• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NF F1 vs Premier Heritage Light Tactical.........

tacplinker

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2013
I have not read a true apples to apples comparison between the NightForce F1 and the Premier Light Tactical. The only side by side I read was pitting the NF against the big Heritage Tactical which is waay more expensive and heavier. So how do these two rate against each other since they both cost virtually the same? I'm considering the NF MLR2.0 vs the Premier Gen2 mildot. Looking to use either choice for a <span style="font-weight: bold">rough</span> <span style="font-weight: bold">service </span> .308 build for out to 1k max. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

http://nightforceoptics.com/nxs/3-5-15x50-f1-nxs-riflescope/

http://www.premierreticles.com/products/heritage-3-15x50mm-light-tactical.php

TP...

Re: NF F1 vs Premier Heritage Light Tactical.........

Something to think about- while Premier makes good scopes, Nightforce has current military contracts and has been under the same ownership for a long time. My agency just bought several NF 3.5-15x50 scopes for our SWAT sniper rifles, and they were phenomenal to work with.

Premier has appreciably better glass, doesn't have that damned rotating ocular, and has a decent second rev indicator.
The NF is all but bomb-proof, very rugged and glass is entirely serviceable. Both are FFP, both are very reliable, both have good elevation range.

Having owned and used both extensively, I have an LT and no F1.

Reticle selection on F1 is far superior,but the Gen 2 XR does everything I need.

LT has better illumination. And I like LT turrets better.

Zero stop on both works well.

Were it my money, it'd go to Premier.

If those were my choices I would save up some more $ and get the 3-15 Tactical, not the Light Tactical.

The rotating collar on the NF is bootsy.

The turrets on the LT leave a lot to be desired.

The Tac is built like a tank.

I prefer the Gen 2 MD to the Gen 2 XR.

IMO

I owned the Premier Heritage 3-15 and own a Nightforce F1. The weight difference is pretty substantial, as is the build difference.

I almost feel like those two scopes belong one two different types of rifles.

I really am interested in picking up a Premier Light Tactical for a hunting rifle... lighter than the F1, better glass... hard to beat that.

I have been trying to decide between these two as well.

I think I've finally settled on the Premier after reading Ilya's High End Tactical Scope articles.

Part 2

Part 3

They are both good scopes, but if reliability is a concern go with the nightforce. The premier LT has thinner walls. My buddies LT dented in under the rings. Premier tried to blame the rings. They were sent back to badger to check to see if they were in spec and they were fine. Premier ended up replacing the scope saying the tube was out of spec and with the thinner walls it was pinched under the rings. I would be concerned with how they hold up over time. Other than that it is about the perfect scope for a light weight rig.

No worries with NF reliability. I actually prefer the rotating ocular, but as you can tell from this thread it is a personal preference. In my experience the illumination is a non issue. I have never had to adjust the brightness.Yes, the premier does have better glass, but the glass in the NF has never prevented me from making a shot. I think people get to caught up in this. Turrets are wash to me, I don't prefer one over the other.

I stuck with the F!. The Premier was a great scope but I like the turrets of the F1 better and the MLR2.0 better than the Gen II mil dot.