• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

When did Americans become so F*cking Stupid?

The Great Society was the death nail to go along with the New Deal.
You’re 100% on point…hit the nail on the head as it were. Along with expansion of welfare in general, and other bureaucracies. I think the final nail in the coffin was the creation of the Department of Education as someone pointed out above.

That said, to unmix this metaphor:

death knell
[ˈdeTH ˌnel]

NOUN
death knell (noun) · death knells (plural noun) · deathknell (noun) · deathknells(plural noun)
  1. the tolling of a bell to mark someone's death.
    synonyms:
    chime · carillon · ring · ringing · knell · toll · tolling · sound · sounding · clang · boom · resounding · reverberation · change · touch · tocsin · tintinnabulation
    • used to refer to the imminent destruction or failure of something:
      "the chaos may sound the death knell for the peace plan"

😉

And yes, for the other grammar nazis on here, I know ‘unmix‘ isn’t a word…funnier this way, LOL

Reactions: lash
Lots of issues contributing to the countries troubles today. But at some point around the early 90's I think, the education system stopped emphasizing critical thinking skills. Now, none of the younger generations have any common sense or reasoning ability. Once that cause had it's full effect there was no more objective truth. Only subjective truth. Now we have kids identifying as furrys with litter pans for them in school bathrooms.

Imo, the stupidity is directly proportional to technological advancement.

The more advanced we get, the dumber (and fatter) we become.

People have lost the ability to think for themselves (independently)
They have also lost the ability to think critically

Just about anytime I talk to anyone these days, all they can do is say 'I read a study' or 'an expert said' and so on and so on (half the time this translates to 'I read a facebook post' or 'I read a fact checked facebook post')

I am not going to state examples here, but there are some items where you can just apply some logic and basic understanding of the world around you and know the 'Expert' or 'study' is really just an opinion based on how they view certain facts (may not even include all the facts)... but then people take this opinion as a 100% the truth because a self proclaimed expert stated it.

schools don't teach anything meaningful anymore
sports don't teach kids that winning matters
most people do not understand money/finance/math a huge part of everyone's life
identity politics has replaced anything meaningful as the primary focus of many

uneducated people are easy to control
today's world makes it easier for uneducated people to exist

This guy has a ton of video, I didn't know people could be so uneducated. It's sad and funny all at once

This guy has a ton of video, I didn't know people could be so uneducated. It's sad and funny all at once

Even educated people experience vapor lock when on camera with a mic in their face. And, there is no accounting for the number of “uninteresting” interviews per YouTube worthy fails…

People aren't any different (genetically) now than they were a thousand years ago. What has changed is the that the tools the rich (and their minions in government) have to turn us into confused and divided sheep for the shearing have become exponentially better. Our schools, media, and cultural institutions are churning out more and more intellectually stunted midwits ruled by "feelings" basking in the glow of their own ignorance and hating the other "side" because they were told to. Our culture and civilization is circling the toilet bowl due to our ruler's insane greed and lust for power.

This ride is only going to get wilder, god help all of us.

People, as a whole are not getting dumber. But, people, as a rule are becoming increasingly specialized. The depth of knowledge that one can attain in a specific area is greater than any time in history. And, the ready access to a digital Library of Alexandria- if that institution was digitally cross-referenced and linked across the entire planet and delivered exactly what the researcher was looking for, instantly- means that people keep fewer ‘facts’ in their heads. And, and, the interconnectedness of the economy doesn’t punish a lack of breadth of knowledge.

Ummagerd, no one knows how to change oil in a car, or repair a washing machine, or lay tile. The planet is going into the toilet, and no one knows how to use a plunger.

Well, the mechanic doesn’t cook worth a fuck, the appliance guy doesn’t sell meat or produce, and the tile guy doesn’t do concrete. And, none of them can help with IT, or international sales, or 100s of other specialized professions. Just try to get your plumber to do your taxes. I bet 95% of SH would be an unmitigated disaster in a molecular or microbiology lab setting.

To some extent, the demands of modern life punishes the journeyman polymath. It is a truly rare person that can maintain both a wide breadth of knowledge as well an a sufficient depth across disseperate fields. They say that earning a PhD is learning more and more about less and less, until you know everything about nothing. But, I will posit that the knowledge synthesized over the course of a PhD in a scientific discipline today- while exquisitely precise- is greater than the combined knowledge held by a homesteader of the late 19th century.
By and large, the scientific community would disagree.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/06/13/health/falling-iq-scores-study-intl/index.html

Have you paid with cash at checkout lately?

1664038635460.jpeg

By and large, the scientific community would disagree.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/06/13/health/falling-iq-scores-study-intl/index.html

Have you paid with cash at checkout lately?

View attachment 7962713
My take on the declining IQ scores is that it's probably not genetic (e.g., more morons surviving and having children) but more along the lines the educational system not doing it's job and first world citizens being comfortable enough that their intellect decays through inactivity. I hope I'm right because if I'm wrong we need to start culling the stupid and that ain't gonna be pretty...

My take on the declining IQ scores is that it's probably not genetic (e.g., more morons surviving and having children) but more along the lines the educational system not doing it's job and first world citizens being comfortable enough that their intellect decays through inactivity. I hope I'm right because if I'm wrong we need to start culling the stupid and that ain't gonna be pretty...
My money’s on both.

You also have an alarming number of women having children with men that are unable to support themselves, let alone a family. That can’t be good for the gene pool.

Reactions: Franko
People, as a whole are not getting dumber. But, people, as a rule are becoming increasingly specialized. The depth of knowledge that one can attain in a specific area is greater than any time in history. And, the ready access to a digital Library of Alexandria- if that institution was digitally cross-referenced and linked across the entire planet and delivered exactly what the researcher was looking for, instantly- means that people keep fewer ‘facts’ in their heads. And, and, the interconnectedness of the economy doesn’t punish a lack of breadth of knowledge.

Ummagerd, no one knows how to change oil in a car, or repair a washing machine, or lay tile. The planet is going into the toilet, and no one knows how to use a plunger.

Well, the mechanic doesn’t cook worth a fuck, the appliance guy doesn’t sell meat or produce, and the tile guy doesn’t do concrete. And, none of them can help with IT, or international sales, or 100s of other specialized professions. Just try to get your plumber to do your taxes. I bet 95% of SH would be an unmitigated disaster in a molecular or microbiology lab setting.

To some extent, the demands of modern life punishes the journeyman polymath. It is a truly rare person that can maintain both a wide breadth of knowledge as well an a sufficient depth across disseperate fields. They say that earning a PhD is learning more and more about less and less, until you know everything about nothing. But, I will posit that the knowledge synthesized over the course of a PhD in a scientific discipline today- while exquisitely precise- is greater than the combined knowledge held by a homesteader of the late 19th century.
Well he makes a good fist at crafting a false assertion fallacy within a straw man fallacy but these statements are prima facie either false or unbelievably irrelevant. People don't keep less in their heads as they specialize. They keep more specialized information. That's nothing to do with basic common knowledge which we all pick up as children to one degree or another. The dramatic decrease in average general knowledge is due to the school system managing for social matters instead of scholastic matters and nutters like hlee making simp-level excuses for it. Our teachers, our schools, ourselves and our peers are the reason for the state of fuckery in which we find ourselves.

I do believe that this country is doomed due to convenience of the interweb. Let me explain. I'm guilty of this too. How many telephone numbers can you remember when asked? I could tell you 50 numbers easily in the distant past, but not now.

We all count on the interweb and our cell phones way too much. It's way too easy for us to look something up instead of committing it to memory. That's what the kids do today. Ask them a question that not part of social media and they just grab their phone and Google the answer. They don't have to commit anything to memory.

30 seconds in and I shut it down. This country is doomed.....
They speak Japan in Idaho. I didn't know that.

I wonder how many of those females were pregnant and getting ready to reproduce?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Taylorbok

From findlaw:​

Early Compulsory Education Laws in the U.S.​

Massachusetts became the first U.S. state to enact a compulsory education law in 1852, having already passed a similar law in 1647 when it was still a British colony. The 1852 law required every city and town to offer primary school, focusing on grammar and basic arithmetic. Parents who refused to send their children to school were fined and (in some cases) stripped of their parental rights, and their children apprenticed to others.

Prior to the Massachusetts law and in other states without such laws, education typically was provided by private schools run by churches. Since they also charged tuition, poorer children were excluded or received informal schooling at home. That would change during the immigration boom between the 19th and 20th centuries, as education was seen as the best way to assimilate immigrant children

During that time, numerous states enacted compulsory education laws designed to take education out of the hands of parochial schools and primarily into the purview of state-run, public schools. These actions were taken in a growing response to fear of "immigrant" values and the Catholic Church itself. The Supreme Court later overturned these so-called "compulsory education" laws that required students to attend public schools only.

Another motivation was the growing public concern over child labor and the belief that compulsory attendance at school would discourage factory owners from exploiting children. In fact, Alabama temporarily repealed its compulsory education law in response to pressure from a large textile company in the state.

Mississippi was the last state to pass a law requiring school attendance in 1917. Still, enforcement of these state laws was largely ineffective until states began to realize the value of an educated workforce.

And parenting. Most everyone had parents. For better or worse.

I do believe that this country is doomed due to convenience of the interweb. Let me explain. I'm guilty of this too. How many telephone numbers can you remember when asked? I could tell you 50 numbers easily in the distant past, but not now.

We all count on the interweb and our cell phones way too much. It's way too easy for us to look something up instead of committing it to memory. That's what the kids do today. Ask them a question that not part of social media and they just grab their phone and Google the answer. They don't have to commit anything to memory.
I used to have an extended vocabulary and friends and I would spring new words or phrases on each other. It was a form of one-upmanship. We kept each other sharp, like a boars tusks always sharpening each other.

I'm finding it way too easy to search for a word now on the internet and each time I cheat the mind closes down a little more.

Well he makes a good fist at crafting a false assertion fallacy within a straw man fallacy but these statements are prima facie either false or unbelievably irrelevant. People don't keep less in their heads as they specialize. They keep more specialized information. That's nothing to do with basic common knowledge which we all pick up as children to one degree or another. The dramatic decrease in average general knowledge is due to the school system managing for social matters instead of scholastic matters and nutters like hlee making simp-level excuses for it. Our teachers, our schools, ourselves and our peers are the reason for the state of fuckery in which we find ourselves.
People don’t think reading comprehension be like it is. But it do.

Reactions: 308pirate

It’s led to short attention spans. Less folks can actually focus on tasks that take more than a few minutes.

Idiocracy, the movie. Maybe time travel will be invented and they are back trying to warn us.

Thank you,
MrSmith

Reactions: Thorny
just around ww2 when the us placated to french and Russia's demands during a war and afterward when they told patton no you can't take the army you have there in Europe and take out china , japan and russia . why god why think how quiet the world would now be without communism .

Reactions: 10ring'r
just around ww2 when the us placated to french and Russia's demands during a war and afterward when they told patton no you can't take the army you have there in Europe and take out china , japan and russia . why god why think how quiet the world would now be without communism .

I think it's much more complex than that.

So after the end of WWII when for all the propaganda, the USA as a whole was tired of war and the cracks in being able to keep your Homefront going were just starting to show, you wanted to essentially go fight two huge populations over massive land masses with very harsh climates and terrain, that were actively ready to fight to the last person and were geared up for it, because you didn't like their governments?

Do you have any clue of how many Americans would have died for that?
The calculations on how many would have died for a full on invasion of Japan if they didn't surrender after we used the only 2 nukes we had, were staggering in themselves.

The Germans sent some of the best armies and equipment into Russia only to find themselves repeating history. A couple nuclear weapons would have had no major long-term effect. What were we going to do? Bomb the cities the Germans already bombed near to rubble?

And let's say if after a decade or two of mass dying, you finally managed to conquer them?
Then what? Try to play brutal overlords forever? Try to setup and keep in power your puppet government of traitors forever?
Do you think those countries would ever actually think any peaceful thoughts about the USA?

Instead of the actual relative peace the cold war produced (Remember prior to the end of WWII Europe was pretty much having wars every 50 or so years), you would have essentially had constant war with half the world that would have.

Oh, and also after WWII the Chinese weren't communists, the Communists didn't take over there until later when WE funded the Communists in Russia who then helped out their buddies in China with our money. (While we at the same time refused to help the nationalists).

Patton had his good sides, but like most military types that only think about war and can't comprehend anything else, he was wrong with how easy he thought it would be to just go play global empire.

What the USA did right, was learning from WWI and NOT leaving the Europeans to figure things out and make a mess of it, instead the USA played a major role in shaping post war Europe and Asia, using their economic prowess to build a stable order.
In the end, that order triumphed over the USSR which eventually collapsed without the need for large numbers of our citizens dying.

We played around later in China's back yard and our traitors (much like a certain recent general who was proud to say so) told the Chinese we were not willing to go all the way, so the Chinese Communists decided to get their own buffer zones the way they wanted them. So we fought 2 smaller wars to an essential stalemate and getting nowhere. Then eventually we came to an understanding with them and their economy eventually became a bit like ours and for all their bluster, pretty much they stayed mostly peaceful.

The reason the Chinese Communists didn't collapse like the Soviet Communists did is because WE decided to essentially shut down all our manufacturing and build it all back up in China and flood them with money. Had we treated them like the Soviet Union, they would have eventually collapsed.

When you put a system in place where the government makes it monetarily beneficial to stay home and make fuck trophies instead of working that is going to be the end result and for the politicians that make that possible, they get a lifetime supply of voters to keep their side in office.
Kinda like the movie Idiocracy.......

Doc

In hindsight, I started noticing the beginning of the end in the late 90's,early 2000's. Then it accelerated at breakneck speed during the Obama years. With the election of our current mentally disabled President, I realized we're done, finished. Seriously, how did our population get so fucking stupid so quickly? Just look at the current political situation. The Democrats have basically destroyed our economy, increased crime 10x fold, energy costs are through the roof, mentally disturbed freaks that can't decide what gender they are are setting the agenda, we are being invaded by illegals at the border, etc. Yet, unbelievably, at least 50% of our population will still vote for these idiots. In my mind, no sane person would elect a single Democrat ever again. Yet they have a real shot of keeping control of Congress. How the fuck can this be? A lot of it is these stupid fucking women (and pussy beta males) who are incapable of thinking critically about anything other than abortion. They can't afford to eat, drive to work, their rent, aren't safe in their neighborhoods, and their kids are being indoctrinated in school by leftists. But the the most important thing for these cunts is that they can have an abortion every few months. These women are controlled by their vaginas, and by god they will vote to protect their right to be sluts even if the country is falling apart around them. I don't fucking get it :(

Take a look at Pennsylvania for example. You have a candidate for Senate, John Fetterman, who basically looks and acts like a dirtbag thug with his goatee, hoody and tattoos. The guy could be a spokesman for Antifa and fit right in. He can't even speak since he had a stroke a few months ago. Yet this guy is going to win the race, mark my words. Are Pennsylvanians really this idiotic? Apparently yes. Then you have that bald fuck in AZ, Mark Kelly. The guy has done nothing but support Biden's agenda. He supports open borders in a state like Arizona. You would think this guy wouldn't get 10% of the vote. But he is going to win, no question. Then you have that twat Hassan in New Hampshire. A leftist whose only campaign promise is to keep abortion legal for the women in the state who get pregnant every few months. She has no other agenda, none. But she is going to win the election. These are just a few examples.

I honestly and truly believe the best years are behind us and they are never returning. It's all down hill from here. And it's all due to the utter stupidity and lack of common sense from our fellow Americans. Most of whom are dumber than a fucking tree stump and have no business voting. Rant over and no apologies from me given or offered.
Mark Kelly is rotten degenerate.

I believe you are correct. Unfortunately he will likely win the election due to the influx of Californian locusts in Pima and Maricopa county.

Mark Kelly is rotten degenerate.

I believe you are correct. Unfortunately he will likely win the election due to the influx of Californian locusts in Pima and Maricopa county.

Mark Kelly is slick. I've been watching his commercials and they are perfectly tailored to the current Arizona market that's either Socal transplants or senile elderly people.

Tell me about it. Seeing some of the posts on Nextdoor, I don't see how some adults can live on their own and handle their business affairs.

There's a clear video of two coyotes trotting through a backyard and the poster asking 'Fox or Coyotes?'
Every other person says Fox.

Another one shows three beavers swimming at night and dumbasses arguing it's otters, in Lake Travis, with clearly flat beaver tails.

In another post a person shows a pic of an Axis deer in their yard and asks if they can crossbreed with white-tails?
"I don't see how some adults can live on their own and handle their business affairs."

Is that why you live in mom's basement ?

I can't give an exact date as to when I personally feel America lost it's common sense, but the scary part is how fast it happened. This was not a long drawn out thing that took multiple generation. It literally took less than a decade. When I first joined the Hide back in 2006 we weren't talking about wokeness or defuning the police or forcing little boys to be little girls. But I do stay optimistic because history has taught us that ALL generations rebel against the previous. I look forward to the newer generations crushing wokeness.

In hindsight, I started noticing the beginning of the end in the late 90's,early 2000's. Then it accelerated at breakneck speed during the Obama years. With the election of our current mentally disabled President, I realized we're done, finished. Seriously, how did our population get so fucking stupid so quickly? Just look at the current political situation. The Democrats have basically destroyed our economy, increased crime 10x fold, energy costs are through the roof, mentally disturbed freaks that can't decide what gender they are are setting the agenda, we are being invaded by illegals at the border, etc. Yet, unbelievably, at least 50% of our population will still vote for these idiots. In my mind, no sane person would elect a single Democrat ever again. Yet they have a real shot of keeping control of Congress. How the fuck can this be? A lot of it is these stupid fucking women (and pussy beta males) who are incapable of thinking critically about anything other than abortion. They can't afford to eat, drive to work, their rent, aren't safe in their neighborhoods, and their kids are being indoctrinated in school by leftists. But the the most important thing for these cunts is that they can have an abortion every few months. These women are controlled by their vaginas, and by god they will vote to protect their right to be sluts even if the country is falling apart around them. I don't fucking get it :(

Take a look at Pennsylvania for example. You have a candidate for Senate, John Fetterman, who basically looks and acts like a dirtbag thug with his goatee, hoody and tattoos. The guy could be a spokesman for Antifa and fit right in. He can't even speak since he had a stroke a few months ago. Yet this guy is going to win the race, mark my words. Are Pennsylvanians really this idiotic? Apparently yes. Then you have that bald fuck in AZ, Mark Kelly. The guy has done nothing but support Biden's agenda. He supports open borders in a state like Arizona. You would think this guy wouldn't get 10% of the vote. But he is going to win, no question. Then you have that twat Hassan in New Hampshire. A leftist whose only campaign promise is to keep abortion legal for the women in the state who get pregnant every few months. She has no other agenda, none. But she is going to win the election. These are just a few examples.

I honestly and truly believe the best years are behind us and they are never returning. It's all down hill from here. And it's all due to the utter stupidity and lack of common sense from our fellow Americans. Most of whom are dumber than a fucking tree stump and have no business voting. Rant over and no apologies from me given or offered.
You slipped and misstated that women can think critically about abortion. Most absolutely cannot think critically about that subject and are too invested to do so. That is why it was such a gift the the SC gave to the Democrats before midterms.
I certainly don't disagree with anything you ate saying, and it truly is hard to believe that anyone would even consider a Democrat at this point with the complete destruction of everything that they touch. That said, I don't think any of those races are where you think they are. There are a ton closer than they should be yes, no doubt, but I don't think any of those are slam dunks. The problem is that, as you said , most are really stupid, and the females are much easier to fool. Add in the massive amount of money the dems are spending to spread lies and the media willingness to repeat the lies over and over, and thats why the races are close. It's pathetic and sad. Our founders got so much so right but they didn't ever expect the press to be completely bought and in lockstep by one side.

The press was always meant to be what kept it all honest and once that press became completely corrupted and adjoined with the democrats, it was all over. We are too dumb to see through it as a nation unfortunately...
Some of our founding fathers totally warned against creating a party system and predicted roughly this to happen if we did so. Washington, Jefferson, etc. Its almost guaranteed to happen since humans are what they are. Competitive animals that will do whatever it takes to win.

Reviving this one to say...

1865 was the start. 1913 was another major blow... 1919 was the coup de grace.

It's been all downhill since.

Mike

Reactions: M4orturnate
Biggest voter fraud in history is about to get bigger in 11 days. Hundreds of thousands of fake votes are already mailed out in Penn. Same in Arizona and here in Washington state.

I bet $$$$$ the attack on Pelosi is a false flag and was done by the Secret Service or FBI at her request in order to blame Republicans. The SFPD will suddenly shut up if it was a black vagrant who simply watched an old white pedophile drop off a 13y/o kid he just finished molesting and followed him home looking for quick score.

Tell me about it. Seeing some of the posts on Nextdoor, I don't see how some adults can live on their own and handle their business affairs.

There's a clear video of two coyotes trotting through a backyard and the poster asking 'Fox or Coyotes?'
Every other person says Fox.

Another one shows three beavers swimming at night and dumbasses arguing it's otters, in Lake Travis, with clearly flat beaver tails.

In another post a person shows a pic of an Axis deer in their yard and asks if they can crossbreed with white-tails?
Lol dude that’s basically the entirety of the new hill country population. It breaks my heart to see what has happened to my home.

Its not that people are any dumber, it’s that modern technology has allowed stupid people to reach more people than they could before.

No, I would say #1 factor is indoctrination in the schools. Social media/big tech combined with censorship is #2.