• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New X-Ray Chassis from KRG-now shipping!

And there she is.... I will post more photos after I get her back on Friday. I have had a lot of PM's from people asking for more photos of mine but it was out for paint.... and man it was worth it. Bus took an idea and ran with it and it came out far better then I could have imagined. True masterpiece from both Justin and Bus.

Sully

I don't think so. My X-Ray has the Atlas but I use the KRG Spigot and the rail attachment. The nice thing about the KRG Spigot is that you can use the flush cup adapter for QD slings.

Welcome to KRG

So this spigot

Welcome to KRG

Then the MOE L2 and Flush mount QD plate.

It is less cumbersome then the Spigot for the AICS, lighter and locks more solid. I have the AICS with spigot and this is much better IMHO. Even if I could mount the AICS block I would not switch from the KRG setup.

Sully

If you look at the photo Bus posted of my X-Ray you will be able to see the KRG spigot and rail below. It bolts in tight and is a great platform for the Atlas.

Sully

Thanks Sully, the stock came up nice look forward to more pics when u get the chance

Really nice paintjob!

.....BTW, Am I the only one who keeps getting E-Mail notifications of something new to this thread, and quickly heading over here thinking "This is it! They're available!", only to be disappointed? :)

-Scott

Last edited:
Really nice paintjob!

.....BTW, Am I the only one who keeps getting E-Mail notifications of something new to this thread, and quickly heading over here thinking "This is it! They're available!", only to be disappointed? :)

-Scott

Just be glad you didn't subscribe to the BEAST thread.....

Sully

Really nice paintjob!

-Scott

No, I'm the same. About ready to throw in the towel. It will open a spot on the first run.

When should OD Green or FDE be avail?

I would guess......... Sometime after the black one is available.....

tumblr_lfj6xarYgT1qe0eclo1_r25_500.gif

No point in asking until after that..

No, I'm the same. About ready to throw in the towel. It will open a spot on the first run.
Woah! That's not how I meant that! Don't give up. Good stuff takes time. I've done product development before, from small parts to cars, and delays are part of the business. I'm excited about the product, and I'll wait if I have to. I am NOT complaining about the delays - I just suffer from a child-on-Christmas-morning type of impatience for things like this!

This is what I'm saying. They are able to be ordered now and start shipping next week.

That XLR Element does look pretty nice, they won't be out for Tikka's until later anyways. They don't ship until week after next for Remington's (week of April 15.)

My guess is that the X-Ray would be shipping around then too (I hope!). I think the X-Ray will be worth the wait, I have heard that aluminum can get COLD!

Last edited:
I would guess......... Sometime after the black one is available.....

No point in asking until after that..

No reason to be rude or you are essentially telling everyone to shut up and not ask questions. This forum topic post was dedicated to questions/concerns and hopeful onlookers to purchase. I am interested in purchasing and most typical business have a business time-table. I am obviously not looking for specific deployment dates for FDE/OD Green stocks I am merely asking approximations. For example, XLR Industries came out and took a firm stand that they would not be releasing anything but their black color. I am asking if they are going to which was addressed earlier in the forum I believe and they confirmed yes. Then the question previously addressed more specifically if they know when they would be avail or start producing. Please take the negativity somewhere else because most of the people in here, like me, are excited and are willing to pay a great deal of money for something with innovation. I think we have the right to ask questions.

Gentlemen,
It's understandable to be anxious. There's been things over the years that I was anxious to get. Heck I never did end up with a Masada/ACR of my own despite having been the project manager at one time and we all know how much pent up demand/excitement there was for that.

The X-rays are coming, and soon, but we're not there yet. Please keep it civil and level headed. For those who simply cannot wait, we do have Whiskey-3's in stock and there's no shortage of other companies' chassis available. Sometimes guys have a school or match coming up and they just need a chassis by a certain date, we definitely understand that and understand if they need to go a different route. We wanted to have these shipping right after SHOT and if we could have, we would have. We like actually selling stocks a lot more than just putting a name on a list, haha. Thanks guys,
Justin

No reason to be rude or you are essentially telling everyone to shut up and not ask questions. This forum topic post was dedicated to questions/concerns and hopeful onlookers to purchase. I am interested in purchasing and most typical business have a business time-table. I am obviously not looking for specific deployment dates for FDE/OD Green stocks I am merely asking approximations. For example, XLR Industries came out and took a firm stand that they would not be releasing anything but their black color. I am asking if they are going to which was addressed earlier in the forum I believe and they confirmed yes. Then the question previously addressed more specifically if they know when they would be avail or start producing. Please take the negativity somewhere else because most of the people in here, like me, are excited and are willing to pay a great deal of money for something with innovation. I think we have the right to ask questions.

You are correct in that you have every right to ask questions. If there is no approximation of timeline on the first, how can an answer be given for the next runs? I know you signed up a week ago, but reading only a few pages back would have your answers given by Mr. Massoud himself.

Don't take offense. It's just typical that someone new would bump a thread or create a new one for a question that is asked/answered daily.

I have already gone another direction for my current build, but will likely take an Xray when my name comes up on the list and use it on my shorty build.

Until then, I'll just be taking long walks in the field to pass the time.

L2ASIya.jpg

Is the X-Ray worth waiting for? IMHO Yes! I picked mine up at shot so I didn't have to wait but having shot virtually every chassis out there I find the X-Ray to be the best balance between weight, ergonomics and function and it is damn attractive to boot. Here is mine all put together and ready for the range on Monday and Tuesday.. and Wednesday. Just need to get some Magpul FDE or Coyote to paint the action to match the stock, but it is a functional as it is beautiful so unless you need a chassis tomorrow to stave off the Zombie invasion sit tight and and you will have something quite nice.

Sully

Attachments

• 20140405_180715-1_resized.jpg
    20140405_180715-1_resized.jpg
    810.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20140405_180741-1_resized.jpg
    20140405_180741-1_resized.jpg
    779.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20140405_180807-1_resized.jpg
    20140405_180807-1_resized.jpg
    783.2 KB · Views: 18
Normally I hate digital patterns, but that paint job is fantastic.

I'm with you. The only digital patter worth a damn is the MARPAT and that has more to do with colors then pattern. When Bus and I talked I wanted a fade with some harsh outlines and through conversation and changing the damn pattern six time he nailed it.

For those of you on the fence because of the wait, yes the new XLR looks great and I own two XLR's, love Kyle and the XLR is my second favorite chassis second only to the X-Ray. If it was me, knowing now how good the X-Ray is I would wait the extra two weeks, but that's just me.

Sully

I'm with you. The only digital patter worth a damn is the MARPAT and that has more to do with colors then pattern. When Bus and I talked I wanted a fade with some harsh outlines and through conversation and changing the damn pattern six time he nailed it.

For those of you on the fence because of the wait, yes the new XLR looks great and I own two XLR's, love Kyle and the XLR is my second favorite chassis second only to the X-Ray. If it was me, knowing now how good the X-Ray is I would wait the extra two weeks, but that's just me.

Sully

The new XLR definitely got my attention. However, I didn't like the look of the buttstock section, and it looks like the fore end is really short. I'm sticking with my spot in line for the X-Ray.

That said, I am starting to think my X-Ray may be getting a paint job when it arrives.

Sully

L24cy.gif

Ha, glad you aren't having an 8 hour shit sulcop, that could be just as taxing! :) Stay safe man.

Where do you go to get on the list?

Interested in getting my hands on a black version of this chassis for my custom .308 build.

Go to KRG website and email their general email on the website, specify what action and color preference and that you would like to be added to the alert list for x-ray.

Can we have a REAL date that the R 700 XRay's will be ready by. Even if its 2 months away?

Can we have a REAL date that the R 700 XRay's will be ready by. Even if its 2 months away?

I was quoted 1 to 2 months last week. It will happen when it happens. This aint a big corporation with a million engineers and admins, they are a couple of guys with a proven record who have given us a headstart on buying a great product. Leave them alone.

I was quoted 1 to 2 months last week. It will happen when it happens. This aint a big corporation with a million engineers and admins, they are a couple of guys with a proven record who have given us a headstart on buying a great product. Leave them alone.

I am leaving them alone. Your grumpy.

Just asking for a new estimated deadline because I was quoted a different one every few weeks.
I could careless if it took 6 months, but when its a song and a dance every 3 weeks it gets old quickly.

Thanks for the update, eravelo.

I emailed yesterday to get on the waiting list and got a reply that it would be about 2 months. Unless you've paid them money and they have you a deadline date I don't see what the big deal is.

For people getting on the list now your wait is longer than ours because you won't be in the first run. Justin has been very informative just isn't quoting exact times for this reason. Nobody has paid, they will be worth the wait.

Here is my W3/Long Rifles combo and the first 5 shot group @ 100 with it:

IMAG0210_zpsd3157acc.jpg

IMAG0209_zps00dd74fe.jpg

To the KRG guys, is you Xray or Whiskey chassis channeled wide enough for a Jewell or a Timney trigger?
Edit: searched the forum and found some W3's withe Jewells

Last edited:
Well gentlemen, the time has come. Quite a few emails went out today.

Those of you who were the first responders for a R700SA chassis will be getting them soon. Thank you all for your patience, it's not easy I know. I've been waiting for a hoverboard since the 80's, and those were promised to be ready by mid-90's, haha. Seriously though it is not fun waiting for something you know is coming. Magpul dealt with this and changed their policy to not say anything ever until something was ready to ship. We don't want to go that far but in the future we'll probably hold out until we're pretty sure of a ship date. We do have several more things coming this year, some small items, etc., but we'll spring them on you a bit.

The Tikka will be a bit longer but not much. Green ones are a few weeks out, tan ones we're not sure.

I'll address other actions and lefty chassis shortly.

If you were not on the first list, you are lucky in a way in that you won't have waited quite as long. We expect those on the 2nd list to get their emails within a month (this is a rough estimate not a hard date). If you didn't get an email today then you are on the 2nd list. If you think you were an early responder to get on the list but didn't hear from us, it's possible the email bounced so send us an email and check.

Thank you fellas, we hope you enjoy them.
Justin

Got the e-mail while at my kids baseball game (went 2 for 3, had a putout from the outfield and a 3 up 3 down with 2Ks in his one inning of pitching) so a great day.

Thanks KRG!

Free shipping with check ?

Well gentlemen, the time has come. Quite a few emails went out today.

Those of you who were the first responders for a R700SA chassis will be getting them soon. Thank you all for your patience, it's not easy I know. I've been waiting for a hoverboard since the 80's, and those were promised to be ready by mid-90's, haha. Seriously though it is not fun waiting for something you know is coming. Magpul dealt with this and changed their policy to not say anything ever until something was ready to ship. We don't want to go that far but in the future we'll probably hold out until we're pretty sure of a ship date. We do have several more things coming this year, some small items, etc., but we'll spring them on you a bit.

The Tikka will be a bit longer but not much. Green ones are a few weeks out, tan ones we're not sure.

I'll address other actions and lefty chassis shortly.

If you were not on the first list, you are lucky in a way in that you won't have waited quite as long. We expect those on the 2nd list to get their emails within a month (this is a rough estimate not a hard date). If you didn't get an email today then you are on the 2nd list. If you think you were an early responder to get on the list but didn't hear from us, it's possible the email bounced so send us an email and check.

Thank you fellas, we hope you enjoy them.
Justin

The email I got said shipping was free if paid with a check. I ordered with a check as the payment option and it still added $20 for shipping in on my invoice. Can you help with this ? Thanks.

The email I got said shipping was free if paid with a check. I ordered with a check as the payment option and it still added $20 for shipping in on my invoice. Can you help with this ? Thanks.

I sent them a note on the contact page that I had reduced the check amount by $20 and they said "Great...", so that must be GTG.

Justin sent me a PM back and said they didn't have a way to subtract the $20 off for shipping, so just to send the check in for $548 and they would know.

So its nice to see everyone happy again. I'm into the fourth month with mine and it is still by far the best chassis I own, and I own them all.

Sully

Attachments

• 20140407_180326-1_resized.jpg
    20140407_180326-1_resized.jpg
    705.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20140413_181714_resized.jpg
    20140413_181714_resized.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
Ordered mine over the weekend - will be replacing a B&C M40 stock. Took the occasion to purchase a new Timey elite as well! Can't wait to get this stock! Now I just have to decide how I want it finished...