are playing at not responding to customer question by phone or email...I kind of feel bad cancelling if they are just super focused on getting these out the door, but at the same time its kinda of shady keeping customers in the dark.

So I tried again today and no answer. So I left a message stating I would like to cancel my preorder. With in 10m I received a email saying my order had been cancelled. So they are around and checking their voice mail, but I don't get what game they are playing at not responding to customer question by phone or email...I kind of feel bad cancelling if they are just super focused on getting these out the door, but at the same time its kinda of shady keeping customers in the dark.
Thanks for the input. Sorry you had to cancel, but I don't blame you! I'm sure they are busy, however, there's absolutely NO excuse for a business to be that out of touch with it's customers and potential new customers. I'm really "bummed" of this situation because I really was interested in buying their barreled actions, that excitement has faded.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stoweit
Does anyone know if the Defacto bolt knob is interchangeable with the AI style swept back version like the T3X is?

Haha. Yeah, I emailed them. Just figured I would ask here as well. Worried it would take a minute to get response.

i was looking for the video i saw of the defacto at the shot show it was debuted and couldn't find it. has it been scrubbed off the net?

What scares me is the deal seems too good to be true because of these reasons - I'm a little skeptical that they have been taking deposits and NO (known) deliveries as of yet and the deal is a great deal. Other companies in the past have had great deals, taken deposits to try to keep them afloat and then they disappear or we never hear from them again.

Do people not understand by now that pre-orders are nothing but customer-supplied 0 percent financing for the manufacturer?

Honestly

I think prior to Covid this would have been a non-issue

You all here in the US underestimate how other countries are acting around this stuff.

We have individual states with Repub Governors doing what they want, in those countries they get arrested for being in public without a mask, when they say lockdown, it's not an option.

I seriously don't think they ever did anything to "worry" me and I was happy to pay for a Defacto and Deuce up front at SHOT, and to this point in time, I have never sent a single note asking WTF. But am realist and not a douchebag who thinks I am more important than really am... those guys are probably out of work sweating everyday of this shit, I'm not.

Should they have contacted us, or be here posting updates, sure, but I get it, shit sucks and they may have collapsed in a pile of we have no answers until the government says okay ... can't fault them, but sure drop a note.

Reactions: DesartDweller
Honestly

I think prior to Covid this would have been a non-issue

You all here in the US underestimate how other countries are acting around this stuff.

We have individual states with Repub Governors doing what they want, in those countries they get arrested for being in public without a mask, when they say lockdown, it's not an option.

I seriously don't think they ever did anything to "worry" me and I was happy to pay for a Defacto and Deuce up front at SHOT, and to this point in time, I have never sent a single note asking WTF. But am realist and not a douchebag who thinks I am more important than really am... those guys are probably out of work sweating everyday of this shit, I'm not.

Should they have contacted us, or be here posting updates, sure, but I get it, shit sucks and they may have collapsed in a pile of we have no answers until the government says okay ... can't fault them, but sure drop a note.
As a canadian I don't buy that. It seems most other canadian firearm community companies, like Mdt, IBI, pgwdti all have been putting out product with only minor delays at the peak lock down. If they were shut down, then no biggie. The problem I had with ultimatum was that they would give optimistic updates, like "we just need to nitrite and assemble should be 4 weeks". Then 4 weeks later they delay for another 2 months, then they stop responding to any inquiries. No indication they were not working. It wouldn't take much for a little transparency, if they would have done that I would still have my deposit in. I want them to put out the defacto and I want them to do relay well, but the way they handled this made my money find a new home.

Great,

No do the rest of the industry

try buying Ammo

try buying a gun

We are in a huge crush right now, the entire industry is feeling the crunch, we have students trying to cancel classes because of NO AMMO, tell Federal to not worry about protocols and move on down the road making more ammo, fuck the .gov types.

I am sure those other companies are 10x bigger too, how many people work there, I saw two at SHOT in a tiny booth.

Maybe your right Frank,

Maybe they just are to small to keep up any sort of production and keep the people updated. Iam glad there are people like you that can keep your deposit in and help them keep afloat. Maybe Ill drop them a line and see if there is anyway I can help keep there customers up to date.

A mass email to their customer list explaining the situation would go a long way in relieving some of the stress. Having $500 tied up in a deposit with a company that stops communicating gives people the heeby geebies for good reason. No one wants to get done in like the situation with all the people who had orders with Hudson MFG when they shit the bed. I think most people will be understanding about the continued delays given the current climate, but a little email update now and again is a reasonable expectation.

Maybe if enough people cancel, Bob and Jim can catch up.

I was really hoping my next action would be one of these or an Ultimatum.

Time will tell, I'll keep my money for now. Or maybe I'll splurge on the Archimedes. I can have one of those in weeks and Ted answer's emails personally and promptly.
how is this even possible?

I know right. I've never actually shot one. Fingered one in LGS, wasn't impressed.

FWIW, when I sent an email requesting a refund for the Deuce I had on preorder, they were very prompt with a reply and refund.