• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Norma Golden Target Match 6.5CM 143gr

Very nice. Hopefully the prices stay relatively low. At the rate Norma has raised their prices (for ex $52 for their Bondstrike now), I would hope to see these nice results.

So i ordered 700 rounds of this to test. It ended up shooting a bit slow (2650) but I was getting about 10-15 SD and really good grouping. At $22 a box, I ordered 4000 more rounds and will be shooting it in a bunch of PRS matches this year I dont feel like reloading. Does anyone have a trued G7 BC?

Norma States .324
PDM states .301

With both I am a tenth low at 600.

Reactions: kcormack
I just found some for about $24 a box shipped. I shall try this out. As I don't see me reloading rifle ammunition anytime soon. I'm just not OCD enough lol....

I have a case on the way because newborns are exhausting lol

I’d rather sleep than reload

I’ve finished my first case of this stuff, so far it’s pretty good for the price. Real average seems to be about .7 moa, plenty good for practice and local matches, probably even an NRL Hunter match. It will group 3-4 on top of each other and then throw one or two. (Other groups not pictured).

Have only tested to 550 yards for distance, need to run it to 1k.

10 shot strings over chrono aren’t great, ES of 50 fps, SD 16 or so.

I’ll probably get more because the brass is supposedly good and it’s nice shooting more and reloading less.

Attachments

• 45049AFE-3DCB-43E4-AB3A-F59C00A4FF5D.jpeg
    45049AFE-3DCB-43E4-AB3A-F59C00A4FF5D.jpeg
    505.5 KB · Views: 42
This stuff continues to impress the shit out of me. I had 7 rounds left in the box, so I loaded them up and shot this little group. I am actually finding this stuff to be more consistent than Hornady ELD-M as of late. It also doesn’t seem to wind sensitive as ELDM’s. Agreed with above, hopefully this stuff stays affordable as my AXSA loves it.
83BEFFA6-9A72-40D3-B762-98F541DCC7ED.jpeg

Reactions: AK74U
I agree. The stuff has been awesome in my rifle. And at about $24 a box, hard to go wrong compared to other prices.

Just a bit of an update. I have shot 2 prs matches with this ammo so far, a 1 day and 2 day. My usual PRS load is 109 bergers at 2940 that shoots 3/8" with about a 4 SD. This ammo is closer to 1/2 moa with about a 10-14 SD. At $22 a box, It costs the same as my reloads, but when you subtract the cost of selling the brass, it brings it down to like $12 a box, which is nuts. I don't think I missed any targets due to the ammo, they were all me. If I had even a suspect that the ammo was an issue, I wouldn't shoot it.

Now that the barrel is sped up, its shooting right over 2700 with a 26" hawk hill.

I have about 450 down the tube so far and about 3500 more stashed away. Actually thinking of buying some more, it shoots so well and these prices can't stay cheap forever. Headed up to another 1 day next weekend known for high winds and challenging COF with small targets.

Reactions: FNG1001
Just a bit of an update. I have shot 2 prs matches with this ammo so far, a 1 day and 2 day. My usual PRS load is 109 bergers at 2940 that shoots 3/8" with about a 4 SD. This ammo is closer to 1/2 moa with about a 10-14 SD. At $22 a box, It costs the same as my reloads, but when you subtract the cost of selling the brass, it brings it down to like $12 a box, which is nuts. I don't think I missed any targets due to the ammo, they were all me. If I had even a suspect that the ammo was an issue, I wouldn't shoot it.

Now that the barrel is sped up, its shooting right over 2700 with a 26" hawk hill.

I have about 450 down the tube so far and about 3500 more stashed away. Actually thinking of buying some more, it shoots so well and these prices can't stay cheap forever. Headed up to another 1 day next weekend known for high winds and challenging COF with small targets.
Is the brass worth keeping for future reloads?

So I just shot my 3rd match with this stuff and am super impressed. Has settled at 2715 out of a 26" HH. SD is about 12 and ES around 35. Settled on .315 G7 and matches up out to 1100. Not one bad primer or issue in about 650 rds fired so far. This stuff is a sleeper round and totaly capable of winning PRS matches with ( if I was good enough of a shooter).

Reactions: tam4511
Have you had any issues with your firing pin? I've had a few issues with mine getting stuck shooting this ammo.

This stuff continues to impress the shit out of me. I had 7 rounds left in the box, so I loaded them up and shot this little group. I am actually finding this stuff to be more consistent than Hornady ELD-M as of late. It also doesn’t seem to wind sensitive as ELDM’s. Agreed with above, hopefully this stuff stays affordable as my AXSA loves it.View attachment 8106227

I have shot multiple 10 shot strings with this ammo, SD of 11 and ES around 35-40. Average velocity of 2645 out of 24" barrel. However, last long range outing I either wrote down my dope incorrectly or either the BC or Hornady 4DoF was way off.

Can anyone recommend a BC calculator that seems to handle this ammo well, or seen similar velocities and can say if the BC seemed accurate for the 143s?

I have shot multiple 10 shot strings with this ammo, SD of 11 and ES around 35-40. Average velocity of 2645 out of 24" barrel. However, last long range outing I either wrote down my dope incorrectly or either the BC or Hornady 4DoF was way off.

Can anyone recommend a BC calculator that seems to handle this ammo well, or seen similar velocities and can say if the BC seemed accurate for the 143s?
The only ballistic cal you should use is AB... trash everything else.

Reactions: tam4511
That sounds off. I had to back down to .315 to get this to true up. I would double check waterline dope, that BC is higher than published, which is known to already be too high. Hell the PDM has it listed at .301.

That sounds off. I had to back down to .315 to get this to true up. I would double check waterline dope, that BC is higher than published, which is known to already be too high. Hell the PDM has it listed at .301.
Head shots at 300 and back to back hits at 1000 speak for them self 🤷‍♂️
Dope was dead nuts

I got the .322 value from someone else in this thread who trued with the same value. I used it as a starting point and was able to wlk it out to 1k without adjusting a thing.
And i may he wrong but the bc values that show under PDM's arent the actual value. They show a filler number and hide the actual value iirc from my advanced kestrel class.

Have you had any issues with your firing pin? I've had a few issues with mine getting stuck shooting this ammo.
Yup

Piece of the primer sometimes get lodged in the bolt body. It gets through the firing pin hole in the bolt face. Firing pin gets jammed and the gun won’t fire.

Doesn’t happen on my AT but happens on the AXMC. Not sure why. Has never happened with any other ammo either. Primer left in the pocket looks like it has a huge hole in it. It only happens 1 round in 20?

Check the fp opening on the AXMC. Sounds like a clearance issue, allowing primer to flown into cavity. Might have to bush it to prevent this from happening.

I have an AXSA, '14 model. I'm hoping once I go out again, I can try to see the round count before it happens.

Yup

Piece of the primer sometimes get lodged in the bolt body. It gets through the firing pin hole in the bolt face. Firing pin gets jammed and the gun won’t fire.

Doesn’t happen on my AT but happens on the AXMC. Not sure why. Has never happened with any other ammo either. Primer left in the pocket looks like it has a huge hole in it. It only happens 1 round in 20?
Check the fp opening on the AXMC. Sounds like a clearance issue, allowing primer to flown into cavity. Might have to bush it to prevent this from happening.

Seems the price is creeping up on these and they are becoming less and less of a deal.

i just ordered what will likely be my last case if it continues. I am hopeful that we are just in the down period before norma sends a big run out though.

If not, it’s within a box cost of hornady match already by the case, I mostly bought it for the brass pile this time tbh but it does shoot well in my rifles

I’ve noticed the same thing, trouble is it’s seems to be more consistent in my rifle, compared to Hornady as of late.

So even at 25 bucks a box, it’s still a better deal for me.

Reactions: DangerRanger
I was unable to get it at 25 per box this time. The cheapest I could find out the door was 295 a case

Reactions: 800mZero
Yeah if anyone knows where to get this stuff for sub 300$ a case, let me know, I'd buy a few. Building a local prs club Loaner rig and some cheap ammo/muzzle tuner to dial the rifle would be a huge convenience, and just charge shooter the ammo costs.

Not a bad price, I'll order some. Anyone try the 130gr stuff?
The old 130gr stuff was tits, my favorite load. I sold my remaining 143gr cases in the PX for less than $300 and bought a load of the 130gr.

It seems like they are producing the 130 again
Yes they are finally producing it again I got a case last week, I like the 130's a lot, last range trip average velocity 2896, ES 20, SD 6, shoots really well in my rifle. Surgeon 591, Bartlein #4 profile 25" Manners EH1-A. I have a case of Federal GMM Berger OTM Hybrid, have not shot any yet, hope it shoots as well as the Norma.

Yes they are finally producing it again I got a case last week, I like the 130's a lot, last range trip average velocity 2896, ES 20, SD 6, shoots really well in my rifle. Surgeon 591, Bartlein #4 profile 25" Manners EH1-A. I have a case of Federal GMM Berger OTM Hybrid, have not shot any yet, hope it shoots as well as the Norma.
I use the 130s exclusively. Have a lot of old PRIME, Berger and FGMM.

The FGMM is crazy good out of my AXMC using a Bartlein Heavy Palma 27" barrel. It exceeds everything in terms of group size and consistency. The Berger cartridge is as good maybe a little better but a lot more money. I'll have to try the NORMA 130s now that they are in production again.

I use the 130s exclusively. Have a lot of old PRIME, Berger and FGMM.

The FGMM is crazy good out of my AXMC using a Bartlein Heavy Palma 27" barrel. It exceeds everything in terms of group size and consistency. The Berger cartridge is as good maybe a little better but a lot more money. I'll have to try the NORMA 130s now that they are in production again.
I think you will like the Norma 130's it shot better than all the Hornady I have, cant wait to get the Federal 130's out to the range, also just got a couple cases of 223 FGMM 77 gr need to get out and shoot some of that too.

Reactions: Nik H
I think you will like the Norma 130's it shot better than all the Hornady I have, cant wait to get the Federal 130's out to the range, also just got a couple cases of 223 FGMM 77 gr need to get out and shoot some of that too.
I’ll give it a shot for certain. This is from yesterday’s fun. 10 shot 0.61 MOA group at 300 yards using the FGMM 130s.

This is typical from that ammo

Ballistic-X-Export-2023-06-05 13:38:36.662135.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TheOE800
I have been eyeballing the Norma 143gr for a while but I have a bunch of Hornady 140 & 147gr so just have not got any, guess I have been waiting for the 130gr to come back and now it has. Nik H I'm with you going to use the 140 & 147 I have and stick with 130gr exclusively.

Curious why you guys are running the 130's over the 143's? I've yet to buy any quantity of it (had it in the cart multiple times so sad to see prices today), but will be running mostly through an 18" gasser

I’m considering 130s for a short barrel to get speed up a bit over 2500. But for my 26” I don’t see the point. It’s the same wind hold with a 10mph crosswind at 1k

I’m considering 130s for a short barrel to get speed up a bit over 2500. But for my 26” I don’t see the point. It’s the same wind hold with a 10mph crosswind at 1k
The 130 grain has an advantage of 2 Mils in Elevation and 0.6 Mils advantage in a 10 mph crosswind at 1,000 yards

Only gets more pronounced as distance gets further

Last edited:
The 130 grain has an advantage of 2 Mils in Elevation and 0.6 Mils advantage in a 10 mph crosswind at 1,000 yards

Only gets more pronounced as distance gets further
At what speeds? I’m at 2740 with a 26” and estimated 2870 with 130s the wind hold is dead on 2.1 mrad in AB for me?