• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors No Suppressors During LA Hunting Season?

TheCivilian

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2009
Louisiana, USA
Spoke to a Game Warden yesterday and he said we wouldn't be able to shoot hogs(or any unregulated quadrapeds for that matter) with suppressed firearms during the Louisiana hunting season(Sept.-March). What gives? I thought the new legislation would now allow this? Did I misunderstand? Can anyone clarify?

Thanks in advance guys.

Re: No Suppressors During LA Hunting Season?

Had the same conversation with local game warden, he said the same here in Mo. so I called his boss and asked the question and he said yes we could as long as I had the proper documentation.
I got the reply in an email for carrying around with my paperwork.
I also called my local game warden and told him, he said he would contact his boss and call me back, have not heard a thing from him since.
smile.gif

Game wardens are idiots. I had an old gray haired fudd game warden try to take my can when I was groundhog hunting because "silencers are illegal".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheCivilian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Spoke to a Game Warden yesterday and he said we wouldn't be able to shoot hogs(or any unregulated quadrapeds for that matter) with suppressed firearms during the Louisiana hunting season(Sept.-March). What gives? I thought the new legislation would now allow this? Did I misunderstand? Can anyone clarify?

Thanks in advance guys. </div></div>

I am pretty sure that the GW is right, as much as I do not want him to be. But I think that the law says something like from March 1 - September 30. I have not gotten a new hunting pamplet to see if it is in there yet. But everything I heard about the bill said that. It is a small step in the right direction, but it is so hot here during the summer that I do not feel like getting out there and messing with hogs.

If somebody knows different, please let me know.

I know what you mean PWC(about the heat). I thought we were in business come December-January after the frosts and the hogs really start moving(at least where we're at). But I spoke to the warden captain yesterday over the phone and he concurred that suppressors would only be allowed from March to September. Frickin' Bummer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Game wardens are idiots. I had an old gray haired fudd game warden try to take my can when I was groundhog hunting because "silencers are illegal". </div></div>

+1

It seems fines and intimidation are their goals.

From LA DWF website:

"Beginning Aug. 15, 2011, outlaw quadrupeds may be taken at night using sound suppressors on the firearm(s) utilized. Anyone using such a weapon must have in possession a valid permit issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. The use of sound suppressed weapons is restricted to the take of outlaw quadrupeds, including armadillos, coyotes and feral hogs, from March through August on private property."

They want to make sure we play nice with the cans for the first year. That's why I hunt in MS. You can shoot anything legal, any time of the year with a suppressor.