• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Nikon Monarch vs Bushnell 4200 Glass only

Kalman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2011
Dallas, TX
I am wondering if anyone out there has direct experiance on head to head between Nikon's Monarch and Bushnell's elite 4200 line. Looking at the 4-16x power range on both and I'm leaning towards the monarch's but wanted to get some feedback if anyone owned both. It'll be primarily a paper/hunting rifle for under 500 yards. Obviously I won't need the 16X for hunting, that wish is more for paper groups. It'll be going on a 700 5R 308. Just looking for a some feedback on the differences between the glass only.

Re: Nikon Monarch vs Bushnell 4200 Glass only

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kalman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am wondering if anyone out there has direct experiance on head to head between Nikon's Monarch and Bushnell's elite 4200 line. Looking at the 4-16x power range on both and I'm leaning towards the monarch's but wanted to get some feedback if anyone owned both. It'll be primarily a paper/hunting rifle for under 500 yards. Obviously I won't need the 16X for hunting, that wish is more for paper groups. It'll be going on a 700 5R 308. Just looking for a some feedback on the differences between the glass only.
</div></div>

Unfortunately I never got the chance to compare them side by side, but I now own a 3-12 4200 (30mm) and used to own a Monarch. Judging from what I remember, I'd have to say that they are very close in comparisson.

I've looked at them side by side at a gander mountain, the Bushnell was brighter, but I could not distingish a difference in resolution when reading signs across the store. The bushnell had a 50mm objective and the Nikon a 44mm, so that may have made a difference in brightness.

Between the 2 there isn't a whole lot of gain or loss IMO.

Kinda a coin flip.