• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors NFA Trust?

Re: NFA Trust?

Question about Quicken.
On the Assignment of Property page 1...
There is a line...

Executed at__________,__________, on ___________,
___________.

What goes on this line? I assume the last 2 lines are for the date, but what about the first 2?

I put city and state after much searching on the LONG thread on AR15.com.

Here is what I sent it.

2 copies of form 4
one photo copy of Certificate of Trust.
1 check.

It is my unerstanding that you do not need to send in form 5330 (Certification of Compliance)(citizen form). Your trust can not be a citizen.

I also read that you do not have to send in a photo copy of the Declaration of Trust.

I chose to send in a little as possible. So if it gets sent back to me, i'll keep this updated.

I have been reading thru this thread but can't seem to find an answer. I am stuck in Willmaker where it is asking to list the properties in the trust. It won't let me go further if I don't put anything but I have any class 3 items to put in there yet.
Would it look weird to get it notarized with nothing listed in it?

you need to list some object to establish the trust. the nfa items can be added in later after the trust is notarized and established.

For Texas you need to put something in the trust to make it a legal entity. I put $1 in mine when I started it. A specific 1 dollar bill, with serial number listed in my schedule A. That dollar bill sits in my safe with the paperwork FWIW.

I have my paperwork in hand, Trust set up with 4 Canadian Silver coins listed in the Trust. I will mail the packet out tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SymteX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have my paperwork in hand, Trust set up with 4 Canadian Silver coins listed in the Trust. I will mail the packet out tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes. </div></div>

Did your dealer give you the serial number on your class 3 item?

My dealer filled out both form 4's with serial numbers included. He advised me to put the serial number on my check that I mail in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr.Mildots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the best way to find out if I'm required to file my trust with my county and/or state to make it legit? I live in Colorado... not sure who to check with about this.</div></div>

Was just wondering the same thing, do you create a trust and the file a notarized copy with the state you live in?

According to Quicken Willmaker:

STATES THAT PROVIDE FOR REGISTRATION OF LIVING TRUSTS
Alaska Hawaii Michigan Nebraska*
Colorado** Idaho Missouri* North Dakota
Florida* Maine

* Not mandatory
**Registration of a revocable living trust not required until the grantor's death; no registration required if all trust property is distributed to the beneficiaries then.

"Some states require that the trustee of a trust register the trust with the local court. But there are no legal consequences or penalties if you don't."

I always send a check from my personal account so I can watch the bank when it gets cashed. I don't think the name matters as long as it is with the paperwork.

doesnt matter on the check. Make sure dont forget the citizenship form..

Can a decommissioned weapon that was originally an automatic be returned back to original working condition by the current owner if it is registered as a class 3 weapon when complete? Will this weapon need a Tax Stamp and can it be added to an outside trust or corp once completed?

I totally need to do this for an SBR and a can
laugh.gif
seems like its the only way to go when doing NFA items.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mastersgt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can a decommissioned weapon that was originally an automatic be returned back to original working condition by the current owner if it is registered as a class 3 weapon when complete? Will this weapon need a Tax Stamp and can it be added to an outside trust or corp once completed?</div></div>

Possibly if the owner is an SOT.
I dont know what all the SOT number and what capacities.

When you are starting your trust put $10.00 usd as your only item. That is what the guy put on the thing when he made it. Then after you get your FORM 4 back you can list that item on your trust. Just my .02

I know a guy who can do MN or FL NFA trusts. Much cheaper than the guntrust guy. But only MN or FL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CDiPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Willmaker wont let you do the wrong thing for your state...the only way you can screw it up is if you make manual edits.

I sent my whole document in when I did mine...Should be another few weeks..:) They cashed the check in 2 days,lol. </div></div>

I am an estate and probate attorney.

I make a TON of money fixing "manual edits" after someone has died.

What was the Fram Commercial: Pay me now, or pay me later.

Just a reminder to be careful.

BMT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColoWyo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to Quicken Willmaker:

STATES THAT PROVIDE FOR REGISTRATION OF LIVING TRUSTS
Alaska Hawaii Michigan Nebraska*
Colorado** Idaho Missouri* North Dakota
Florida* Maine

* Not mandatory
**Registration of a revocable living trust not required until the grantor's death; no registration required if all trust property is distributed to the beneficiaries then.

"Some states require that the trustee of a trust register the trust with the local court. But there are no legal consequences or penalties if you don't."

</div></div>I live in Maine, I wasn't aware of the registration process for my trust- anyone know what I need to do?

If you already own the silenced weapons can you list them as the starting items for the trust. And can the trust sell them if necessary?

You can move stuff out of your name and into a trust, but you have to be aware that it does incur a 200 dollar tax stamp to do that.

Selling a suppressor? Why would you do that? Ever notice not too many used suppressors ever go up for sale?

The big question I've always had with a trust is when I have the trust who all can shoot/use the suppressor/weapon? Is it all the people listed to become owners or "heirs of the the trust"? If not how to do I make it where me and any family member can lawfully shoot and use the item?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coues7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The big question I've always had with a trust is when I have the trust who all can shoot/use the suppressor/weapon? Is it all the people listed to become owners or "heirs of the the trust"? If not how to do I make it where me and any family member can lawfully shoot and use the item? </div></div>

You are the grantor, person in charge. All others are considered trustees. They can add and take things out of the trust though without your permission, so keep an eye on that.

i have been reading alot of stuff and i think i still have one question. i keep hearing the term "nfa specific" language. what is that exactly? i dont really see it in any of the examples i have seen, but those are copies of quicken willmaker generated trusts. i have heard those are the ones that get invalidated at times. does anyone have an example of what a lawyer would add to a basic trust to make it NFA compliant?

also i notice that all ofthe trusts are husband and wife trusts. is there a single guys trust available? im still waiting for a copy of quicken from a friend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have been reading alot of stuff and i think i still have one question. i keep hearing the term "nfa specific" language. what is that exactly? i dont really see it in any of the examples i have seen, but those are copies of quicken willmaker generated trusts. i have heard those are the ones that get invalidated at times. does anyone have an example of what a lawyer would add to a basic trust to make it NFA compliant?

also i notice that all ofthe trusts are husband and wife trusts. is there a single guys trust available? im still waiting for a copy of quicken from a friend </div></div>

To have a lawyer write up a specific NFA trust can cost a lot of money for an amended and certified document. But, Quicken does not nearly cover the specific laws your state can set for trusts. The ATF examines each trust pertaining to the state laws, if your trust is not specific enough to satisfy state law, they reject it. There are numerous examples. But if you want to get specifics.... don't ask us because we paid for them! Call a NFA specific lawyer...

Apple Law Firm - Jacksonville, FL

They are a great firm that deals in NFA Gun Trusts. Check them out.

so you guys use a lawyer from a different state than your own? i have spoken to two friends that are lawyers here and none of them know anything about it and none of their other lawyer associates know it either.

and while i realized that you paid for it, as soon as i get this worked out ill post my copy for everybody to use or at least review. just imagine how happy you would have had someone done the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so you guys use a lawyer from a different state than your own? i have spoken to two friends that are lawyers here and none of them know anything about it and none of their other lawyer associates know it either.

and while i realized that you paid for it, as soon as i get this worked out ill post my copy for everybody to use or at least review. just imagine how happy you would have had someone done the same. </div></div>

A lawyer out of state that writes the trust, being its a specific side of the law and not every lawyer I know of has time to practice multiple types of law.... The law firm in FL writes it, then sends it to a know law firm in your state for review. Once they approve it they email it to you.

I am all about helping fellow shooters out when I can but not to the tune of me paying $600.00 between two lawyers and then posting what I paid for all over the internet for other to get for free, and then by skating the privacy rules and committing a crime against the law firm who WROTE the trust, you will end up being out more money when they come after you for copyright infringement. Good luck with that.

...this is a perfect example ....of why i say there are way too many barristers in this world....

this shit is called boutique law......just some way of taking money out of the working mans pocket.....then this morfs into boutique litigation.....

fuck...don't get me started

Sean Cody in Houston can also so do them for diff states.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rundm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sean Cody in Houston can also so do them for diff states.</div></div>

I've tried contacting Sean Cody and no answer. Does anyone have any other contact info for him?

Hey quys quick ? Does anybody live in or around Tulsa, OK. Know a good Leagal guy to help with a NFA Trust, one that wont break you in the process? I live in Broken Arrow, and the Tulsa County Sheriff wont sign off.

Thanks U can pm me if u would like

Stephen

Can anyone please tell me where I can purchase the software to create my own NFA trust document. I live in El Paso, TX. I'm also willing to pay for someone who has experience doing them. Of course I don't want to pay what some lawyers here are charging $600. Please send me a pm, thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cap-Kilo66</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rundm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sean Cody in Houston can also so do them for diff states.</div></div>

I've tried contacting Sean Cody and no answer. Does anyone have any other contact info for him? </div></div>

He isn't the only person in the state to offer trusts. Do some research and try looking up Apple Law Firm in Florida. They can reach out to a team of lawyers all over the country.

Good Luck