• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New X-Ray Chassis from KRG-now shipping!

I would also love to know when the Tikka Chassis will be ready, I'm aching to get a build going in time for SH Cup in May!

Heard from KRG the other day and they said it will likely be toward the end of March.

Hey Fellas,
At this point it will be a bit longer than 2 weeks for the R700 version. We don't know for sure how much longer, hopefully not too much, but we don't want to get into the "two more weeks" thing every two weeks.

It's looking like the T3 version will be ready just about the same time as the first batch of R700's. For those getting on the list for an R700 now it's looking like 2+ months as you would be in the next run. The T3's aren't as popular so anyone wanting a T3 stock will get in on the first batch.

Thanks guys,
Justin

Thanks for the updates Justin, ya'll have been great keeping us updated in this thread. Looking forward to a few of these! Will the first run of Tikka's be all black and will the QD mounts be available to ship with the first run?

Hey guys,
The first Tikkas will be black. With the delays it looks like the colored ones won't be too much farther behind but it's hard to say. It's also looking like the front Ambi QD mount will be ready at the same time as the chassis or close but again it's hard to say for sure.

rptam, if you pm me your email I can make sure you get on the list for one.

Thanks guys and keep the questions coming,
Justin

Justin,
Sorry if I missed it on one of the other pages, but will there be a color option on the initial batch Remington version for folks that are on the list? Or is this run all black? If colors will be available, which ones did you settle upon?
Thanks!

Hey Justin, earlier in a pm u indicated that colors in tikka were april. i take it that black tikka's are going to be late march timeframe?

Hey Massoud, any more info on the savage with the bottom bolt release?
Thanks in advance!

Is the email waiting list just for a "Ok, do you want one?", or do we need to put money down right away?

I see a new stock in my near future, and the X-Ray looks like the winner for me.

Hey fellas,
The initial Rem's will be black only. We are trying for April to have the colors going. Right now it looks like the brown color will be FDE like Magpul's FDE. I personally prefer the darker brown but there's a lot of factors at play. We are pushing for black Tikka's and Rem's both in March. It's difficult to say as we were hoping to have these shipping right after SHOT.

Early indications on the Savage don't look good. It's actually not the bolt release now though that is a hassle.

The wait list is just a no-money-down type of thing. We don't take pre-payment for anything.
Thanks guys,
Justin

Justin,

When the initial run of Rem700 SA chassis become available, how will you notify folks on your order list? Will you only send emails to the number of folks that match up with the number of units you will have for sale? Finally, will we be going to your Web site to place our orders, or submitting orders some other way?

Thanks!

man, these stock looks so tempting (debating between this and the LSS). I just wish the local shops had something similar to see how pistol grip fits me.

VMP, we'll send emails only to those for whom we have stocks. We'll probably set up a discount code so only they can purchase or something. You will be ordering off the website but you have two options to pay, online via CC or with a check/MO (which gets free shipping).

Otero, if you are near Yakima, Tactical Supply has some there. It is a good idea to get behind them.
Justin

tumblr_lwy5hkvAnv1r7nckko1_500.gif

haha, they're coming guys but it will be a few weeks yet. We're close though! No final word on the Savage versions yet. Thanks,
Justin

:)

Can't wait Justin! My adventure to the Precision shooting world will begin soon.

...So I should start saving my quarters then and stop spending on other fun things?

It's not this bad guys...just feels like it.

Attachments

• Funny wait.jpg
    Funny wait.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
While we are waiting, Mr. Massoud, could you answer a couple of questions.

1. Are a certain number of LOP spacers included?

2. Can I order mine with the regular grips, instead of the small grips that were switched to being the standard.

3. The OP mentions the XRay will have some accessories of its own, that are separate from the Whiskey. What are they?

Last edited:
Guys, could be worse, you could be waiting for a BEAST like me. And as someone who was luck to get a pre-production at SHOT it is well worth the wait! I have run AICS, XRL, McRees, MDT and a bunch of different stocks and this is IMHO the best of all of them. Ergonomics, weight, build quality... just a great piece of workmanship. So hang in there and you will be happy.

Sully

Haha yeah that would be a tough wait. It's been a bunch of SHOT shows since they had the first one there viewed by select individuals (not me). Thank you Sully for the kind words. We really tried to pack in the most quality and features for the price as we could.
Here are some answers:
-The X-ray version from us will not have any spacers. Each spacer quantity requires a specific set of screws so we figured it best to let the shooter choose the spacer package. There will be 6 spacer packages available from us with a different number of spacers in each one, from 1 to 6, and each will have the appropriate length screws for that number of spacers. The X-rays from Brownells will have 3 spacers and they will have a 3 spacer pack available (slightly different pricing on the stock and spacer pack). Spacers from us will be $4 bucks each

-We are working on the large grip option during purchase. It will likely be a $15 option charge.

-Right now there are no accessories that are only for the X-ray. Our Ambi QD sling mount was made just for the X-ray. It will still fit a W3 and a TRG though.

-No final word yet on Savage. Sorry, we're getting there.
Thanks guys,
Justin

While we're patiently (okay, not so much!) waiting, here's a question I have for you guys.

I'm not a Savage guy at all, but I do want to build a .22LR trainer that is as similar to my KRG / 6.5 Creedmoor / Stiller / Rem700 as I can possibly make it. Since there are no real affordable .22LR Rem700 actions, and the KRG can also be ordered for a Savage action, what is the best Savage .22LR action to get to build this up? Are there magazines that would work with that action in the KRG chassis? Thoughts?

Swhite, the X-Ray has not been confirmed for the savage action yet. Also the 22 Savage Rimfire action I'm sure would not fit the Savage centerfire/full-size X-Ray. Maybe look at a CZ 22/Manners combo, but no full size chassis is going to fit a 22 action without major mods.

Something I had forgotten to ask about - have Alpha mags been tested with the X-Ray? I know some chassis systems don't seem to like the Alpha mags, but my PTG bottom metal under my 700 has loved them. I'd rather stick with them than have to buy more AI mags.

While we're patiently (okay, not so much!) waiting, here's a question I have for you guys.

I'm not a Savage guy at all, but I do want to build a .22LR trainer that is as similar to my KRG / 6.5 Creedmoor / Stiller / Rem700 as I can possibly make it. Since there are no real affordable .22LR Rem700 actions, and the KRG can also be ordered for a Savage action, what is the best Savage .22LR action to get to build this up? Are there magazines that would work with that action in the KRG chassis? Thoughts?

I am a CZ fan and I will show you why. This is the "Taticool" model that I gave my son for XMAS this year. He's 24, finishing up his Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering. First time behind a rifle (long story about ex-wifes....). Anyhoo he sighted in at 25, 75 and then 100. Then he delivered this 5-shot group at a hun. I measured it at .9ish" perhaps a little less.

Hello Gents,
Here's some more info:
-.22 stocks: We most likely will not do one for the Savage .22. We are looking at two different .22 stocks at this time, one of which we have discussed on the hide previously which is the Sako Quad version. The other is for a different popular rimfire action but it's way way to early to say if it's even possible so I won't mention the name. Unfortunately they are not easy to find around here.

-Alpha mags: we do not use Alpha mags. We did some testing on the early ones that Chris had sent out to us several years ago. Many people seem to have success with them.

-700LA Xray: Most likely there will not be a LA X-ray chassis simply to due to volume/demand.

Thanks guys,
Justin

Thanks for the 22 trainer advice guys, and thanks Justin for thinking in that direction. Once I get my X-Ray, and if I like it as much as I think I will, I'm going to get anxious really quick to build a 22LR trainer version out of the same stock. Having a 22LR option, regardless of the manufacturer of the action, would be a real plus for me!

hello gents,
here's some more info:
-.22 stocks: We most likely will not do one for the savage .22. We are looking at two different .22 stocks at this time, one of which we have discussed on the hide previously which is the sako quad version. The other is for a different popular rimfire action but it's way way to early to say if it's even possible so i won't mention the name. Unfortunately they are not easy to find around here.

-alpha mags: We do not use alpha mags. We did some testing on the early ones that chris had sent out to us several years ago. Many people seem to have success with them.

-700la xray: Most likely there will not be a la x-ray chassis simply to due to volume/demand.

Thanks guys,
justin

cz,cz,cz!!!!!!!

Hi Justin

To confirm

the atlas bipod with spigot to suit aics bolts into both x ray an w3 g4?

Thanks

Last edited:
First off, can't wait for these to start shipping they look amazing and will be one kick ass chassis!

But one thing, for someone who is new to KRG, can I essentially take a Xray chassis and slowly upgrade it to a 100% W3C over time?

Thanks,
-Blake

Hi Justin

To confirm

the atlas bipod with spigot to suit aics bolts into both x ray an w3 g4?

Thanks

I don't think so. My X-Ray has the Atlas but I use the KRG Spigot and the rail attachment. The nice thing about the KRG Spigot is that you can use the flush cup adapter for QD slings.

Welcome to KRG

So this spigot

Welcome to KRG

Then the MOE L2 and Flush mount QD plate.

It is less cumbersome then the Spigot for the AICS, lighter and locks more solid. I have the AICS with spigot and this is much better IMHO. Even if I could mount the AICS block I would not switch from the KRG setup.

Sully

First off, can't wait for these to start shipping they look amazing and will be one kick ass chassis!

But one thing, for someone who is new to KRG, can I essentially take a Xray chassis and slowly upgrade it to a 100% W3C over time?

Thanks,
-Blake

Again, not to answer for KRG, but no i do not believe you can. The W series is aluminum block and the X-Ray is polymer and you would not be able to upgrade features such as the tool less adjustable LOP, folding option or for end mounting points for flush cups, NVG side mount etc. Having played with the W series and owning the X-Ray I do not think your missing a thing between the two, ergonomics are exactly the same and if you don't need a folder or all the other mounting points the X-Ray is as good as it gets in a chassis.

Sully

Last edited:
I don't think so. My X-Ray has the Atlas but I use the KRG Spigot and the rail attachment. The nice thing about the KRG Spigot is that you can use the flush cup adapter for QD slings.

Welcome to KRG

So this spigot

Welcome to KRG

Then the MOE L2 and Flush mount QD plate.

It is less cumbersome then the Spigot for the AICS, lighter and locks more solid. I have the AICS with spigot and this is much better IMHO. Even if I could mount the AICS block I would not switch from the KRG setup.

Sully

Thanks Sully,

Thought this was the case but thought I'd check,

Thanks

Again, not to answer for KRG, but no i do not believe you can. The W series is aluminum block and the X-Ray is polymer and you would not be able to upgrade features such as the tool less adjustable LOP, folding option or for end mounting points for flush cups, NVG side mount etc. Having played with the W series and owning the X-Ray I do not think your missing a thing between the two, ergonomics are exactly the same and if you don't need a folder or all the other mounting points the X-Ray is as good as it gets in a chassis.

Sully

Thanks for the reply...

That is totally understandable! Its an amazing chassis and I really can't wait to get it on my Rem 700 223. I was just curious after reading the forum / KRG Site, looked like you could upgrade to the folding stock and what not, didn't know if you could do a complete build!

Hey guys,
Here's some more info:
-The spigot mount that we make fits the X-ray, however it is not set up to take the direct-mount Atlas, it will only take the rail-mount Atlas bipod. You can put rails on the sides and bottom of the spigot mount. Also on the X-ray forend you can put a rail on the bottom and put the bipod there.

-You can actually upgrade an X-ray to basically a W3 over time but probably not how you're thinking. You can put a W3 forend on no problem. The issue is that you would need to swap out the whole X-ray back end for a W3 backend. The W3 backend in folding configuration is $898 and the fixed is around $650 (we haven't started selling it separate). Basically that would be the expensive way to do it. The easier way is to buy a W3 and sell the X-ray.

Thanks guys, keep em coming,
Justin

Email sent to get on the list for a R700 SA. Love the looks of things thus far!

Edit: Just received an email response. Kudos on the quick reply!

Last edited:
Paint this X-Ray up yesterday for a customer. I have to say that I really, really like this system. It's incredibly light, stout, has the adjustability that everyone can use, and it's just all around awesome. I could see myself owning one of these.

Branden
1421272_428324787304769_244181817_o.jpg