• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes NF 22x,...32x,...42x

Blue Streak

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2010
KY via Oklahoma
I've been looking at NF scope for a few months now. I see many here in the classified for sale,...you see most of them being 15x adn 22x.

What is the deal with that? IYO, do you think the lack of 32x and 42x is that people get rid of their lower powered 15s adn 22s to upgrade to the 32 or 42?

It just seems stange that you hardly ever / or simply ever, see any 32x or 42x. There is a reason for that I would suspect.

Re: NF 22x,...32x,...42x

That's because they are less common / less well owned so the after-market is naturally smaller.

IMO I think that the 15X and 22X scope are in more general use for the shooters who donot shoot distances under 1000 yards. There are most probably fewer longer distance (over 1000 yards) that would need the higher power scopes. So you see fewer for sale.

The higher the magnification the more difficult it becomes to see through mirage, small movements are much more noticeable ect. This is not always due to the quality of the glass either. I regularly shoot to a mile (1760 yards) with a NF 5.5-22. It is plenty.

Take a real high quality spotting scope like a Ziess, when wind, mirage ect are to much you often use it on 30 x mag or below even though it is 20-60.

Also many people are hesitant to give up the lower ranges of magnification. Even though I hunt with a 4-16 I usually have it sitting on 4-6 mag in case of a fast moving coyote.