• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes nikon pro staff 5

jlaz90

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2013
Has anyone used any of the nikon pro staff 5 series. I see they come in a 2.5x10x40 and 3.5x14x40. was just wondering how they worked in the field, I need to get a new piece of glass for a deer rifle up in PA and i heard they were durable and quality for the cost. I dont really want to spend more then $400 so thats why i was looking toward this. Any insight would help. Its going on a savage 111 in .270 we shoot anywhere from 50yds out to about 750yds. and its not always the most well lit area

I have used the Nikon PROSTAFF 5 on a .308 to shoot to 500 yards using the BDC reticle. Even though I have done this many times I am always in awe of how accurate the BDC reticle and Spot On make a rifle. I think it would work well for you, the New PROSTAFF 5 has parallax adjustment and upgraded coating's on all glass surfaces. Another choice which is a step up but still in your price range is Nikon's Monarch 3. I have also used this scope and found it very clear through all magnification settings and the BDC reticle worked just as it should. The MONARCH 3 3-12 BDC would probably work perfectly for your needs and it is backed by Nikon's outstanding reputation for great glass. Drop me a note if you have any question's and I'll do my best to answer them for you.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/MONARCH 3/bartspoton.jpg