• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sea sponge

Attachments

• IMG_9119.jpeg
    IMG_9119.jpeg
    365.8 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: BurtG
Chocolate chip cookie dough 🍪
I looks like it gives some sort of dazzle camouflage effect. I bet it just disappears.

I don't know if I will ever paint a chassis or receiver because I suck at painting and would never be able to pick a color but I can definitely appreciate a nice paint job.

Reactions: Marv1358
Nope.

Looks like the action is getting machined like the AXSR to save weight. And the PRO model includes the hinge and bridge out of the box like rumored.

The lighter weight action is interesting. My AXSR is a few pounds lighter than my AT-X which always feels counter intuitive. The ability to get a bit lighter if desired on the AT-X is a nice option because weights can always bring back up the weight if desired.

Nope.

Looks like the action is getting machined like the AXSR to save weight. And the PRO model includes the hinge and bridge out of the box like rumored.

The lighter weight action is interesting. My AXSR is a few pounds lighter than my AT-X which always feels counter intuitive. The ability to get a bit lighter if desired on the AT-X is a nice option because weights can always bring back up the weight if desired.
It looks to me as if the scope picatinny
is also taller?

The balance point on .mil rifles needs to be better out of the box. IF you solve CoG in maths / excel, you start to see some of these things pretty obviously. A ±3lb action is a pig of a rifle when built up, with a counterweight, to balance on a forward balance point.

Last edited:
Does anyone have an exploded view of the cheek riser mechanism? This is a part of my rifle that fell out at the range. It's a broken piece from the mechanism that grips the cheek riser post as the thumb screw is tightened.

I'd like to see the part diagram so I can describe it to Mile High tomorrow.
I had the same problem too. MH is sending me a new part.

Sorry to hear that man, I've never had a factory AI barrel that was a problem.

There are so many variables, some issues are a lot more sensitive than others. At the end of the day, everything should be assessed and overall - as an interested precision rifle shooter, everything is your fault.

Hand loads / factory ammo
Muzzle brake on / off
Cleaning style
Wind / environment
Optic quality
Torque specs adhered to
Personal shooting ability
Damage
Round count
Ammunition consistency
Accuracy expectations
etc.

Hopefully it comes back quickly and you can get down to business.
There’s been a pile of reports of bad barrels with the early atx s

I sold my barrel as I had a pile from my axsa so can’t report

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
May have to wait until after SHOT for final pricing on each specific variation. That's ballpark that was given to my guys at SHOT.

But, details still being released/finalized.

What a joke
Not really,

I’m hoping the comp model comes in around $7k. That means guys like you and I with earlier versions who already added the bridge/folder etc will have guns worth well over $5k. Especially if the new action isn’t night and day difference. According to guys comparing ATX and AXSR the action won’t be an omg experience between the two

Best case for current ATX owners is if these come out $6500/$7000/$7500 accordingly

I’ll never pay that for an ATX. I’ll shop for a used AXSR for that price. But if I can get a lot more than what I have into my ATX which isn’t a lot I’ll entertain a upgrade

Not really,

I’m hoping the comp model comes in around $7k. That means guys like you and I with earlier versions who already added the bridge/folder etc will have guns worth well over $5k. Especially if the new action isn’t night and day difference. According to guys comparing ATX and AXSR the action won’t be an omg experience between the two

Best case for current ATX owners is if these come out $6500/$7000/$7500 accordingly

I’ll never pay that for an ATX. I’ll shop for a used AXSR for that price. But if I can get a lot more than what I have into my ATX which isn’t a lot I’ll entertain a upgrade

Yep, I'm in for about $5,200 for my gen 3 elitest of all sand including the folder, bridge, and "grip" in the back (probably should have went with a better bag rider). I am glad that I made my purchase when I did, because I wouldn't be in the market for anything once you get over $6K. It is not because they aren't "cool"...I can just build a whole hell of a lot with that $$$ and still have quite a bit leftover to put towards an optic. I'll GBPSE now...

Key lok is superior and is internally flush
Was thinking same thing. Key slot sits flush in the forend. So either you add size to the overall forend or your really limited to barrel shank and taper

The only thing keyslot does is limit accessories or at least cheaper accessory options. Beyond that it will be superior to mlok

Many confuse keyslot and keymod. Then compare the drop tests done to assume mlok is more durable. Guaranteed nothing on a keyslot is moving unless you want it to. Even if it comes loose to a certain extent it’s still not coming off

The ATX launch, revisions, and crazy short lifespan has been pretty shitty imo.
Yep, the way certain people frothed over it, made videos of it being a gamechanger blah blah. Waited 18 months and sold it with in a few. Mil one does look cool though but imagine be over priced and another 18 months. All too much of a wank for me.

Yep, the way certain people frothed over it, made videos of it being a gamechanger blah blah. Waited 18 months and sold it with in a few. Mil one does look cool though but imagine be over priced and another 18 months. All too much of a wank for me.

I don’t have an issue with the ATX as a product - I really like my buddies. Just the Gen1/2/3 -> jks end of life product anyway, doesn’t sit well with me.

Was thinking same thing. Key slot sits flush in the forend. So either you add size to the overall forend or your really limited to barrel shank and taper

The only thing keyslot does is limit accessories or at least cheaper accessory options. Beyond that it will be superior to mlok

Many confuse keyslot and keymod. Then compare the drop tests done to assume mlok is more durable. Guaranteed nothing on a keyslot is moving unless you want it to. Even if it comes loose to a certain extent it’s still not coming off
Thank you for the insight. I Wasnt aware.

Anybody pre order the either of the new ATX’s? Just curious what the wait time is. I remember for the original they said April/May and ended up being August. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Also, what’s the deal with the high action rail. I see it is now discontinued? (29394BL) Do the new ones come with it on it or will there be another model rail coming out. I was just ready to pick up another ATX to get back into comps but figured I may as well wait til for the new ones now but was hoping not to have to wait until the year is over before I get one. 😂😂

Anybody pre order the either of the new ATX’s? Just curious what the wait time is. I remember for the original they said April/May and ended up being August. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Also, what’s the deal with the high action rail. I see it is now discontinued? (29394BL) Do the new ones come with it on it or will there be another model rail coming out. I was just ready to pick up another ATX to get back into comps but figured I may as well wait til for the new ones now but was hoping not to have to wait until the year is over before I get one. 😂😂
As if it wasn't confusing and frusterating enough being an AI owner.... but in another thread someone mentioned 29390BL is now the part you want for the high action rail. I recently snagged one at eurooptic and while it doesn't say in the description my invoice says 29390BL is just the 29394BL and the mounting hardware.
1709589493665.png

I think a similar thing happened to the colinear full bridge rail as well and confusion on what they were was the only reason they were still in stock for me to grab them.

Still missing a dark earth rear grip assembly and hinge though...