• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing OK, I'm Done (Mill)

cwood3

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2010
Spring, TX
I am in Houston, Spring Texas actually. I have $2000 in the budget for a mill. Somebodyput me out of my misery and hook me up with a Bridgeport Series 1 vertical mill. I'd prefer 2HP/3-Phase, but anything will work. I'm tired of researching, fretting over things, scouring ads, etc. I just want to pay up and go.

Thanks.

Re: OK, I'm Done (Mill)

Don't know about Spring, TX, but a friend of mine told me about a warehouse here in Maryland, near Baltimore, that was FULL of industrial machine tools. Some kind of place that bought and sold new and used equipment. It's where he got his equipment.

Probably a warehouse like this near every major city (over 100k population) I imagine, you might need to do a road trip or two, dig around on the internet more to find exactly what you're after.

Wish I had the space for a mill. Made several AR receivers from forged blanks years back, with a LOT of help.

Good luck.

I will agree with the previous post you may have to do some traveling. I went to Chicago to buy my bridgeport and all the way to Grand Rapids, MI for my lathe although Texas has quite a bit more industry than ND so you may luck out and only have to cross the state. Patience is my only advise ( which is very hard I know)! Good luck in your search.

there are several websites that sell used machinery for pretty good prices. if i can find one i'll post if for you. I got my mill in Cincinnatti and my lathe came from Milwaukee but I purchased it from work when they replaced it.

I think all the used machines get snatched up down here. I have put in request for quotes to several machine tool buy/sell dealers in the Houston area. They all want to be able to take retirement after they rape you because you didn't buy a truckload.

I'll keep looking......I have the cash.

I have an Eagle 3axis CNC knee mill that I'd sell. I believe it was used to carve the ten commandments. It's an old bugger from the late 80's.

A servo card is bad, so it'll take some work to get it going again, but its a robust/heavy bugger that uses a CAT40 tool holder like a big boy CNC has.