• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

I am getting out of the DTA game. I sold off my rifle but have a 6.5x47 barrel and a standard bolt head left. I figured somebody in this thread could use one or both of them. They are posted in the accessories section of the classifieds. Thanks

Reactions: Roadkill4us
I'm developing an expanding 200gr. Maker REX Subsonic load for the DTS 18" .308 barrel with Josh at copper creek. I have 10 trial loads in hand, 5 of each and I plan on shooting over my magneto speed for Velocity and SD. Ill also post bullseye cam photos with spread evaluation at 100 yards.
Let me know if anyone is interested in my results.
View attachment 6882773
I'm very interested although I have 22 inch bbl.

I’m still tinkering with my new Desert Tech 6.5 Creedmoor. I need to get the trigger tuned a little better but I’m still getting 1/4” groups at 150 yards! Not bad I’m impressed! I just need to get another scope mount as well.

What loads are you shooting?

I know a lot of people complain about the ejection of the cases, has anyone tried to upgrade the spring? Just a thought, I may take apart one of my bolts and see if there is room for a stiffer spring without the coils binding when chambering the round

I asked Mark at SAC, he doesn't make them.
I might bring my head to a local guy and see what happens.

I'm getting 1,020 fps from his hottest load which is double black on the picture above. ( far right)
I bet the double purple would work good for you which shot about 950 out of my barrel. Talk to Josh there. He is the guy who just did this developing for me.

Also, those REX projectiles are incredibly accurate and the are devastating.

I'm getting 1,020 fps from his hottest load which is double black on the picture above. ( far right)
I bet the double purple would work good for you which shot about 950 out of my barrel. Talk to Josh there. He is the guy who just did this developing for me.

Also, those REX projectiles are incredibly accurate and the are devastating.

What grain bullets and what charge are you using? Where do I find Josh?

I asked Mark at SAC, he doesn't make them.
I might bring my head to a local guy and see what happens.

All a guy needs is the length and coil diameter, McMaster carr should have any spring you can think of. I will try to mess with it soon to see if I can fuck something up lol

Reactions: Rogerthatout
has anyone had success using the zero offset in ballistic calcs to track poi shift between barrels? or just writing down zeroes and addind or subtracting from your dope?

has anyone had success using the zero offset in ballistic calcs to track poi shift between barrels? or just writing down zeroes and addind or subtracting from your dope?
Do it all the time. My 6.5 creed is 1.2 up and .4 right from my zero. My .223 is 1.5 up and .4 right. Easy calculations. I used to write them down and do the math in my head, but once I figured out how to do it in StrelokPro then I did it that way. Much easier when shooting on the clock.

Do it all the time. My 6.5 creed is 1.2 up and .4 right from my zero. My .223 is 1.5 up and .4 right. Easy calculations. I used to write them down and do the math in my head, but once I figured out how to do it in StrelokPro then I did it that way. Much easier when shooting on the clock.
That’s the kind of input I was looking for
Thank you

Saw this video on YouTube and saw a very interesting rifle in the first 30 or so seconds ;) does this mean a military is using one?

Curious minds would like to know!
I’m aware that certain groups can use whatever they want more or less, but even if it’s the case of just one team that would still be awesome.
If anyone has any insight into this please let me know!

All a guy needs is the length and coil diameter, McMaster carr should have any spring you can think of. I will try to mess with it soon to see if I can fuck something up lol
Let me know on pm if you f it up or make it better. :)

What grain bullets and what charge are you using? Where do I find Josh?
200 grain. Maker REX.
Copper Creek 573-321-4210 he usually answers the phone. If you mention Maker REX expandables he will know which loads you are referring to, we just ordered 100 rounds and its the first time he developed that projectile. He used trailboss and a mahnum primer which is a fast and they did a great job. Pricey, but I'm ok with it as I only reach for that load when I need perfection.

Reactions: Cbrjohnny1
Nothing happening here since Wednesday huh?
Well, I finally got around to slapping some Duracoat on my SRS.
I painted a few AR barrels at the same time.

Before:
WP_20180217_001.jpg

After:
WP_20180224_013.jpg
WP_20180224_011.jpg

Other than upside-down, I've never really understood how a flag can be facing a "wrong" direction, considering you can view a flying flag from any angle in the wild. It seemed appropriate since it's facing the other direction on the opposite side of the mag.
Anyway... no, with the classic Duracoat, it's a 2-part epoxy that air dries.

Actually the flag is facing the correct direction, it's the opposite of the right side. The real problem is the bolt is on the wrong side, at least for me. Really nice looking job on the paint job.

Saw this video on YouTube and saw a very interesting rifle in the first 30 or so seconds ;) does this mean a military is using one?

Curious minds would like to know!
I’m aware that certain groups can use whatever they want more or less, but even if it’s the case of just one team that would still be awesome.
If anyone has any insight into this please let me know!

Check DT's website. Several countries are using them.

Been kinda slow hear. Looking good supressyourself. I like the paint job. Went shooting today at my friends farm. Couple steel plates and 12oz cans at 400yd. That was fun. If you hit it you had to walk down range and change out for a new one. Got some exercise in today.

So I’ve just started using my 338dtss , and I was using my silencer co hybrid and it seems like the dt muffler doesn’t get as hot as the other suppressors . You guys with desert techs cans , do you notice that or is it just me?

Currently, I have 3 conversions and they all shoot great. Two are from SAC and one is a TS Customs. The SAC 223 conversion is especially accurate and will hold 1/4 moa or better with best 5 shot groups in the .1s and an occasional 4 shot group in the .0s at 100 yds. The other two are nearly as good, one being a 260 Rem and the other a 6 Creedmoor.
I finally broke down and ordered a 308 since I have never owned one in the 46 years I've been shooting, believe it or not. I decided to try out a factory barrel in 22" to see how I like it and how it compares to custom conversions for accuracy. All my other conversions are 26", so I wanted to have something a little lighter and more compact. I hope it shoots as well as my customs.

Well, got out today with my new factory 22" 308. Loaded up some Sierra 175s with 42.5gr of RL15. Took one shot to zero the barrel then shot this group...

Zero load development. The factory barrels hang right with my customs for accuracy. Very pleased!

I have even thought about adding the old brush style protectors cars had on the gear shift. Add that to my action to reduce the amount of dust that enters my action. That might help with the bolt smoothness.

Here's a bad pic of what I'm referring to

Attachments

• Shifter%20Handel%20A.jpg
    Shifter%20Handel%20A.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: Sericus
I have even thought about adding the old brush style protectors cars had on the gear shift. Add that to my action to reduce the amount of dust that enters my action. That might help with the bolt smoothness.

Here's a bad pic of what I'm referring to

Dude! I think you're on to something! Dunno how it could be attached though, would have to take apart the chassis to make it look good.

Hi everyone, went to the range the other day and forgot the short throw/stop plug for the DTA in my safe and tho its not a mission ending issue it pissed me off so I designed a replacement, printed out a few and now have one in each of my range bags, case and gun bag so I will always have a spare. no special print settings hear just use what ever your printer likes. The original seems to be made of a better plastic than the PLA I used but figure its not meant as a permanent replacement but more a temp solution. Anyways hope it can help someone out.

Attachments

• DTAShortStop.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 68
Hi everyone, went to the range the other day and forgot the short throw/stop plug for the DTA in my safe and tho its not a mission ending issue it pissed me off so I designed a replacement, printed out a few and now have one in each of my range bags, case and gun bag so I will always have a spare. no special print settings hear just use what ever your printer likes. The original seems to be made of a better plastic than the PLA I used but figure its not meant as a permanent replacement but more a temp solution. Anyways hope it can help someone out.
I had that happen years ago, so I just forgot about it and shot without it, haven't looked back since.

I never had or used the stop plug either....never had a use for it. The bolt works fine without it and I'm in no hurry so haven't had any issues.
No problems removing the butt pad either from here.

Frank

Yea its not an essential piece of the gun, didn't effect how the gun shot, its not like forgetting your mag lol but if anyone wants it the file is there

What are you guys using for a sling ? I don't know shit about flush cups but assume that's what I'm going to need in a sling ? Rifle will be strapped to my pack most of the time while hunting, but I want the option of carrying it with a sling when needed .

Anyone running a 375 CheyTac in their SRS? Wha arethe positives and pitfalls? Single feeding obviously.
I’ve come into bunch of Peterson 375 brass that’s been turned down to .585 bolt face, which is why I’m tossing around the idea.

Last edited:
Anyone running a 375 CheyTac in their SRS? Wha arethe positives and pitfalls? Single feeding obviously.
I’ve come into bunch of Peterson 375 brass that’s been turned down to .585 bolt face, which is why I’m tossing around the idea.
I wanted to try a .375 in front of a large cartridge in the srs but just recently picked up a hti375ct barrel bolt and some brass . Now saving for a hti chassis. So the ct parent cartridge is 505gibbs with a .640 bolt face I think. And you had the brass turned down to a .585 . Interesting. I’d like to see a pic of the turned down brass. If that worked , and safely, way cool .

I bought the brass already turned down from David Tubb; it’s twice fired out of his Tubb Gun.

338 Lapua on left. 375 CheyTac on right
C994C426-E8F7-4F80-98F5-35AC96AB080B.jpeg
D4DFA1B3-4225-44CE-A01B-F627DE0847D8.jpeg

Attachments

• 7CEA2BB0-E18E-436B-A697-94B2C167191F.jpeg
    7CEA2BB0-E18E-436B-A697-94B2C167191F.jpeg
    350.1 KB · Views: 84
  • CF4F4DAE-7D72-478B-A9B9-38CC97544A91.jpeg
    CF4F4DAE-7D72-478B-A9B9-38CC97544A91.jpeg
    269.2 KB · Views: 78