• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

One Scout supply rifle wasn't enough

backyardsniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2011
pottsville, ky
I posted on here earlier that I had Russel starting on me a 308. Originally it was gonna be a 20" M24 Broughton on a stiller tac30 that was going in a mcree chassis. Then the good Idea fairy stuck. I had a 20" 300wm sitting around on a already worked rem 700 in a mcree chassis. Which didn't really work out that well, the 20" 300 wm is not a winner in case you were considering trying it. So I shipped it off to him as well to get a 26" Rock creek rem varmint in 300wm. Sold both the Mcrees and went to stockys and ordered a pair of manners MCS-T stocks to go on them. I'm looking for more of a hunting rifle kind of configuration while still having the ability to go long.
I haven't fired any of his rifles but i have heard nothing but good things about them, and I can say from personal experience that his customer service is top notch. He has taken the time to work with me on exactly what I wanted, always responds to emails quickly, the whole time acting like he is happy to do it. Not like you are bothering him with stupid ass questions and if you didn't already know that you shouldn't be getting a rifle built. I'm very much looking forward to shooting these and giving some range reports. I would like to hear from anybody that has any first hand experience with one of his rifles.

Re: One Scout supply rifle wasn't enough

My SPS tactical showed up from Russel about 2 weeks ago. This is his standard SPS package which includes the gun, trued action, set-back/recut chamber to 223 wylde, and threaded barrel (I also had him give the trigger a little love). Still developing my load but I put up multiple 5 shot 1/3MOA groups at 100yrds yesterday (median was more like 1/2). Could not be happier. You will not be disappointed.