• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NEW XRS Chassis from MDT - Crossover Rifle Stock

@MDT_OFFICIAL - watched Joel's video and your official video but can't tell, does it have a thumb shelf built in like your other chassis?

There isn't a dedicated thumb shelf on the side like our other chassis, since the back of the stock behind the receiver is rather wide, it works well for a thumb shelf.

Reactions: MDrimfirerookie
That´s interesting new product from MDT.
I really liked that pistol grip idea, and that you can hold our thumb on that long, curvy neck on the rifle.
One thing i would like to add instanly is, adjustable butt bad.
I am 6,4, 245lbs whale, i really need that butt bad up, or it is under my armpit.
I have had 2 ESS chassies, those are awesome chassies in summer, but full alloy is not ideal in winter, so this chassis with that upgrade would sound very nice ;).
And for sure made for Tikka T3 action.
I assume that these are only made with Remington 700 and clones at this point?

@MDT_OFFICIAL
I can't seem to find, but what are the "features" over the Bravo that justify the price premium ? I handled one earlier this week and had no complaints, but couldn't get a straight answer as to why the price

That´s interesting new product from MDT.
I really liked that pistol grip idea, and that you can hold our thumb on that long, curvy neck on the rifle.
One thing i would like to add instanly is, adjustable butt bad.
I am 6,4, 245lbs whale, i really need that butt bad up, or it is under my armpit.
I have had 2 ESS chassies, those are awesome chassies in summer, but full alloy is not ideal in winter, so this chassis with that upgrade would sound very nice ;).
And for sure made for Tikka T3 action.
I assume that these are only made with Remington 700 and clones at this point?
Thank you for your feedback. Yes, we will offer A Tikka T3/T3X version soon. Yes, Remington 700 will be the initial release inlet.

Reactions: viking78
@MDT_OFFICIAL Any timeframe on other colors like FDE?

Soon, make sure you are signed up for our newsletter to be kept up to date with all XRS new.

@MDT_OFFICIAL
I can't seem to find, but what are the "features" over the Bravo that justify the price premium ? I handled one earlier this week and had no complaints, but couldn't get a straight answer as to why the price

We can't comment on the features we have over the Bravo; however, we have a 12" forend, M-Lok slots long the length of the bottom side of the forend, 3 M-Lok slots on the left and right side of the polymer skins, a grooved barricade stop, captured action screws ( can't lose those), changeable grip inserts (both are included in the box), 1.5" of toolless cheek riser adjustment, length of pull adjustment using spacers, and the ability to run a barrel up to the same diameter of the action.

We do offer a 30-day customer satisfaction guarantee. If you want to buy it, try it, and find out for yourself. You have 30-days from the day you receive it to try is as much as you want. If you are not satisfied within that period, contact us and we can set up an RMA.

Last edited:
Soon, make sure you are signed up for our newsletter to be kept up to date with all XRS new.

We can't comment on the features we have over the Bravo; however, we have a 12" forend, M-Lok slots long the length of the bottom side of the forend, 3 M-Lok slots on the left and right side of the polymer skins, a grooved barricade stop, captured action screws ( can't lose those), changeable grip inserts (both are included in the box), 1.5" of toolless cheek riser adjustment, length of pull adjustment using spacers, and the ability to run a barrel up to the same diameter of the action.

We do offer a 30-day customer satisfaction guarantee. If you want to buy it, try it, and find out for yourself. You have 30-days from the day you receive it to try is as much as you want. If you are not satisfied within that period, contact us and we can set up an RMA.
Ok, if you can't comment on competitors directly, that's not an issue and understandable.

I'll ask the group; for another $150, the xrs offers an extra 1/2" of cheek height adjustment, mlok slots on the bottom, 1 additional pound of weight, less modularity (in regards to add-ons such as bag riders, lop adjusters, forends, etc) when compared to the KRG Bravo. Is that a fair assessment? Anyone else here at SHOT have different views?

Ok, if you can't comment on competitors directly, that's not an issue and understandable.

I'll ask the group; for another $150, the xrs offers an extra 1/2" of cheek height adjustment, mlok slots on the bottom, 1 additional pound of weight, less modularity (in regards to add-ons such as bag riders, lop adjusters, forends, etc) when compared to the KRG Bravo. Is that a fair assessment? Anyone else here at SHOT have different views?

Have you handled an XRS yet yourself? Things like fit and finish alone can make it worth it for many people. Your statement about having no complaints about the bravo is inheritly very specific to your situation and values. It's going to be hard to convey value of subjective things that don't fit nicely on a spec sheet. If you like what the Bravo provides at a price you're happy with then go for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: spife7980
Have you handled an XRS yet yourself? Things like fit and finish alone can make it worth it for many people. Your statement about having no complaints about the bravo is inheritly very specific to your situation and values. It's going to be hard to convey value of subjective things that don't fit nicely on a spec sheet. If you like what the Bravo provides at a price you're happy with then go for it.
Yea, I think there's some miscommunication about my previous post. I have handled the XRS, that's what I was referring to with the no complaints comment. Just curious if there was another feature set I missed (or if those I listed are worth ~$150 to others).

Reactions: Bayhawk21
ANd to build off your fit/finish comment - IMHO, the polymer on the XRS felt more "solid" (for lack of a better term, and probably where the additional weight comes from) vs the bravo. However on the flip side, I was not a fan of the exposed screw holes - they looked a little low budget. As far as seams, gaps, coatings, etc. (both the XRS and Bravo) everything looked good - no issues to my eye.

Reactions: Bayhawk21
The immediate plans are

Remington 700 SA
Savage SA
Tikka T3/T3x SA
Howa 1500 SA

And then quite possibly after those the Remington 783 SA and Ruger American SA
I will buy a 783 chassis as soon as you release it

I have a couple of Bravos and am happy with them, but I think there's something easily missed when comparing the Bravo to the XRS directly.

The forend on the Bravo is short enough that you must add a spigot to be able to use a Gamechanger type bag with a bipod attached to the stock (at least if the bag is oriented with the long axis in line with the stock), while the XRS appears to be long enough for this not to be an issue. A spigot has been a $123 addition, and they are popular enough that there were times last year when it was difficult for KRG to keep them in stock (they have plenty on hand at the moment). The minimalist spigot reduces that to $70, but that still makes the difference between the two stocks closer to $80.

The XRS has a barricade stop molded into the forearm, while adding one to the Bravo costs at least another $36, bringing the two even closer together in cost. And while the XRS may not have the option of adding multiple forends or a tool-less buttpad like the Bravo, it does offer two angles of grip inserts.

Both have plenty of benefits and seem to be a good value for the money, and I think the stocks are closer than some are suggesting. KRG will continue to kill it with the Bravo, and I'm sure MDT will sell tons of the XRS (especially once they release inlets for underserved actions like the Savage).

I plan on buying an XRS to try, but I also won't be selling my KRG stocks.

Last edited:
We have a very excited young daughter.
It is headed to the mill so the bolt will close... then the paint booth for appropriate designs and colors...
Will sport a new 22BR bbl

Attachments

• 2020-02-14 07.20.00.jpg
    2020-02-14 07.20.00.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 198
We have a very excited young daughter.
It is headed to the mill so the bolt will close... then the paint booth for appropriate designs and colors...
Will sport a new 22BR bbl

Awesome! Great work getting more shooters out there and showing some lefty love :)(y)

Josh

Would have bee easier to make ambidextrous

Sir, In all due respect.... MDT does a great job and offers many options in a timely manner. 5 minutes on the mill is not a big deal when an early adopter wants a product. MDT's products have been well vetted by my girls over the past few years and time waiting for the LH version to be released was not in her plan. This chassis will see matches starting next month. She is indeed excited for a stock that feels like her 22 and air rifle..
GAMTEAM 2.jpg

Also, If I had a nickle for every time some young girl with pigtails offered me advice after I shot a poor stage...and I respected their advice and actually listened because they were good shooters....I'd have 5 nickles.

Reactions: gnochi and MTETM
Sir, In all due respect.... MDT does a great job and offers many options in a timely manner. 5 minutes on the mill is not a big deal when an early adopter wants a product.

Respectfully,

I have been waiting on a lefty Tikka ACC for some time (well over a year - which, given the pace of product development these days is rather a long time). Given that Tikka is quite popular and remarkably lefty-friendly compared to some other brands this is a head-scratcher to me. I love MDT products (and not just because they are Canadian as I am) to be clear - I'm not axe grinding.

To the mill comment, certainly if you have immediate access to a mill then there is little to nothing to the task. Most of us do not, so there is slightly more in terms of time and money than there is for you. I had to send mine off to a known good smith and the operation took two weeks and the overall cost was about the same as a box of Lapua brass.

All of which to say I, and I expect many other lefties, wish more companies would offer ambi inlets with the option to close off the unused bolt handle notch like the Magpul pro offers. I do not run a business, so perhaps it is more complicated that it seems, but halving the number of SKUs you need to offer and making both left- and right-handed folks happy seems like a no brainer to me.

Previously MDT has said they made ambi stuff in the early days. I'm very curious why they stopped. Inquisitiveness and not understanding a business decision are not bad things in a customer - they show the customer cares and wants more product.

To succeed in this business companies have to be very innovative. This is a very small shooting discipline. Xlr is an example of that innovation.

Respectfully,

I have been waiting on a lefty Tikka ACC for some time (well over a year - which, given the pace of product development these days is rather a long time). Given that Tikka is quite popular and remarkably lefty-friendly compared to some other brands this is a head-scratcher to me. I love MDT products (and not just because they are Canadian as I am) to be clear - I'm not axe grinding.

To the mill comment, certainly if you have immediate access to a mill then there is little to nothing to the task. Most of us do not, so there is slightly more in terms of time and money than there is for you. I had to send mine off to a known good smith and the operation took two weeks and the overall cost was about the same as a box of Lapua brass.

All of which to say I, and I expect many other lefties, wish more companies would offer ambi inlets with the option to close off the unused bolt handle notch like the Magpul pro offers. I do not run a business, so perhaps it is more complicated that it seems, but halving the number of SKUs you need to offer and making both left- and right-handed folks happy seems like a no brainer to me.

Previously MDT has said they made ambi stuff in the early days. I'm very curious why they stopped. Inquisitiveness and not understanding a business decision are not bad things in a customer - they show the customer cares and wants more product.

Let' hope this discussion will provide MDT more positive input to offer a LH option for a direct order. It would be nice. Not only is my daughter LH, but so is my wife. Your point is well taken, to me it is a few minutes to convert, and I have done it many times. We have had this issue for a long time. MDT did the LH version of the LSS int the picture for us a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: adamjma and Mxridr
Respectfully,

Thank you for your feedback and input. We are always striving to improve our products and make them accessible to shooters of every type. One of the biggest things you can do for us is to make sure to leave us requests on our product request pages. This is where everything needs to go so our sales/marketing and design teams can have the demand laid out for them. We used to offer an ambi design which became part of another project and was fully dedicated to that. It is something we've talked about and we will likely explore again, however, we will want it to be the MDT way. We tend not to rush things and occasionally it can seem like something isn't happening but we always hard at work. In fact @MDT_Josh needs to get back to work making ideas like this come to life!

MDT product requests:

Oryx product requests:

Hope the Tikka t3x hits soon before I pull the trigger on something else. Prefer not to get the bravo.

Hope the Tikka t3x hits soon before I pull the trigger on something else. Prefer not to get the bravo.

It should be soon, make sure to sign up for our newsletter to be kept up to date with all XRS news.

I love the design of this chassis so much. I almost hit buy on it several times. I just couldn't do it though. To me, all poly frame/chassis feel cheap, even good quality ones. It a old school mentality. I ended up biting the bullet and buying a loaded ACC Chassis instead paired up with one of MDT Ckye pods too.

My original budget was supposed to be about $800 for chassis, rings and bipod. Well i blew that out of the water. For the cost you can't beat this XRS though.

I love the design of this chassis so much. I almost hit buy on it several times. I just couldn't do it though. To me, all poly frame/chassis feel cheap, even good quality ones. It a old school mentality. I ended up biting the bullet and buying a loaded ACC Chassis instead paired up with one of MDT Ckye pods too.

My original budget was supposed to be about $800 for chassis, rings and bipod. Well i blew that out of the water. For the cost you can't beat this XRS though.
Well, even though you bought the ACC you still got a great chassis.

Ya, it looks "cheap" the looks of the Krg are alot better.

It actually feels a lot less "cheap" than the Bravo (I had both and compared side by side). Obviously, how "cheap" something feels is subjective but I far prefer the feel of the MDT (hence selling the Bravo).

It actually feels a lot less "cheap" than the Bravo (I had both and compared side by side). Obviously, how "cheap" something feels is subjective but I far prefer the feel of the MDT (hence selling the Bravo).
I have a Krg X-ray on one of my rigs, and it is very good quality, Sells for around $450 as well.