• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

(New) Ultimatum DeFacto action (Tikka T3) Barreled action+trigger deal

FWIW, when I sent an email requesting a refund for the Deuce I had on preorder, they were very prompt with a reply and refund.
Same with me. No response to email or phone calls asking for updates after another blown launch date, but as soon as I mentioned refund, then all of the sudden then are responding. ?? Weird business model.

I'm just going to be blunt.

There is absolutely no reason and no excuse to not communicate to the people who have lent you their fucking money, interest free, to prop up your business.

It doesn't matter how bad or good the news are, staying silent is NOT AN ACCEPTABLE OPTION.

And before anyone decides to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, manufacturing is my business and customer relations is probably 70% of my job.

I'm just going to be blunt.

There is absolutely no reason and no excuse to not communicate to the people who have lent you their fucking money, interest free, to prop up your business.

It doesn't matter how bad or good the news are, staying silent is NOT AN ACCEPTABLE OPTION.

And before anyone decides to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, manufacturing is my business and customer relations is probably 70% of my job.
whats the other 30?

• Haha
Reactions: jakelly
This
A mass email to their customer list explaining the situation would go a long way in relieving some of the stress. Having $500 tied up in a deposit with a company that stops communicating gives people the heeby geebies for good reason. No one wants to get done in like the situation with all the people who had orders with Hudson MFG when they shit the bed. I think most people will be understanding about the continued delays given the current climate, but a little email update now and again is a reasonable expectation.
This is what I’m looking for. I am willing to wait but that patience is dwindling because of the lack of information. A mass email once in a while with a status update would at least keep everyone in the loop and allow people to make a decision on if it’s worth the wait.

Maybe your right Frank,

Maybe they just are to small to keep up any sort of production and keep the people updated. Iam glad there are people like you that can keep your deposit in and help them keep afloat. Maybe Ill drop them a line and see if there is anyway I can help keep there customers up to date.
So this is what I got back from them.

"Thank you for your email!

Yeah, we are very short staffed, and neck deep in work here at the shop and office, so the social media updates have definitely taken a back seat in terms of priority.

We are just running into delays with manufacturing, as we keep finding things we don't like during testing with the pre-production prototype, which means revisions to the models, and shuffling stuff around in the production queue to slot the new part in.

That being said, that is behind us now and the main delay right now is just slotting space on the machine for production.

Kind regards,"

So this is what I got back from them.

"Thank you for your email!

Yeah, we are very short staffed, and neck deep in work here at the shop and office, so the social media updates have definitely taken a back seat in terms of priority.

We are just running into delays with manufacturing, as we keep finding things we don't like during testing with the pre-production prototype, which means revisions to the models, and shuffling stuff around in the production queue to slot the new part in.

That being said, that is behind us now and the main delay right now is just slotting space on the machine for production.

Kind regards,"
So that means that they haven’t even ironed out production specs

So that means that they haven’t even ironed out production specs
Sounds like they have the final version of the action completed but they are producing multiple models of actions and only have one wire edm or turning center

As a canadian I don't buy that. It seems most other canadian firearm community companies, like Mdt, IBI, pgwdti all have been putting out product with only minor delays at the peak lock down. If they were shut down, then no biggie. The problem I had with ultimatum was that they would give optimistic updates, like "we just need to nitrite and assemble should be 4 weeks". Then 4 weeks later they delay for another 2 months, then they stop responding to any inquiries. No indication they were not working. It wouldn't take much for a little transparency, if they would have done that I would still have my deposit in. I want them to put out the defacto and I want them to do relay well, but the way they handled this made my money find a new home.
ABSOLUTELY 100% agree with you. Most of us are reasonable people, BUT a company must keep their customers informed of changes, problems or even production delays. Especially when they post products on their IG and FB pages but can't take the time to update their customers via their website??? FAIL!!!!

Their website STILL says on the Defacto action page "NEW" ETA, Feb 2021

Last edited:
Reactions: DanUSMC
I had stumbled upon these actions and was curious about them. Once I stumbled upon this thread tho, my mind has been changed.

Solid concept, poor execution. Considering its been over a year. I would not be holding my breath. May revisit this after some actually make it into the wild.

Still no updates to the website. And multiple emails with no response. Might be time to consider a refund. I really don’t want to do that but the lack of communication is about to drive me insane.

Reactions: C_Does
Meanwhile theyre still posting new content on Instagram. You might try contacting them on there.

Say in the email that their failure to respond to you is an obvious sign of racism and transphobia, and as black trans teen woman you will not remain silent, and that you're writing to Trudeau in order to report their oppressive behavior. You'll have that barreled action at your LGS in 2 days.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I've seen this before and it's not a good sign.

Reactions: DanUSMC
THE machine? They only have one?
I wouldn't hesitate to buy an action from a shop that had only one lathe, one mill, and one wire edm. But that shop should have a good idea of their production capacity and avoid over extending. Although Ultimatum has had to revise their due date several times, thats really not the big problem. The worst thing is that they are late on delivery and have gone silent. They wont even put out a mass update. Its a questionable practice. Maybe their side of the story has some explanatory power. I'd be open to hear it.

If one wants a Tikka barreled action for 1000 bucks, it's still probably best to do it the old fashioned way: buy a CTR and throw the shitty stock away like everyone else does.

• Haha
Reactions: Sniperwannabee
Just so everyone knows. Got this today.
AF822379-DB05-4E24-ACA5-94788D0B39DC.png

Yea. And I told them I am willing to wait and that was all I was really looking for was communication. Hopefully they will update their website and try to keep us all in the loop going forward.

I know the Deadline actions /barreled actions have been out for a little while, has anyone ordered these and received them?

Yea. And I told them I am willing to wait and that was all I was really looking for was communication. Hopefully they will update their website and try to keep us all in the loop going forward.

If you got a refund and put that money in the bank.......you would make approx. $0.0199 interest while you're waiting :)

Just kidding. I hope they get it figured out asap.

Just curious,

Has anyone ever gotten theirs? I had told my friend about it(first precision gun), and he preordered one and then jumped ship last June. Now I see on their insta they are running a sale, and I see they have the de facto listed on their website with no mention of details or that it’s a preorder or not

Holy fuck nuggets. I had forgotten all about this action. This bitch still hasn't dropped? Maybe they had to start from scratch after the deadlines were breaking all over the place. If I recall, there was a problem with the steel?? Either way. Hope yall get your actions.

• Haha
Reactions: HousePlant
Holy fuck nuggets. I had forgotten all about this action. This bitch still hasn't dropped? Maybe they had to start from scratch after the deadlines were breaking all over the place. If I recall, there was a problem with the steel?? Either way. Hope yall get your actions.

Maybe it has?

Has a buy it now button. I was wondering the same thing

Ultimatum posted on their Instagram that the Defacto will ship in a couple of weeks. I'm cautiously optimistic! Interested to hear some feedback on this action.

Anybody heard back from ultimatum about anything lately?
I have a couple deadline bolt heads that i thought i purchased about 3 weeks ago. There was no indication that they were not in stock. No shipping updates, no replies from Ultimatum via emails, facebook, and nobody answering the phone when i have tried.

Has anyone heard of someone getting their rifle? I haven’t seen any info out there. I’m so glad I canceled my order.

Not sure what type of deal it was but IBI barrels is now in control of Ultimatum. Seems like they are filling any existing orders that they can, and then also selling off bare actions as they become available. Not taking any new orders for products that they dont have in hand.
Theres new contact info on the ultimatum site to ryan the ibi guy.

I just received notification that my 2 preordered barreled actions (6.5cm &223) will be shipping next week!
Talk about a wait!
That’s good news!! Hopefully it’s not a turd! I’m glad but also a little sad I canceled mine. Will be interesting to hear how they perform.

That’s good news!! Hopefully it’s not a turd! I’m glad but also a little sad I canceled mine. Will be interesting to hear how they perform.
Initial preorder pricing stacked with a Black Friday discount and I couldn’t walk away.
Glad it’s finally moving forward.
Ryan Steacy has provided awesome communication since they let me know about my status

A few marks from shipping. They would have benefited from more than 1 layer of bubble wrap in the box together.
Interesting marks in the recoil lug on both actions, I have no doubt they won’t affect function, just curious.
The 6.5CM bolt was in the fired position, making it impossible to insert into the rifle. Easily remedied but a novice would probably be a bit lost.
Now for the 10 day wait in California…
FE921C61-73AF-42B4-9A6C-77ED10A0E264.jpeg
6B3EB6C3-44AE-484B-993B-A61C7108E9C6.jpeg
D43828A1-455C-4F4C-9FFA-02C72820E2A3.jpeg
E1A7647D-EA14-41EF-9915-0AF723C40E37.jpeg

Attachments

• 4607A727-41DF-4AD7-A0C0-2348C0EF35C0.jpeg
    4607A727-41DF-4AD7-A0C0-2348C0EF35C0.jpeg
    321.6 KB · Views: 144
I picked up my 223 defacto two days ago. It's pretty sweet so far. I've got a couple things to do to make everything work with the x-ray, but nothing too out of the ordinary I'd say. I'll try to update once I get it all worked out.
IMG_20220718_143916433.jpg