• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oh Steve, you silly bastard...

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    I have a neighbor ..... Steve.

Steve is a smart guy as evidenced by his bespectacled Mr Beedle looks.

Steve is so smart he has a "Meteor 2016" bumper sticker on his car voicing his displeasure with the 2016 elections, preferring a meteor strike on the planet to any candidate.

I bet Steve watches any show with Neil Degrasse Tyson. Probably anxiously DVRs them, nervous the machine wont record properly.

Anyway Steve and I are outside yesterday shoveling, he his driveway, me mine. Keep that in mind, we were shoveling snow.

So as we shovel Steve asks if I heard the coyotes the other night. One was in the middle of the street, one behind his house and one a street away all calling to each other.

I commented thats neat and Im amazed at the amount of animals now in the neighborhood - coyotes, rabbits, hawks even a rare deer.

and than Steve triggered me.

"Yeah, Its probably due to the winters getting warmer"

Poor Steve you exposed yourself as a total dumb ass as I scooped a full shovel of "tropical" snow.

So I told Steve winters are not getting warmer and pointed out coyotes have those beautiful coats for a reason. I machine gunned him with how the state has done everything it can to destroy the hunting and trapping cultures. In my 45 or so years living in the neighborhood rabbits were non existent but now with enforced leash laws and people choosing to have rats that bark for pets the rabbit population has exploded providing food for the coyotes, foxes and hawks that have had their populations rebound.

Before he could hit me with "We have encroached on their habitat" I added "The coyotes are coming into settled areas as thats where the rabbits and other food are".

So Steve says "Hmmm"...

and immediately moves into "The number of turkeys is unbelievable now a days, at my parents house........."

so I guess turkeys are some tropical bird maybe like a parrot and I explain hunters reintroduced the birds into the western part of the state in 1986 or so and the program has been successful beyond belief. The state touts the program for its success never mentioning sportsmen and probably their Pittman act taxes are the reason why it has succeeded.

When its a heavy snow I usually snow blow the windrow at the end of Steves driveway so he doesnt have to shovel it but I think Ill let him do it from now on to gauge how warm the winters are getting.

Last edited:
    "Winters getting warmer"

....where?.......where is all this 'global warming' the liberals keep promising me?

Ide love to not freeze my nuts off trying to warm my car up in the mornings

I was vacationing in Martha’s Vineyard a few years ago when I noticed a Coyote walking down a sidewalk in front of me and turned into an alley. I mentioned it to a local shopkeeper and questioned how he could have gotten on the island. He said he was well known to the community and hasn’t been a problem and was kind of the town pet. They think he came across one winter when the Sound froze over and been there ever since.

So Steve says "Hmmm"...

and immediately moves into "The number of turkeys is unbelievable now a days, at my parents house........."

so I guess turkeys are some tropical bird maybe like a parrot and I explain hunters reintroduced the birds into the western part of the state in 1986 or so and the program has been successful beyond belief. The state touts the program for its success never mentioning sportsmen and probably their Pittman act taxes are the reason why it has succeeded.

When its a heavy snow I usually snow blow the windrow at the end of Steves driveway so he doesnt have to shovel it but I think Ill let him do it from now on to gauge how warm the winters are getting.

To me it sounds like your neighbor attempted to use a conversational gambit to shift the topic to a more agreeable topic. As he does not have an "I'm with Her" bumper sticker I would try to maintain cordial relations. Of course that does not obligate you to blow his driveway if you do not feel like it, nor do you have to agree with his notions on the climate.

Steve is so smart he has a "Meteor 2016" bumper sticker on his car voicing his displeasure with the 2016 elections, preferring a meteor strike on the planet to any candidate.

I bet Steve watches any show with Neil Degrasse Tyson. Probably anxiously DVRs them, nervous the machine wont record properly.

Anyway Steve and I are outside yesterday shoveling, he his driveway, me mine. Keep that in mind, we were shoveling snow.

So as we shovel Steve asks if I heard the coyotes the other night. One was in the middle of the street, one behind his house and one a street away all calling to each other.

I commented thats neat and Im amazed at the amount of animals now in the neighborhood - coyotes, rabbits, hawks even a rare deer.

Poor Steve you exposed yourself as a total dumb ass as I scooped a full shovel of "tropical" snow.

So I told Steve winters are not getting warmer and pointed out coyotes have those beautiful coats for a reason. I machine gunned him with how the state has done everything it can to destroy the hunting and trapping cultures. In my 45 or so years living in the neighborhood rabbits were non existent but now with enforced leash laws and people choosing to have rats that bark for pets the rabbit population has exploded providing food for the coyotes, foxes and hawks that have had their populations rebound.

Before he could hit me with "We have encroached on their habitat" I added "The coyotes are coming into settled areas as thats where the rabbits and other food are".

So Steve says "Hmmm"...

This reminds me of something/someones I get to see on holidays.
    My BIL has a couple of sisters that are "practicing" vegans.
    Somehow I'm always seated amongst them at dinner time.
    As any opportunity is good for them to expound on the virtues of their eating habits.
    I allow a 5 minute tirade until inserting my input.
    Nothing better than an in depth description of butchering deer and animal husbandry to wet their appetite.

R

So Steve says "Hmmm"...

Are you my doppelgänger? I could nearly repeat this story word for word. Except my neighbor is more worried about deportations. Even though he and his parents and likely his grandparents were all born here. I continue to snow blow his windrow and he's actually a really great guy, husband, father, and neighbor. Glad to have him.

1. I don't make 'friends' w/ any of my neighbors. "Friendly, not friends" is my mantra. Don't need the drama living right next door or across the street.

2. I do not talk politics w/ my neighbors. See rule #1.

All the coyotes destroyed the foxes. So now we have coyotes, rabbits and prairie dogs. The coyotes run up and down the street and are nearly domesticated. The rabbits are everywhere leaving pellets and destroying lawns. Can't wait for my .22 suppressor to get let out of jail.

Reactions: Badfinger
    I live on the edge of Phoenix and the Sonoran desert, my son and I ride our bikes around the neighborhood after dark and it is an unusual night to not see 5 or more coyotes in the ‘hood. There are no stray cats or dogs to be found. ?

Just like trying to move wolves back into Colorado. You will get wolves but way less Elk. Never met half my neighbors for these reasons.

When I lived in NJ we had Coyotes crossing into NYC thru the tunnels. I moved to LA and used to chase coyotes on the weekends on my bicycle. I am now back home in KY where I belong. My neighbors and I kill the coyotes on the weekends for fun & fur, lol. It is nice to have neighbors the know the difference between a 338 Lapua and a 38 special. Neither are very good for hunting coyotes BTW.

Irish

Reactions: Yasherka
    Remote start is your friend
    q2mZL.jpg

Manuel transmission mis amigos....No quiero buscando por mi auto en la mañana

Will one of those remote starter work if you leave it in neutral with the handbrake set?

Run out in your favorite pair of slippers.
    Jump in, start the motor set the emergency brake, pop it in neutral.

Go inside and have coffee.

Hope like hell the brake doesn't freeze...

Haha! I had the same conversation w/ a co-worker yesterday. He got so so wound up because I disagreed w/ his opinion on climate change. He got out a grease marker & drew a chart on the white board, etc. I mentioned that the libtards have been using skewed data from questionable sources for ages. It was amusing to see him get so worked up over a simple disagreement. Maybe I’m an asshole for pushing his buttons. Still LOL.

I was vacationing in Martha’s Vineyard a few years ago when I noticed a Coyote walking down a sidewalk in front of me and turned into an alley. I mentioned it to a local shopkeeper and questioned how he could have gotten on the island. He said he was well known to the community and hasn’t been a problem and was kind of the town pet. They think he came across one winter when the Sound froze over and been there ever since.

Monomoy Island, Chatham, occasionally has a Coy make the trip across the ice and the dog has a field day with the birds, deer and etc that thrive over there with no predators.

Than the libs think its okay to blast the dog if it saves the plovers.

I have my beliefs and Steve has his beliefs. I respect Steves beliefs.

Thing is he states his shit based on "what he has heard".

I base my bullshit on what I observe and formulate a correlation that I can defend.

Having lived through the same people tell me to expect a man made ice age, followed by a man made greenhouse to now I should lower my standard of living because there is going to be changes in the weather Ive become a bit skeptical to accepting this settled science that was supposed to be "settled" the last time before it changed.

On a similar story.....

I had three moms in the school yard lamenting the amount of poison ivy on the 20 acre or so conservation land behind my house. They blamed it on "climate change"

They were kind of shocked when I said that having lived there 90 percent of my life I agree that the poison ivy has gone from almost non existant to invasive but rather than basing my theory on some talking head saying "many scientists agree" I posited from experience that when I was a kid all the kids used to play in those woods and in the summer time there would be a new football field sized patch of forest burned weekly as we played with matches and fireworks back there.

Now kids dont play out there and the forest floor is loaded with dead stuff and scrub growth. The old oaks actually look to be dying, many with hollowed trunks and windstorms will bring down big branches.

Not advocating arson but if you want a healthy forest an occasional fire does wonders and "global warming" is a cop out cause for all that ails us.

I have my beliefs and Steve has his beliefs. I respect Steves beliefs.

Thing is he states his shit based on "what he has heard".

I base my bullshit on what I observe and formulate a correlation that I can defend.

Having lived through the same people tell me to expect a man made ice age, followed by a man made greenhouse to now I should lower my standard of living because there is going to be changes in the weather Ive become a bit skeptical to accepting this settled science that was supposed to be "settled" the last time before it changed.

On a similar story.....

I had three moms in the school yard lamenting the amount of poison ivy on the 20 acre or so conservation land behind my house. They blamed it on "climate change"

They were kind of shocked when I said that having lived there 90 percent of my life I agree that the poison ivy has gone from almost non existant to invasive but rather than basing my theory on some talking head saying "many scientists agree" I posited from experience that when I was a kid all the kids used to play in those woods and in the summer time there would be a new football field sized patch of forest burned weekly as we played with matches and fireworks back there.

Now kids dont play out there and the forest floor is loaded with dead stuff and scrub growth. The old oaks actually look to be dying, many with hollowed trunks and windstorms will bring down big branches.

Not advocating arson but if you want a healthy forest an occasional fire does wonders and "global warming" is a cop out cause for all that ails us.
    Poison Ivy = Climate change
    Seems legit...
    I used to laugh off the idea of a zombie apocalypse, but we seemingly have them all around us.

R

Poison Ivy = Climate change
    Seems legit...
    I used to laugh off the idea of a zombie apocalypse, but we seemingly have them all around us.

R

I live in the libtard zone.

They all agree that "man" is the cause of all evil but none are willing to begin the cure starting with themselves.

I love to study archaeology and have done it for many years.
    I too have a couple of Libtard neighbors and am around a lot of Libtard academical types when I attend conferences etc.
    Anytime I am around them and they start spouting that shit I remind them of the Altithermal period, AKA Holocene climatic optimum, a period roughly 9000-5000 years ago where western North America went through a warmer and drier period and a lot of Great Basin as well as other area's lakes dried up resulting in less human activity. This is supported by scientific studies of well stratified sites that most archaeologists know about or should.
    I then ask them if they think that the earths population during that time period had enough camp fires to cause that change? Then I turn and walk away. The look on their faces is priceless. For those that don't know what I am talking about I write the words down and let them do their own research. FM

At least Steve understands the difference between weather and climate. NASA has some great resources if you actually want to understand whats going on.

https://climate.nasa.gov/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ear...data-is-the-biggest-science-scandal-ever.html

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/5/climate-change-whistleblower-alleges-noaa-manipula/

https://principia-scientific.org/nasa-exposed-in-massive-new-climate-data-fraud/

https://realclimatescience.com/2016/12/100-of-us-warming-is-due-to-noaa-data-tampering/

https://science.house.gov/news/pres...nfirms-colleagues-manipulated-climate-records

I see your single "many scientists" info and raise you five "many scientists" of my own.

Our weather record data, or climate data if you prefer, on a system billions of years old is negligible. As the fossil record indicates Antarctica was once a rainforest. Dinsosaur farts did not change that climate nor will man change our present climate except for in small defined areas within a limited radius of a nuclear explosion and only for a short duration.

Volcanoes release tons of particulate at a single belch. Ban volcanoes

The argument is that still man tips the scale just enough to bring the whole thing tumbling down...

Actually at any moment that beast at the center of the solar system could decide to burn hot or cold and has way more to do with any change in climate our short historical record can account for.

If we put a thermostat on the sun you can control climate change.

I will believe in climate change when the 1000 elites telling me I need to change my life to stop it, stop flying their own chartered private aircraft to Davos in order to lecture me.

Last edited:
    I too have a couple of Libtard neighbors and am around a lot of Libtard academical types when I attend conferences etc.
    Anytime I am around them and they start spouting that shit I remind them of the Altithermal period, AKA Holocene climatic optimum, a period roughly 9000-5000 years ago where western North America went through a warmer and drier period and a lot of Great Basin as well as other area's lakes dried up resulting in less human activity. This is supported by scientific studies of well stratified sites that most archaeologists know about or should.
    I then ask them if they think that the earths population during that time period had enough camp fires to cause that change? Then I turn and walk away. The look on their faces is priceless. For those that don't know what I am talking about I write the words down and let them do their own research. FM

Yes all those Mayan megacities caused the vast shallow ocean that used to cover the central US to dry up leaving the magnificent deposits viewed in plain sight at the South Dakota Badlands.

If the Maya had only not flown their 747s to heart chopping out ceremonies.........

Reactions: Foul Mike
    STS043-22-12_pinatubo_ash_limb_620.jpg

Taken by astronauts from the Space Shuttle in early August 1991, this photo of the Earth's limb shows the double layer of volcanic aerosol particles (interpretation from Self et al., 1999) that spread through the stratosphere following the catastrophic eruption of Mt. Pinatubo. Encircling the globe at altitudes even higher than the tops of thunderstorm clouds, the particles reflected so much incoming sunlight that global surface temperatures cooled off for two years. Photo courtesy NASA JSC's Gateway to Astronaut Photography of the Earth.

No one is arguing for more pollution.

The United States has done wonderful things for the environment in my time.

If you want to point the finger go to the emerging economies and shit on them.

We shouldnt arrest our progress and good stewardship of the earth in order to benefit China.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ear...data-is-the-biggest-science-scandal-ever.html

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/5/climate-change-whistleblower-alleges-noaa-manipula/

https://principia-scientific.org/nasa-exposed-in-massive-new-climate-data-fraud/

https://realclimatescience.com/2016/12/100-of-us-warming-is-due-to-noaa-data-tampering/

https://science.house.gov/news/pres...nfirms-colleagues-manipulated-climate-records

I see your single "many scientists" info and raise you five "many scientists" of my own.

Our weather record data, or climate data if you prefer, on a system billions of years old is negligible. As the fossil record indicates Antarctica was once a rainforest. Dinsosaur farts did not change that climate nor will man change our present climate except for in small defined areas within a limited radius of a nuclear explosion and only for a short duration.

Volcanoes release tons of particulate at a single belch. Ban volcanoes

The argument is that still man tips the scale just enough to bring the whole thing tumbling down...

Actually at any moment that beast at the center of the solar system could decide to burn hot or cold and has way more to do with any change in climate our short historical record can account for.

If we put a thermostat on the sun you can control climate change.

I will believe in climate change when the 1000 elites telling me I need to change my life to stop it, stop flying their own chartered private aircraft to Davos in order to lecture me.

I don't have the time or inclination to fact check all of your copy and paste but, I can tell you about the first two links, from the Telegraph and Washington Times. Both of those articles stem from bad info from a right-wing blogger who took a quote by John Bates, (a NOAA scientist) out of context. Bates didn't dispute the data (that the earth was getting warmer) but the rub was how data sets were being used in research.

Let me ask you a question, what resource do you rely on to understand things you don't? Looks to me like you find media reports that align with the narrative demanded by your political ideology. Personally, I don't mix science and politics, it's a bad idea.

gotta stop being nice to these fuktards, treat him like teh condescending POS he really is. Make him move out of the hood, its not that hard to do really.

Reactions: Xshot
    Yes all those Mayan megacities caused the vast shallow ocean that used to cover the central US to dry up leaving the magnificent deposits viewed in plain sight at the South Dakota Badlands.

If the Maya had only not flown their 747s to heart chopping out ceremonies.........
    Not 747s.........spaceships
    f62c5e418ba5a476f78657965d2f-is-the-ancient-astronaut-theory-correct.jpg

4107173.jpg

I don't have the time or inclination to fact check all of your copy and paste but, I can tell you about the first two links, from the Telegraph and Washington Times. Both of those articles stem from bad info from a right-wing blogger who took a quote by John Bates, (a NOAA scientist) out of context. Bates didn't dispute the data (that the earth was getting warmer) but the rub was how data sets were being used in research.

Let me ask you a question, what resource do you rely on to understand things you don't? Looks to me like you find media reports that align with the narrative demanded by your political ideology. Personally, I don't mix science and politics, it's a bad idea.

And you assume all science, especially science that depends on funding of a public nature determined by a political party is unbiased?

They have the integrity to risk funding dollars by providing data that disagrees with the political agenda?

Perhaps the scientist at the beeker level but the administrators are not that ethical and likely not scientists.

Willie Soon is a scientist. He seems to have attracted the ire of the climate change religion, why?

Isnt questioning what we think we know the scientific process?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/s...n-hell-for-un-climate-science/article/2618265

I know its Breitbart but its a pretty good report of the ire that has been directed at Willie Soon.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/02/28/dr-willie-soon-a-scientist-in-the-humble-quest-for-truth/

Last edited:
    Reactions: WATERWALKER
    Stooooop with facts,

And you assume all science, especially science that depends on funding of a public nature determined by a political party is unbiased?

They have the integrity to risk funding dollars by providing data that disagrees with the political agenda?

Perhaps the scientist at the beeker level but the administrators are not that ethical and likely not scientists.

Willie soon is a scientist. He seems to have attracted the ire of the climate change religion, why?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/s...n-hell-for-un-climate-science/article/2618265

Willie soon is a scientist. He seems to have attracted the ire of the climate change religion, why?

I know its Breitbart but its a pretty good report of the ire that has been directed at Willie Soon.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/02/28/dr-willie-soon-a-scientist-in-the-humble-quest-for-truth/

Willie Soon, Ok, this guy:

"He has accepted more than $1.2 million in money from the fossil-fuel industry over the last decade while failing to disclose that conflict of interest in most of his scientific papers. At least 11 papers he has published since 2008 omitted such a disclosure, and in at least eight of those cases, he appears to have violated ethical guidelines of the journals that published his work."

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/22/...-climate-change-researcher-Wei-Hock-Soon.html

You can always google your way to a story that fits your ideological narrative, have at it if your happy being manipulated by politicians and the media.

I took this picture at the gym the other day:

CNN vs FOX.png

This picture describes the problem we face while trying to understand issues. We simply can't rely on the media anymore, if your objective is knowledge and truth you've got to do your own digging and thinking.

This is the only way science can work. Yet, questioning makes you somehow a "non believer". Sounds similar to a certain Puritan era to me.

This was the lesson taught in my science class as to why you question everything and never stop pushing and never, ever assume it's "settled".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Marshall

But for some reason NONE of this applies to "climatologists". In quotes as there never was one 20+ years ago. It's become the most specialized area of science since Al Gore said it was so.

Off to my weekly bloodletting. It's been settled. Leaches cure everything.

1.2 million vs billions to Friends of Gore People Control Cult. We do need a bloodletting to clean up our countries gene pool, not the leech type bloodletting either.

tna9001 you are an arrogant fool who is a danger to us all. go earn a proper living building value instead of sucking the taxpayer dry with your silly religion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climatic_Research_Unit_email_controversy

"He has accepted more than $1.2 million in money from the fossil-fuel industry over the last decade while failing to disclose that conflict of interest in most of his scientific papers. At least 11 papers he has published since 2008 omitted such a disclosure, and in at least eight of those cases, he appears to have violated ethical guidelines of the journals that published his work."

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/22/...-climate-change-researcher-Wei-Hock-Soon.html

You can always google your way to a story that fits your ideological narrative, have at it if your happy being manipulated by politicians and the media.

View attachment 6872658

This picture describes the problem we face while trying to understand issues. We simply can't rely on the media anymore, if your objective is knowledge and truth you've got to do your own digging and thinking.

Reactions: WATERWALKER

View attachment 6872658

Why is it a crime when Texaco funds a study but when Soros does so that is "good science"?

Thats why Ill think for myself and right now my thermometer reads 16 degrees on February 9.

Thats called winter. I expect the climate to change about March 21 that will be spring.

See how it works.

I wont stop driving because of it.

And the Goreites can suck a dick until I see Al Gore downsize his bloated standard of living.

Amazes me you follow a doctrine that allows an elite to live a life they deny you.

Perhaps you are of the elite?

Last edited:
    That’s about the time Mazama blew. Spewing fourth all that pollution into the air. Maybe that’s what precipitated the altathermal?

For our climate change global warming true believers.
    If the "scientists" can predict what the average climate will be 100 years from now I have an minor request.
    Tell me the temperature of Springfield Illinois highs and lows to the degree on the week of May 20-26 2018.
    This should be a minor accomplishment compared to the globe.
    As we are dealing with tenths of a degree in the data forwarded by the "consensus scientists".
    Perfect accuracy is required.

R

Why is it a crime when Texaco funds a study but when Soros does so that is "good science"?

Thats why Ill think for myself and right now my thermometer reads 16 degrees on February 9.

Thats called winter. I expect the climate to change about March 21 that will be spring.

See how it works.

I wont stop driving because of it.

And the Goreites can suck a dick until I see Al Gore downsize his bloated standard of living.

Amazes me you follow a doctrine that allows an elite to live a life they deny you.

Perhaps you are of the elite?

How have you discerned my political ideology? You somehow believe I support Soros? I'll ask again, what resource do you rely on to understand things you don't?

I'll ask again, what resource do you rely on to understand things you don't?
    When did you stop beating your wife?

Not to answer for pmclaine but the resources I use to understand a subject vary with the subject and my previous level of knowledge of the underlying science behind it. Some things I know a lot about, some things I know nothing about, and many things I know something about.

So the short answer is: it depends.

In fact you are with your previous post.
    NASA is a governmental controlled financed entity.
    Don't deflect state your facts to support your stance.

R

So, according to your logic, any government funded agency isn't credible? I'll ask you what I've been asking pmclane, what resource do you rely on to understand things that you don't?