• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Night Enforcer tube specs

hammerkennels

Private
Minuteman
May 25, 2013
Im getting ready to buy a PVS-14 in the next few days.

Opinions on the following "hand select" NEPVS-14-17 tube?

Lum 2352
Rad 259
Halo 0.74
EBI 1.72
2x10-6fc 58300
Res 72
FOM 1865
SN 25.9

Is this a good tube? It is supposed to be image clean.

Hey, you got great resolution, that's maxed out I think. If when you get it and it has more than a tiny black spec or two outside the center, send it back, and if it has one IN the center, sent it back, and if they are larger than specks, send it back --that's part of hand select too, but seldom mentioned as they generally all come with SOME black specks, only hand select is supposed to have fewer and smaller and not in the center of image. They can generally only max the resolution or the signal to noise on the hand select NE units, though TNVC says occasionally they get a tube that maxes both when they assemble 'em, but you gotta wait. I got mine with high signal to noise, and little higher than milspec on the resolution. It was OMNI7, if you can get an OMNI7 build over an OMNI8 build, that's even better. 7 was stricter than 8. Great job going hand select. I went through TNVC and they totally took care of me, and we discussed and chose the numbers for the NODs that I wanted, then I had to wait a month for that EXACT spec model to come in but I got it! And they are the best 14's I've ever used, per a deal with them, I could send 'em back if I could find a better milspec set on Ft. Lewis. Couldn't do it. They took back $900 helmet the mfg. wouldn't take back. Best CS EVER. I only use them now for NV stuff. I hope you chose a good dealer, because they all sell the same stuff, despite what they say. The hand select NE unit is factory made in ITT's cleanroom (another reason I picked that one) so no matter WHO sells it, they're selling the SAME thing. Only difference will be those numbers you listed. So find a good dealer at a good price, if you haven't already pulled the trigger.

I got the NE hand select and TNVC's soft case kit. It eliminates all the milspec junk you don't use, like the Rhino, crappy shroud and skullcrusher, among others, and frees up some cash to go buy a real mount. Also, to save money and get a GREAT headset, the Crye soft cover w/Wilcox "plastic" shroud is AWESOME!! Unless you need a helmet, get that and a good mount, I went with the INVG --but anything with dovetails is best-- and you're off! You can get a helmet and all that shit later if you want or feel you need to.

You didn't mention where you live, but if you live where I do, rainy, cloud covered WA state, you'll want high signal to noise vs. high resolution. It's really paid off for me, and I've used these 14's a lot. I imagine high resolution works best where you have clear skies and perhaps clean air, not a lot of fog and rain, and not a lot of dense, jungle-like tree canopies. Maybe the SE and SW US along with some other states, prairie states and what not. Really, most everywhere but WA, OR, and N.CA, I guess.

Good luck and congrats! Hard to live without 'em once you get used to 'em.