• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

After a lot of head scratching and frustration with my butt pad falling off, another member mailed his to me to try out . Turns out that his pad works flawlessly and mine falls off regularly. Can't visually tell any difference between the two, but something is definitely wrong with mine .

I'll be calling DT tomorrow to see about a replacement. What should I expect from them seeing as I'm not the original owner?

After a lot of head scratching and frustration with my butt pad falling off, another member mailed his to me to try out . Turns out that his pad works flawlessly and mine falls off regularly. Can't visually tell any difference between the two, but something is definitely wrong with mine .

I'll be calling DT tomorrow to see about a replacement. What should I expect from them seeing as I'm not the original owner?

They have been near zero help in me trying to purchase updated panels and a few accessories for my Covert. One response per day by email, I respond immediately, and don’t hear back until the next day. Then a salesman was going to contact me so I could buy what the CS rep suggested, still haven’t heard anything after 3-4 days.

Desert Tech CS = meh, so far.

Ive had good two experiences one for the cheek piece, a stripped screw and another for an extractor spring. No issues with any of the above.

I do want to add, I don’t tend to write-off a company over something that could have been related to the mishandling of one item. Maybe DT will contact me this week. Just frustrating when you have to pay a premium to upgrade a rifle, then beg for someone to take the money from you.

sOdDD0Kl.jpg

Finished the single shot adapter. Added an over insertion tab and a few other little things. If anyone would like the STL file to print their own, I'm offering it to you for free. I use a .2mm layer height and 15-20% infill. Haven't seen the need for anything more detailed or more dense. If someone doesn't have a 3D printer and would like one, I'll drop one in the mail for $10.
I’d like one. I’ll pm you tomorrow afternoon or so. I’d like to maybe try a single shot in a .375 caliber sometime. Idk. Probably should just save for an hti. Anyways I’ll send pm tomorrow.

If dt doesn’t give you a butt pad, I have one you can have. I use the adjustable one from sonic crack.

I never had any issues when I needed a new mag release. I’m the second owner of my Covert.

I’d like one. I’ll pm you tomorrow afternoon or so. I’d like to maybe try a single shot in a .375 caliber sometime. Idk. Probably should just save for an hti. Anyways I’ll send pm tomorrow.

Can you get a .375 bolt face for an SRS, and is the action/bolt up to snuff for these XL magnums? Single shot SRS would be a cool way to play around with these big boys.

I would think it would be pretty easy to simply neck up a 338 Lapua to 375 in the SRS platform. I’d admit to have thought about that myself.

I think you may find yourself asking the same question though; do I run a .243 shooting the 115 gr DTAC or go 7mm-08 and run 120 gr?

sOdDD0Kl.jpg

Finished the single shot adapter. Added an over insertion tab and a few other little things. If anyone would like the STL file to print their own, I'm offering it to you for free. I use a .2mm layer height and 15-20% infill. Haven't seen the need for anything more detailed or more dense. If someone doesn't have a 3D printer and would like one, I'll drop one in the mail for $10.

I just wanted to thank srt for making the STL available for this adapter, and even to make them for those without 3D printers. A great contribution to the community.

Who is running rings on their DTA? I have been getting neck aches because I have to put the cheek rest up high. Probably my personal anatomy and face shape contributing to this. I run a ADM mount that's 1.5 high with 20moa. I think I can run my SnB with 56mm objective 1/4 inch lower if I go with rings. I know I will probably have to give up the 20moa of angle I get with a unmount. Anyone have experience with this. Opinions appreciated.

Im running Spuhr SP-4802 34mm, 1.5" 44.4 MOA cant with a Vortex HD G2 4.5-27x56 with AAD Mount caps, and I have about a hundredth of an inch of clearance, and about 3 hundredths of clearance with the sunshade and no caps, Im not able to run caps with the sunshade. Most 56mm objectives require a 1.5" mount anyways. With a 50mm or smaller objective, youll be able to drop the mounts a little bit lower.
However, if your neck is hurting while in the prone, you need to adjust your position, lower or raise the bipods (most likely raise), straighten out (spine parallel with the axis of the bore), dont torque your neck on to the cheek rest, dont scrunch your shoulders, etc.

Im running Spuhr SP-4802 34mm, 1.5" 44.4 MOA cant with a Vortex HD G2 4.5-27x56 with AAD Mount caps, and I have about a hundredth of an inch of clearance, and about 3 hundredths of clearance with the sunshade and no caps, Im not able to run caps with the sunshade. Most 56mm objectives require a 1.5" mount anyways. With a 50mm or smaller objective, youll be able to drop the mounts a little bit lower.
However, if your neck is hurting while in the prone, you need to adjust your position, lower or raise the bipods (most likely raise), straighten out (spine parallel with the axis of the bore), dont torque your neck on to the cheek rest, dont scrunch your shoulders, etc.

I thought it could be my body position just as you state, however I have gone over it time and time again. The issue is ergonomics of my setup.

I would think it would be pretty easy to simply neck up a 338 Lapua to 375 in the SRS platform. I’d admit to have thought about that myself.

I think you may find yourself asking the same question though; do I run a .243 shooting the 115 gr DTAC or go 7mm-08 and run 120 gr?
I have the .585 bolt face for the 338lm and the .540 bolt face for the win mags. I wonder what velocity I could get with a 350gr bullet 375-338lm in a long barrel. Would it be to slow ?

They have been near zero help in me trying to purchase updated panels and a few accessories for my Covert. One response per day by email, I respond immediately, and don’t hear back until the next day. Then a salesman was going to contact me so I could buy what the CS rep suggested, still haven’t heard anything after 3-4 days.

So you called on a Thursday, were handed over to another person, who emailed you five times within the hour, and they didn't get back to you till today? 3-4 days including the weekend and a holiday isn't bad. Maybe I'm missing something...

So you called on a Thursday, were handed over to another person, who emailed you five times within the hour, and they didn't get back to you till today? 3-4 days including the weekend and a holiday isn't bad. Maybe I'm missing something...

Good on you for calling this shit out, I posted a couple days ago how great customer service is going at DT. You guys are doing a great job, I’ve had great experiences.

Looks interesting, but not long enough to leave my suppressor on with 26" barrel. That's why I ended up with a Pelican 1750, and also why I have a 1720 that I would be willing to deal on: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/pelican-1720-hard-case.6803982/#post-6874537
Do you mind posting a pic of your set up in the case? Im tossing around various ideas and i may end up cutting a custom lay out on my own. I like the idea of having the complete rifle in there with can in place as well.

i will concede the 3-4 days was wrong and ran into the weekend.

- Inquired about upgrading skins Tuesday night.
- General concensus Thursday (after a couple back and forth emails wed/thurs) is that A1 skins cannot ever be put on a Gen 2, Gen 2 skins aren’t available anymore, and I can’t use A1 as DT won’t machine the chassis for the cheek rest.
-Passed to another employee (still Thursday) who has a Gen 2 set for sale.
-talk with him, but pass as the skins are used and have been painted.
-Nothing Friday.
-As I said above, someone may contact me today, and a gentleman named Ryan contacted me.
-Ryan awares me that they have HUNDREDS of NEW pair of Gen 1 and Gen 2 panels in the warehouse (rather than being passed to an employee who is selling a set of their own old panels.)
-Ryan will likely get back to me with a quote for panels and some other items tomorrow, but again, another day goes by.

Does it seem like I’m over-reacting and should instead be amazed with my experience so far? Also have a suspicion you are the first guy I was emailing at DT, as you seem to know a lot of info I didn’t post.

Good on you for calling this shit out, I posted a couple days ago how great customer service is going at DT. You guys are doing a great job, I’ve had great experiences.

Calm down buddy. A good experience by one doesn’t mean every experience for everyone else will match. I’m not trying to find problems with them. I’ve been trying to get a straight answer on skin options for a Gen 2 since early last week.

I love DT. They are located 15 minutes from my home town. I have had a couple of them. My buddies have them. It’s all good. Just seems like it’s tough to get an answer and order placed.

Last edited:
I thought it could be my body position just as you state, however I have gone over it time and time again. The issue is ergonomics of my setup.

I run the normal height ARC mount. I believe it is 1.38", but I am using the AMG that has a 50mm objective. I have a slimmer face, and have some of the same problems, but this set up works good for me.

Reactions: Sako man
Quick rewind on the fluting the tennon questions. How much weight can be saved fluting the tennon? Is it even worth it? Or if you can save say 4+ oz can it be done with a wider peak with chamfers such that it isn't so aggressive? Seems like the aggressive spiral flutes would be most likely to damage the clamping mechanism. Just theorizing, but always interested in ways to shave weight, even if the platform will never be that light, haha.

I'm in the middle of a DT weight loss plan . I'm buying a fluted barrel tomorrow and plan to shorten my hand guard also. I'm hoping to keep my monopod , but might have to ditch that too . I'm going to have to remove my beloved 5-25x56 ATACR and go with my 3-15x50 NSX . I'll be running a 1 lb suppressor and have to get under 16 lbs all up.

I'm at 15.8 lbs now with the big optic, Atlas bipod , non fluted barrel and no suppressor.

I'm in the middle of a DT weight loss plan . I'm buying a fluted barrel tomorrow and plan to shorten my hand guard also. I'm hoping to keep my monopod , but might have to ditch that too . I'm going to have to remove my beloved 5-25x56 ATACR and go with my 3-15x50 NSX . I'll be running a 1 lb suppressor and have to get under 16 lbs all up.

I'm at 15.8 lbs now with the big optic, Atlas bipod , non fluted barrel and no suppressor.

Do you hunt with this rifle? Just wondering how cumbersome it is to carry around, as I’ve never carried any of mine for extended periods.

Ask JFComfort at DMR LLC rifles to spin you up a skinny barrel. I have a 26" 6.5 creed that weighs 3.9 lbs. I don't know what cartridge you're shooting, but if it has a bigger bore and/or you want it shorter it will weigh less than that. My 22" factory fluted .308 weights 4 lbs. SRS chassis is basically 7lbs. Play with the numbers, but you should get under 16lbs easily. I'm running an AMG. I really like my 5-25x56 ATACR too, but I view it as too large for a hunting scope...

Reactions: JFComfort
i will concede the 3-4 days was wrong and ran into the weekend.

Also have a suspicion you are the first guy I was emailing at DT

I am the guy who emailed you after you called, there was no one available in the sales department apparently when you called so he asked if I could try and help. I am glad Ryan got you taken care of, and as always, if you or anybody else needs help with anything, I am happy to be of assistance.

Reactions: GJ0 and kRcu
I do hunt , and my state has a weight limit of 16 lbs for rifles. I'll get there , if it wasn't for the pesky suppressor I'd already be there .

I am the guy who emailed you after you called, there was no one available in the sales department apparently when you called so he asked if I could try and help. I am glad Ryan got you taken care of, and as always, if you or anybody else needs help with anything, I am happy to be of assistance.

Thank you for your follow up. If Ryan can get me squared away tomorrow, all will be well.

Quick rewind on the fluting the tennon questions. How much weight can be saved fluting the tennon? Is it even worth it? Or if you can save say 4+ oz can it be done with a wider peak with chamfers such that it isn't so aggressive? Seems like the aggressive spiral flutes would be most likely to damage the clamping mechanism. Just theorizing, but always interested in ways to shave weight, even if the platform will never be that light, haha.

I actually contacted SAC because they were the ones fluting the tenon and they actually no longer do it. They said bartlien does not recommend it.

Do you hunt with this rifle? Just wondering how cumbersome it is to carry around, as I’ve never carried any of mine for extended periods.

I hunt with mine with an atlas bipod, NF 7-35 ATACR, and 24” barrel. Haven’t weighed it, but it really isn’t bad at all. Especially because all the weight is in the back. I too have contemplated doing a skinny profile barre to save a couple pounds. I just don’t know what caliber. Thinking 28 Nosler, 7LRM, or 300WM. Really stuck on that one haha

Reactions: kRcu

Fluting might shave 8-10 oz from what I’ve read. A skinny barrel or carbon fiber barrel will save you a pound or more. You could do a fluted skinny barrel and that would save a good bit of weight. Then still allow you to keep the ATACR on it.

Fluting might shave 8-10 oz from what I’ve read. A skinny barrel or carbon fiber barrel will save you a pound or more. You could do a fluted skinny barrel and that would save a good bit of weight. Then still allow you to keep the ATACR on it.

Thing you have to be careful with skinny barrels is, I don't think you're going to be able to flute it and still maintain a safe barrel thickness to retain pressure. DT's benefit from that fat tennon, but you could still easily be at 45-50 kpsi at 5" down the barrel still according to Quickload. Most barrel manufacturers have a minimum contour that they will flute.

Every chance I get
FE6FB179-DEDF-41C7-92F0-D8E3EFCE67EB.jpeg
0B9D45CA-BD61-4664-B97A-BFBA7A2F214C.jpeg

Attachments

• 1D3CAAFA-5CFC-4AA7-BC74-1B7EFCCFB8A2.jpeg
    1D3CAAFA-5CFC-4AA7-BC74-1B7EFCCFB8A2.jpeg
    305.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 0CA3F559-6F0D-46FB-897A-DE4605AE4B5F.jpeg
    0CA3F559-6F0D-46FB-897A-DE4605AE4B5F.jpeg
    385.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 59746FDC-CF6D-4386-A8DE-096CC603EDCD.jpeg
    59746FDC-CF6D-4386-A8DE-096CC603EDCD.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 307186BB-1919-4258-85BD-486C6364AB67.jpeg
    307186BB-1919-4258-85BD-486C6364AB67.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 2251C9A6-DF18-4C44-B251-4C021A261270.jpeg
    2251C9A6-DF18-4C44-B251-4C021A261270.jpeg
    382.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 102E582D-E739-4A1B-80E4-62356F1DDC8B.jpeg
    102E582D-E739-4A1B-80E4-62356F1DDC8B.jpeg
    360.9 KB · Views: 61
I actually contacted SAC because they were the ones fluting the tenon and they actually no longer do it. They said bartlien does not recommend it.

This is great news! I'm meeting another member today to buy a SAC fluted 7 LRM barrel. I'm not stressed out about it , the guy selling the barrel has several thousand rounds fired with fluted tennon barrels of different calibers and never had an issue.

More confusion? I have a Gen2 or at least the Gen2 barrels work on my SRS. Is the SRS A1 the same thing as the Gen2, lastly my skins don't have a cutout for the monopod. If I wanted to run a monopod therefor do I need to upgrade my skins. Anyone got an answer?