• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Yep I’m on my 10th week from ES. Hopefully I can get it in time to do some hunting before the night season is over.

Got the funds to pull the trigger on an A2 covert chassis! Anyone heard of black Friday sales coming up, or anyone who has good Hide prices?

Thursday Eric let me know my barrel would finish that night. Supposed to ship Monday. I hope it gets in Friday and the weekend gives me some shooting weather.
Well I guess I need to make a phone call on Monday. Thanks for the heads up

Here’s mine with a 300prc barrel from SAC. 26” spiral fluted, patriot brown cerakote. With 3 shot 100 yard group.

Attachments

• 7D0DF5BA-69F8-40B1-8150-2E4A3FEEE2E8.jpeg
    7D0DF5BA-69F8-40B1-8150-2E4A3FEEE2E8.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 9A6EF3EA-EB67-42DD-B692-8C19EBBE0ECE.jpeg
    9A6EF3EA-EB67-42DD-B692-8C19EBBE0ECE.jpeg
    344.1 KB · Views: 150
  • CDACFA1A-9082-460C-A55D-DD1F4DF32B6E.jpeg
    CDACFA1A-9082-460C-A55D-DD1F4DF32B6E.jpeg
    547.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 2713BD53-E5C8-478A-9225-C30846328E4C.jpeg
    2713BD53-E5C8-478A-9225-C30846328E4C.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 164
Here’s mine with a 300prc barrel from SAC. 26” spiral fluted, patriot brown cerakote. With 3 shot 100 yard group.
Very nice! What barrel contour is that? And are you running an Area 419 Hellfire muzzle brake?

I have owned a SRS A1 for many years with a heavy Razor scope. It gets carried to the range. I anted to hunt with it but to impractical and plenty of other guns. But with the new A2 I thought about selling, swapping, having 2 and... I’m going with 2. Just ordered an A2 Covert chassis from Fred at Bison Tactical and last month I ordered a 6.5 Creed and 300 PRC Proof barrels from ES Tactical. I’ll have a range gun and hunting gun and can use my conversions as I like. Also purchased a lighter scope for the A2!

Reactions: Snipe260
I have owned a SRS A1 for many years with a heavy Razor scope. It gets carried to the range. I anted to hunt with it but to impractical and plenty of other guns. But with the new A2 I thought about selling, swapping, having 2 and... I’m going with 2. Just ordered an A2 Covert chassis from Fred at Bison Tactical and last month I ordered a 6.5 Creed and 300 PRC Proof barrels from ES Tactical. I’ll have a range gun and hunting gun and can use my conversions as I like. Also purchased a lighter scope for the A2!

ive been trying to figure out how to make my SRS “huntable” in terms of weight. I, too, have a razor Hd 2 scope and an AADmount. Barrels are 6.5CM, .308, and 28 Nosler. I’ve considered selling my chassis A1 and going to A2 and keeping conversion kits. would also trade out the scope and mount for lighter substitutes. I would target the 11-12 lb range total for rifle. The only downside is that both my chassis and my scope have taken severe hits in value the last 2 years, and I would need to pony up $1000-$1500 to make this whole swap work.

Weight was the reason I went with the A2 over the A1. It’s a lot easier to add weight than it is to take weight off.

Pretty much the same for me. I liked the lighter weight. I set mine up with a 20” 300WM barrel with somewhat thin profile (from DMR) and a Vortex AMG and it was plenty packable for hunting.

Pretty much the same for me. I liked the lighter weight. I set mine up with a 20” 300WM barrel with somewhat thin profile (from DMR) and a Vortex AMG and it was plenty packable for hunting.

what’s your total weight?

That group is with 212 eldx, running around 2950-3050. 225 grain shoot .2” lower. The rifle is unreal with the sac barrel. It does have hellfire break. Shot it suppressed and it kicks like a damn mule!
Those numbers make me happy :] Thanks! I am sending 180s at 2980ish with my 7SAUM out of my SRS. The PRC is a great round!

ive been trying to figure out how to make my SRS “huntable” in terms of weight. I, too, have a razor Hd 2 scope and an AADmount. Barrels are 6.5CM, .308, and 28 Nosler. I’ve considered selling my chassis A1 and going to A2 and keeping conversion kits. would also trade out the scope and mount for lighter substitutes. I would target the 11-12 lb range total for rifle. The only downside is that both my chassis and my scope have taken severe hits in value the last 2 years, and I would need to pony up $1000-$1500 to make this whole swap work.
No kidding. I want to sell my A1 but the A2 release really hurt the A1 owners resale value! My A1 fully loaded with Gen 2 Razor, NO suppressor, (419 brake), slim 7saum barrel and covert handguard is still around 18#. I hiked with it through Colorado for nearly 40 miles over 7 days. Not an easy task but it can be done with a good pack. I am looking for lighter alternatives. I suppose a Carbon Fiber barrel and lighter scope could shave 5# or so off.

No kidding. I want to sell my A1 but the A2 release really hurt the A1 owners resale value! My A1 fully loaded with Gen 2 Razor, NO suppressor, (419 brake), slim 7saum barrel and covert handguard is still around 18#. I hiked with it through Colorado for nearly 40 miles over 7 days. Not an easy task but it can be done with a good pack. I am looking for lighter alternatives. I suppose a Carbon Fiber barrel and lighter scope could shave 5# or so off.
You are saving a pound going to the A2 chassis. Pull the monopod from your A1 for more weight removal.

Reactions: Edgecrusher
I just saw a 10% coupon from ES Tactical on their site, but I could not figure out how to use it. It says barrels and conversion kits but couldn’t use it in the checkout. Would make a conversion kit as low as about $988 and a barrel/extension $608 for button rifled barrels. Hell of a deal.

Reactions: bigwatchpilot
I just saw a 10% coupon from ES Tactical on their site, but I could not figure out how to use it. It says barrels and conversion kits but couldn’t use it in the checkout. Would make a conversion kit as low as about $988 and a barrel/extension $608 for button rifled barrels. Hell of a deal.

I don't see an option for the button rifled barrels as an option for the DTA...

I don't see an option for the button rifled barrels as an option for the DTA...

Reactions: bigwatchpilot

Thank you sir!

Reactions: ChadL
I think Eric has to do I.T. work at night and I'm sure there is plenty to code to get the details right. It works for some links and some products but not all. I'm sure an email to him will take care of what you want. It works for the cut rifle barrels but does NOT work for the button rifle barrels. He said on his Facebook post the it is NOT valid for PROOF barrels.

estac.jpg

Reactions: panhndl
From Facebook:

Black Friday is almost upon us. We Just received a substantial resupply of barrels from Proof Research and should be able to quickly spin these up into drop in barrels for the Desert Tech SRS and Covert Rifles. Use the code “DTPROOFBBL” to save $200 off each custom Proof Research Desert Tech Barrel ordered. We have new barrel lengths, twist rates, and caliber options available. We also have a few finished barrels that are on the shelf and are ready to ship. If you have been eyeing one of these barrels for your Desert Tech, now is the best time to order one up.

#specialpurposerifles #deserttech #proofresearch #accuracymatters #accurate #longrange #longrangehunting #longrangeshooting #precisionrifle #weightloss #worthit #instock #dontwait #onsale #blackfriday

Reactions: PRDRIVER and rydah
I would like to get one but I don't want to buy anything while in the process of changing jobs. Hopefully we will see this deal again.

So how does the SAC 223 conversion work. Will they call and ask for specs on the barrel right before they make it or should I be expecting an email?

i haven’t looked recently, but at one time they had a form on their site that you download and fill out.

I don't know if you guys noticed that SAC is offering 15% off the 223 and 300 blackout conversions. They have a coupon code to enter when checking out.
It would be sweet if some Desert Tech Dealer in Europe started offering these 223 conversion kits.
We miss out on a lot of the good stuff due to ITAR... Or spend insane amounts to get it exported and imported :censored:

Question for you guys who recently bought conversion kits from ES Tactical. Did your bolt and mag ship separately from the barrel? I received my bolt, bolt stop, and mag in a small box on Saturday but the barrel was nowhere to be found. I wanted to check if that was normal before bothering Eric or getting ready to fight USPS Monday.

Yes, mine shipped separately. He used usps for the small stuff and I believe fed ex for the barrel.

Question for you guys who recently bought conversion kits from ES Tactical. Did your bolt and mag ship separately from the barrel? I received my bolt, bolt stop, and mag in a small box on Saturday but the barrel was nowhere to be found. I wanted to check if that was normal before bothering Eric or getting ready to fight USPS Monday.

Same as someone else said. I received my barrel, and then a few days later the bolt.