• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New X-Ray Chassis from KRG-now shipping!

Yay! I got the e mail and placed my order!

Like above said, now I got to figure out my duracoat colors.

The more I look at a replacement for my 700 the more i look back here. Really excited to see a great company putting a solid, functional, adjustable and very affordable product on the market. Cheers gentlemen, i will be patiently waiting for the long action flavor to hit the streets

Thanks for the kind words fellas and for your orders.

Just a heads up, intro pricing will be ending on 30April so if you would like a chassis, now is the time to get on the wait list. The wait is pretty short at this point, likely under a month for either version in black.
Thank you,
Justin

I gotta say, I got on the list a week or two ago, but I've sent quite a few emails with questions. You guys have taken the time to answer every question I've had and that's top notch customer service in my book. Thanks again, KRG!

Plus, I think you guys are just up the interstate from me in Colorado, or at least have a 720 number, so I get to support the locals.

I have mine in the mail. I can't wait for it to get here. This is my first chassis upgrade on a rifle and I'm going to drop a timney tigger in at the samer time. I plan to do all the work myself so any tips would be great. I also need to run out and get some AI mags, cause as soon as I get it dropped in I need to go shoot.

Thanks for the kind words fellas and for your orders.

Just a heads up, intro pricing will be ending on 30April so if you would like a chassis, now is the time to get on the wait list. The wait is pretty short at this point, likely under a month for either version in black.
Thank you,
Justin

How much is it supposed to increase?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey fellas,
We used to be located in CO, just north of Denver. We moved out to Idaho this time last year but kept the same numbers. Trigger Time in Longmont should have a demo X-ray for anyone who is close and wants to look at it in person. They'll have more coming to sell later on.

The final price for the X-ray will be $589 Rem 700SA and $599 Tikka.

Thanks,
Justin

Gentlemen,
As promised here's the final word on the X-ray for the Savage and Howa. We could not get them to work, unfortunately. We tried but it was actually the trigger/safety setup that made it impossible, the way they do the action screws also makes it very difficult (the Savage that is). We are considering some options like a Savage specific chassis that was different in some ways than the W3 but it would be some time before it was released (i.e. next year). Sorry for the bad news guys, we tried but it just didn't work out. Thanks,
Justin

Since I am still 2-4 weeks from getting my email, here's where my thoughts have gone:

To spigot, or not to spigot?

Other than the obvious stuff on the KRG website, can anyone give me some pros and cons to the spigot?

Thanks KRG for the tracking info!
U5jvLSE.png

Since I am still 2-4 weeks from getting my email, here's where my thoughts have gone:

To spigot, or not to spigot?

Other than the obvious stuff on the KRG website, can anyone give me some pros and cons to the spigot?

I have the spigot so I can have a NV mounting option and use the flush cups. I also like the bipod to be as far forward as possible but I recently repainted my action/barrel and took it off. It is a bit lighter without the spigot, still just as sturdy but you lose the mounting point options. The spigot is short money and mounts in 5 min so if you don't like it I am sure you can flip to for what you paid but I love mine and its going back on.

Sully

Attachments

• 20140405_180807-1_resized.jpg
    20140405_180807-1_resized.jpg
    783.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 20140413_181714_resized.jpg
    20140413_181714_resized.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
I have the spigot so I can have a NV mounting option and use the flush cups. I also like the bipod to be as far forward as possible but I recently repainted my action/barrel and took it off. It is a bit lighter without the spigot, still just as sturdy but you lose the mounting point options. The spigot is short money and mounts in 5 min so if you don't like it I am sure you can flip to for what you paid but I love mine and its going back on.

Sully

I was hoping you'd reply. How easy is it to install a Harris? I'd hope it's just a matter of moving the stud from the stock to the spigot and attaching the bipod.

I was hoping you'd reply. How easy is it to install a Harris? I'd hope it's just a matter of moving the stud from the stock to the spigot and attaching the bipod.

I attached two photos of the top and bottom view, so as you can see very easy.

Sully

Attachments

• 20140424_144717_resized.jpg
    20140424_144717_resized.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20140424_144725_resized.jpg
    20140424_144725_resized.jpg
    630.3 KB · Views: 17
I have now answered the question of the X-Ray durability. Over the last few months I have been putting it into heavy use, not line up on the range in the prone, I'm talking using it for training and call outs. We had a call out today for a barricade suspect in a 2nd floor complex. Without getting too deep I was forced to climb the SWAT ladder to get onto the top floor of the adjacent store. On the way up the team member holding the ladder (climbing 101- YOU MUST ALWAYS HAVE A TEAM MEMBER SECURE THE LADDER BECAUSE THE SKINNY POS WILL SLIP!!) well he decided to poke around the corner when I was 1/2 way up, or about 12'. Of course the ladder slipped and I had to do my best spider drop but landed on my Gunslinger II with KRG in the saddle. I landed pack first directly on the rifle in such a way that it was at a barrel down angle putting a ton of stress in the but stock area. I weigh 180 pounds, no gear, throw on body armor, vest, kit etc. I am more like 220, so 220 pounds from 12-15' onto the back 1/3 or the stock.

Bottom line, ZERO damage to the stock. Not even a blip! The scope handled the drop as well so the March is now drop tested as well. I do not recommend conducting similar testing, as it is a bit painful, but this stock is GTG IMHO for any tactical application.

Sully

I attached two photos of the top and bottom view, so as you can see very easy.

Sully

Maybe I am just being dense today - it's been a long day at work. I'm assuming one or more of the smaller holes support the install of a standard sling stud for the Harris to clamp to? Mine isn't a picatinny-mounting model.

I have now answered the question of the X-Ray durability. Over the last few months I have been putting it into heavy use, not line up on the range in the prone, I'm talking using it for training and call outs. We had a call out today for a barricade suspect in a 2nd floor complex. Without getting too deep I was forced to climb the SWAT ladder to get onto the top floor of the adjacent store. On the way up the team member holding the ladder (climbing 101- YOU MUST ALWAYS HAVE A TEAM MEMBER SECURE THE LADDER BECAUSE THE SKINNY POS WILL SLIP!!) well he decided to poke around the corner when I was 1/2 way up, or about 12'. Of course the ladder slipped and I had to do my best spider drop but landed on my Gunslinger II with KRG in the saddle. I landed pack first directly on the rifle in such a way that it was at a barrel down angle putting a ton of stress in the but stock area. I weigh 180 pounds, no gear, throw on body armor, vest, kit etc. I am more like 220, so 220 pounds from 12-15' onto the back 1/3 or the stock.

Bottom line, ZERO damage to the stock. Not even a blip! The scope handled the drop as well so the March is now drop tested as well. I do not recommend conducting similar testing, as it is a bit painful, but this stock is GTG IMHO for any tactical application.

Sully

OUCH. Glad the stock, glass, and yourself survived the incident.

Correct. And nothing Motrin will not cure.

Sully

Maybe I am just being dense today - it's been a long day at work. I'm assuming one or more of the smaller holes support the install of a standard sling stud for the Harris to clamp to? Mine isn't a picatinny-mounting model.

OUCH. Glad the stock, glass, and yourself survived the incident.

My X-ray arrived today and the Timney 510 trigger arrives tomorrow. I can't wait to drop my Remington with new trigger into a chassis. Any tips from those that have already done this? This is my first time upgrading a rifle, so any advice would be welcome.

No modification needed for the Timney, I also run the 510. Just remove old stock, attach new.

Sully

My X-ray arrived today and the Timney 510 trigger arrives tomorrow. I can't wait to drop my Remington with new trigger into a chassis. Any tips from those that have already done this? This is my first time upgrading a rifle, so any advice would be welcome.

Wow, it really goes that easy! I can't wait to get out on the range.

Thanks KRG for the tracking info!
U5jvLSE.png
Same here! I wish I had the intestinal fortitude to assemble it and use it for my match tomorrow, but I don't..... I'll install it next week. I can't wait!

Sully
Wow. Glad you're okay!

Sully, how would you compare the X-Ray to the AICS? I'm thinking of switching and your profpic shows an AICS and you seem pretty dang happy with the X-Ray. I will say, I'm happy with my AICS, but I really like the thumb ramp on the X-Ray/W3 and I've heard the ergonomics are fantastic. Your thoughts are appreciated sir!

Has anybody done a extensive review on the x-ray yet Im on the fence to buy the X-ray or spend extra money for the whiskey 3

Sully, how would you compare the X-Ray to the AICS? I'm thinking of switching and your profpic shows an AICS and you seem pretty dang happy with the X-Ray. I will say, I'm happy with my AICS, but I really like the thumb ramp on the X-Ray/W3 and I've heard the ergonomics are fantastic. Your thoughts are appreciated sir!

Just posted two reviews that were done and I cover some of the pros of the X-Ray over the AICS. I still love my AICS and run one on my heavy tactical rifle, but the X-Ray is more or less my go-to rifle/chassis.

Sully

Thanks sully would you spend the extra for the whiskey 3 or go with the X-ray?

For me the X-Ray is perfect; however, if I wanted a folder with more side mounting options the Whiskey 3 would be choice. As stated in my reviews, the ergonomics of the X-Ray and Whiskey are hard to beat. XLR comes close and AICS a bit behind but overall my X-Ray just fits me perfectly. I have had the guys on my team behind my X-Ray and it is not 100%, some guys prefer the AICS that we normally run, one likes my XLR best but the X-Ray was either 1 or 2 of the test group. The test group was basically all our personal rifles and we just shot the crap out of each others gear one day. We had: McRees, Knoxx Axiom (with the springs removed so it didn't do the crazy follow through thing), XLR, X-Ray, JP, TAC 21 and a Eberlestock. We had some stocks there too, but for a chassis comparison out of this group the eight of us went 1-2 with the X-Ray. I have shot a Whiskey before and that is why I jumped at the X-Ray when I saw it at SHOT.

Sully

Got mine last week and love it! Have not had a chance to get out to the range, but ergonomics are fantastic. It fits great in the hand, adjust-ability is spot on and it is light. Even when compared with the original stock. Installation was pretty straight forward and everything went together solidly. However, I didn't install the bipod stud or the accessories mounts at first so I had to take it all apart to attach them. Probably my fault for not thinking of it, but might have been helpful to note in the instructions. There were also some typo's and other minor editing things in the instruction, but it was fairly straight forward to install. Can't wait to shoot it! Great product KRG and definitely worth the wait.

Very nice goucho my mind is officially made up, just need moneys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me the X-Ray is perfect; however, if I wanted a folder with more side mounting options the Whiskey 3 would be choice. As stated in my reviews, the ergonomics of the X-Ray and Whiskey are hard to beat. XLR comes close and AICS a bit behind but overall my X-Ray just fits me perfectly. I have had the guys on my team behind my X-Ray and it is not 100%, some guys prefer the AICS that we normally run, one likes my XLR best but the X-Ray was either 1 or 2 of the test group. The test group was basically all our personal rifles and we just shot the crap out of each others gear one day. We had: McRees, Knoxx Axiom (with the springs removed so it didn't do the crazy follow through thing), XLR, X-Ray, JP, TAC 21 and a Eberlestock. We had some stocks there too, but for a chassis comparison out of this group the eight of us went 1-2 with the X-Ray. I have shot a Whiskey before and that is why I jumped at the X-Ray when I saw it at SHOT.

Sully

Thnks sully sounds like defiantly going with x-ray and great right up

I installed a timney trigger and dropped my .308 Remington into the X-ray chassis. It went smooth had to file room to let safety work. Check it out. DSC_0036.jpg

Huge thanks to KRG and justin I finally got my X-Ray chassis! Got it Friday and finally installed my barreled action and it truly is a drop in. I have a Remington 700 trued with a bartlien m24 contour 24" and a Timney trigger, dropped right in with no clearance issues. Feels really good and solid! Looking forward to getting out to the range.
3uzube3u.jpg
ydu8yha5.jpg

Huge thanks to KRG and justin I finally got my X-Ray chassis! Got it Friday and finally installed my barreled action and it truly is a drop in. I have a Remington 700 trued with a bartlien m24 contour 24" and a Timney trigger, dropped right in with no clearance issues. Feels really good and solid! Looking forward to getting out to the range.
3uzube3u.jpg
ydu8yha5.jpg

What are you scoping it with? Love the M24 contour barrels.

Sully

For those that have a Timney trigger and are not wanting to modify their new chassis, the safety plunger (on my 510) is very easy to modify.

On the left side is a C clip. On the right, the safety becomes a flat triangle piece that pivots at the bottom.
Squeeze the trigger assembly (left & right sides) and pop the C clip.
The assembly will want to spring apart, so carefully separate the safely lever from the housing, and the safely plunger (and small spring) will fall free.

I trimmed the shaft of the safely plunger with a grinder down to no less than 0.310", rounded the edges, and hit it with a K-B cold blue pen.

Put the trigger assembly back together, and you should have plenty of clearance to get the action squared up with no interference.

What are you scoping it with? Love the M24 contour barrels.

Sully

Not sure yet, I have a bushnell XRS on my 6.5 creed.... Want to stay mil to mil and FFP... Need to hit some more it to get the scope. For now I am going to swapping scopes.
Happy shooting! Thanks for the question.

Oscar

Not sure yet, I have a bushnell XRS on my 6.5 creed.... Want to stay mil to mil and FFP... Need to hit some more it to get the scope. For now I am going to swapping scopes.
Happy shooting! Thanks for the question.

Oscar

Oscar,

I have come to the conclusion that the best scope for the X-Ray is the March, I have both a 3-24 in FFP/MIL and the 2.5-25 in SFP/MOA both are outstanding. I went with March on mind just because it seemed silly to build another rifle for the purpose of being lighter then plunking a Razor Gen 2 or Premier or another ATACR on it. Kind of defeated the whole idea behind getting into a light chassis. Just a suggestion, but the Bushey is a good optic as well and not too heavy.

Sully

Hi Fellas, thank you for all your business. It's been "lively" around here to say the least. We all hope you're enjoying your stocks. If anyone has any issues please contact us and we'll get you squared away as quickly as possible.

Someone had asked about which Spigot fits the X-ray, it's the one for the gen 3/4 Whiskey-3. The product listing for the spigot should say Gen 3 and 4 Whiskey-3 and all X-rays, we'll get it updated.

Keep the questions and comments/pics coming guys!
Justin

Crap. I just got my email. Figures I'd get that email the week I had to spend a bunch of money to handle some handgun issues.

Hopefully I won't have too much of a delay when I have the money in the bank next week.

Meanwhile, is there an ETA for more spigot mounts to be in stock, Justin? Last I looked they showed as sold out.

Got my email today and placed my order. Looking forward to putting it to use.