• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes new Vortex to be released... looks like a new Razor line

Ring

Rifle Instructor
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2009
Medina, Ohio
sites.google.com
no details that i see yet..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...06208390757.180932.94830825757&type=1&theater

1486185_10152025336395758_1825831427_o.jpg

Dang.

I'm in the midst of buying a used Razor... haha.

4-16x Razor?? Maybe options of SFP and FFP? $1500-1800

Haha. All just gueses.

Looks like a bushnell HDMR. Id settle for a 2.5-10x32 in SFP and their EBR-2B reticle in the PST line.

4-16 or 3-18 razor would be good for me. I don't even need illumination if it keep the price down.

Nice to see a more proportionally heightened elevation knob. Based on that pic, I'm liking the more compact scope length(reminds me to the Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x50).

yep i'll buy one whatever it is, lol. i'm sure i can find something to put it on. would make my 7th razor

I saw this on Facebook too.
I concur that it looks like Vortex's take on the HDMR.
I really like the lower profile turrets. That is the only complaint I have with my PST.

I can't wait to see the specs.

Kind of reminds me of Premier Heritage scopes. Maybe a 5-25? That would be awesome if under or at $2K with a 34mm tube hopefully.

if its a compact 20'ish power scope, it will be fun to watch the mass sale of all the old razors at rock bottom prices.

if its a compact 20'ish power scope, it will be fun to watch the mass sale of all the old razors at rock bottom prices.

And when a 10mil model goes up for sale for a grand I'll pick one up. The extra weight on my 300wm would be nice.

I'm gonna guess that ita a 3-15x. I like my 5-20 but its lije having a bat mounted. Like to see a more compact optic

It's not going to be a 5 by 20

the RAZR is already a 5 by 20 it would be retarded to come out with the same things in a smaller package

it has to be different power range most likely less but, could be a 25 power

And I doubt it's going to be a SFP, who wants a tactical scope in a single focal plane?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

No. Some scopes have stops that actually keep you from going a full rotation on your windage knob.
Maybe that knob on the side of the vortex above is how you set the zero zero or a locking ring.

A locking windage turret is a good idea though.

I fiddled with several of their scopes about 4 months ago, a couple razors and the pst's. They were ok but nothing special, their razor is decent. I think the company is trying to be to many things to too many people (they keep producing all those different lines). They would do better to work on better glass and clearer and more precise reticles. I guess when you are trying to please the masses you need very low to medium price points. I'd like to see them concentrate on 2 or 3 lines only then give them a couple of years to perfect them.

Ive never even heard of a windage stop on a scope. How would that even work, do you order it and say "My range runs north/south, and the wind always blows from the west"

It simply keeps the windage turret from spinning more than a half-turn in either direction, which makes it impossible to get off by a full turn. In the case of something like a S-B PMII, that's 6 mils of windage in either direction.

It simply keeps the windage turret from spinning more than a half-turn in either direction, which makes it impossible to get off by a full turn. In the case of something like a S-B PMII, that's 6 mils of windage in either direction.

That wouldn't be so bad, By windage stop I thought folks were referring to a PST/RZR style zero stop on the windage knob which is not a real bright idea.

If this is indeed a 3-18x, FFP, with say an H59 reticle, 34mm tube and illum I would probably sell my current Leupold MK6 3-18x. The price would have to be at 2k though not much more.
I sold my Razor 1-6x HD to buy the Leupy, I think the glass in that 1-6x was just as good as the one in my Leupy and I really liked the 1-6x. Just needed to sell to put the $ towards an optic with more mag. Wish I could have kept it to put on one of my 5 new builds I have going on this year.

I think its going to be a 5-25 power. Vortex has kinda made their mark by offering bang for buck packages at rates well below the premium stuff. By offering a compact 5-25 they would snap up a lot of business eying the S&B/NF/Kahles stuff. Keep the price at 2k or so with zero stop and illumination and people start asking themselves if the glass is really 1500 bucks better in the competition's offerings. Let's face it, when warranty and durability are concerned most agree nobody has anything on Vortex. So it really comes down to glass, which is subjective anyway.

I think it's the ATACR killer. Looks like it just a different color. If it's $2000 while the ATACR is $2328 and everything is equal, goodbye NF. The current Razor HD will drop down to $1600 and now they'll have two very nice scopes that sits above the NXS line, one equals the ATACR line and gives the $3k line of all the others a run for their money.

I will either be replacing all my Razor 5-20's with the potentially new 5-25....or if they're 3-12/15/18 I WILL be getting one, possibly two. I continue to feel that they are the best bang for you buck if quality glass is very important.

Regardless of what the new scope is, I really hope they go to 34 mm tubes vs. 35mm. Not that a 35mm tube affects function, but I'd really like to go with the direct-mount Spuhr for my TRG-42 and that's not a possibility with a 35mm Razor HD 5-20...

I have the details and it's AWESOME! I can't wait...

Look forward to details. Add me to the list of people who'd like to see these scopes in black, vs. the Stealth Shadow Black which doesn't match with anything.

Some specs on the scopes for people. There are two but the 4.5-27x56 is pictured. This is all the info I have so don't ask me for more LOL If I find out more I will post it.

3-18x50- approx $2299 MAP
4.5-27x56- $2499 MAP - pictured
10 mil rev elevation w/ rotation indicator on knob
Over 100 MOA of travel
locking turrets (both turrets) Pop up
Windage is 6-7mils each way
34mm tubes
Both FFP

MTC as an aftermarket option

Last edited:
Some specs on the scopes for people. There are two but the 4.5-27x56 is pictured. This is all the info I have so don't ask me for more LOL If I find out more I will post it.

3-18x50- approx $2299
4.5-27x56- $2499- pictured
Over 100 MOA of travel
34mm tubes
Both FFP

Good... Now if Scott looks on here I can blame you for spilling the details. There's a new reticle option coming as well :)

Last edited:

3-18x50- approx $2299
4.5-27x56- $2499- pictured
Over 100 MOA of travel
34mm tubes
Both FFP

Thats a 4.5 x27 on top of that Mcmillan chassis? If so damn I want for $2500.

Where do you think I got the info? ;)

Yes 30cal that's the 4.5-27.

Scott is shooting a match this weekend and out of the office but I am sure he will get us more info when he can.

No its a 34mm tube and prices are MAP.

Last edited:
Interested in the available reticles and the size of the crosshairs, dots, or whatever it has. 6x mag has possibility of having thick reticle at top end or really thin at low end.