• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OpEd: Are we losing it? ...Or, what are we losing?

Yes, there is irony. Does that somehow make it not a fact? Does that somehow make it not count?

You guys just won't let this go. OK. We can do that thing.

Greg, be like a duck. Let it roll off your back.

OK, just for the heck of it, I did a little research under the heading of "Cyberbullying".

I didn't really expect to find much that might apply to the antics that have been going on in this thread.

Well, I got a surprise. There is actually a lot of law that covers that stuff, local right on up to federal, and it can be pretty serious when it comes on down to consequences.

To be truthful, I'm a little confused, and a little embarrassed. If I wanted to, there could actually be a fair number of things I could do here to get a little recourse. But I don't want to do that. I don't want to 'that guy', and I most certainly don't want anything like that to happen here on Frank's site.

But the fact remains, a good argument could be made that some laws may actually have been getting broken in this thread.

I'm not going to follow this up. But do think there are some people here on this site who might want to reconsider their recent actions.

Take it for what it's worth.

As I see it, no harm was actually done, just some pretty shabby behavior. I took the time to go back, look at all the ignored conversation, and draw some conclusions. With the ignoring, I had actually missed some of the more egregious stuff. Stuff I wouldn't be caught dead doing.

From what I can tell, some conclusions were jumped, some healthy inhibitions broke down, and then it all went sideways.

I did not ask for any of this. Some of you are grasping, trying to self justify some pretty despicable behavior. I think you're deluding yourselves, and that folks here are just too polite (or maybe something more damning) to call any of you out on this. I'm not responsive to hounding. I have been a member of this site since literally before it started. I will be here for the rest of it, for as long as I get to make that choice. I will probably die first.

You say I've hounded folks off this site. Honestly, a few, I tried. I failed. I learned early on that as a tactic, it failed. Badly. As you are going to eventually deduce for your own benefits. Yes, some of them are gone. But I didn't ban them or get them banned. That is something I never had any ability to do. Yes, some of them did end up getting banned, but wasn't for anything they did to me or I did to them. They got banned because they found that they could do things to me, that they could get away with it, and then they tried it with other folks too, and that's what actually got them banned. Right now, soon, you could be making that same mistake. I really hope you don't. This site does not need to lose any of its members. It needs to be strong and to stay strong for the coming real challenges.

I've made a lot of mistakes. I've paid for them and I've learned from them. Foremost, I have learned that I'm not in charge of anything, that I have no authority here, that I have no power beyond that of persuasion. This appears to be a fact that is lost on some of you. That's a shame, because knowing that could help you.

GF14, it's become clear that somewhere back in the dimness of time, you took offense at something I said or did, and that it has festered in you for, by your own account, somewhere around 15 years. That's very sad, and for whatever it was that lit your smouldering fuse, I abjectly apologize. But you have also taken this too far. You're overboard. You are beyond my ability to completely comprehend, and you know, why should I bother? All I can do at this point is shake my head and chalk it all up to profit and loss. Chalk you up to profit and loss.

1J, you could be a carbon copy of what I just discussed. Same response from me. At least you might have been a little more original...

Veer, you are special case; a very (Veery?) special case. You do not appear to take anything seriously. With you it's all just a game. But there's also something about you that happens to you once the blood is in the water. I won't attempt to define it, but it's ugly. Thank God you are not my problem, Veer.

The rest, just blood in the water, and some passing vampires.

All this will eventually pass, and not due to anything I will be doing. You guys may stutter along on for a few more pages, you may never get off my case. I can't take any more of this seriously, it's all just become too ludicrous.

Have you left your marks in me? Of course. Have I left any marks in you? I hope not. While this all takes some time to comprehend, it's not really very important.

Greg

Reactions: Bender and 1J04
Greg, take it for what it's worth, but why not give it a rest and stop using your hands for a bit? I suggest Dragon Dictate if you're on a Mac.

Reactions: 1J04
Sorry Greg, cyber bullying in the Bear Pit...
There is much irony in this statement.

R

Exactly. Since when did we serve watercress and cucumber finger sandwiches with tea in The Bear Pit?

OK, just for the heck of it, I did a little research under the heading of "Cyberbullying".

I didn't really expect to find much that might apply to the antics that have been going on in this thread.

Well, I got a surprise. There is actually a lot of law that covers that stuff, local right on up to federal, and it can be pretty serious when it comes on down to consequences.

To be truthful, I'm a little confused, and a little embarrassed. If I wanted to, there could actually be a fair number of things I could do here to get a little recourse. But I don't want to do that. I don't want to 'that guy', and I most certainly don't want anything like that to happen here on Frank's site.

But the fact remains, a good argument could be made that some laws may actually have been getting broken in this thread.

I'm not going to follow this up. But do think there are some people here on this site who might want to reconsider their recent actions.

Take it for what it's worth.

As I see it, no harm was actually done, just some pretty shabby behavior. I took the time to go back, look at all the ignored conversation, and draw some conclusions. With the ignoring, I had actually missed some of the more egregious stuff. Stuff I wouldn't be caught dead doing.

From what I can tell, some conclusions were jumped, some healthy inhibitions broke down, and then it all went sideways.

I did not ask for any of this. Some of you are grasping, trying to self justify some pretty despicable behavior. I think you're deluding yourselves, and that folks here are just too polite (or maybe something more damning) to call any of you out on this. I'm not responsive to hounding. I have been a member of this site since literally before it started. I will be here for the rest of it, for as long as I get to make that choice. I will probably die first.

You say I've hounded folks off this site. Honestly, a few, I tried. I failed. I learned early on that as a tactic, it failed. Badly. As you are going to eventually deduce for your own benefits. Yes, some of them are gone. But I didn't ban them or get them banned. That is something I never had any ability to do. Yes, some of them did end up getting banned, but wasn't for anything they did to me or I did to them. They got banned because they found that they could do things to me, that they could get away with it, and then they tried it with other folks too, and that's what actually got them banned. Right now, soon, you could be making that same mistake. I really hope you don't. This site does not need to lose any of its members. It needs to be strong and to stay strong for the coming real challenges.

I've made a lot of mistakes. I've paid for them and I've learned from them. Foremost, I have learned that I'm not in charge of anything, that I have no authority here, that I have no power beyond that of persuasion. This appears to be a fact that is lost on some of you. That's a shame, because knowing that could help you.

GF14, it's become clear that somewhere back in the dimness of time, you took offense at something I said or did, and that it has festered in you for, by your own account, somewhere around 15 years. That's very sad, and for whatever it was that lit your smouldering fuse, I abjectly apologize. But you have also taken this too far. You're overboard. You are beyond my ability to completely comprehend, and you know, why should I bother? All I can do at this point is shake my head and chalk it all up to profit and loss. Chalk you up to profit and loss.

1J, you could be a carbon copy of what I just discussed. Same response from me. At least you might have been a little more original...

Veer, you are special case; a very (Veery?) special case. You do not appear to take anything seriously. With you it's all just a game. But there's also something about you that happens to you once the blood is in the water. I won't attempt to define it, but it's ugly. Thank God you are not my problem, Veer.

The rest, just blood in the water, and some passing vampires.

All this will eventually pass, and not due to anything I will be doing. You guys may stutter along on for a few more pages, you may never get off my case. I can't take any more of this seriously, it's all just become too ludicrous.

Have you left your marks in me? Of course. Have I left any marks in you? I hope not. While this all takes some time to comprehend, it's not really very important.

Greg
Please,... playing the bully card is a libtard, lame ass excuse. However you doing that does not surprize me in the least knowing your ways. Interesting how you call us bullys when you tried to bully us into thinking the same way you do, which is never going to happen, because I live on my feet an not my knees. At every turn your looking for an out, then when you think people are felling sorry for you, your trash starts all over again. The training uncle gave me has held up, an what I was taught about sizing up people has never fail but once (he was a professional lair by profession). That training says your a self centered, opportunist who will use any method to achieve your goal of playing the elder father figure, of Snipershide. You have tried to demand same from as far back as I can recall an I'm done playing nice. Demanding never works, respect is earned.

FWIW, I can see now that I can't be a member here for much longer.

Well, if I can't here, at least I can be memorable.

TTFN

Greg

Aaaand there it is again. The threat to leave? Anyone know how many times that has happened over the years? I am pretty sure it's happened every year since I been reading the Hide.

Meh.... Greg, you make for good reading. Don’t change for anything! Carry on man!!!

wqLuaLW.gif

No, you're not, definitely not.

As for before, just a momentary blip; what was I thinking? What just happened? Actually, nothing has materially changed.

Eleven guys, two weeks, I'm just catching my second wind.

This did not just get easier for you. You're going to have to work a lot harder for a lot longer.

Yes, we can do this thing... And in the meantime...

Greg

Soooooo are you Trolling again Greg????

Greg doesn't troll. He plays with us, as if he were a bored Greek god. I think it's the whole upstate New York classical name thing on steroids. You know, Rome, Troy, Ithica, Homer, Utica, Seneca Falls, Cicero, Camillus, Syracuse, etc., etc.

The grandfather was walking the prepubescent young brave down the mountain after a hunt.
The young man was conflicted about some issues in their lives and voiced them to his grandfather.
Grandfather told him there would always be conflict in life, like two wolves fighting inside him at all times.
The young man asked grandfather which wolf wins.
Grandfather told him, "The one you feed most."

What the old tale doesn't say, is," if you are tired of one wolf biting you, quit feeding the damn thing... if you keep feeding him and he keeps biting you, it's your own fault."

Somebody needs to quit buying wolfbait, jmho..

No, no trolling. No point. Watch this space, don't watch this space, it's all the same now. I'm gonna try not to. We'll see.

Greg is still just Greg, and the intention is to remain so, regardless. We'll see.

Dad said, "They can only hurt us if we let them; so don't let them." We'll see.

Greg

"Hell is other people." Jean-Paul Sartre

No, no trolling. No point. Watch this space, don't watch this space, it's all the same now. I'm gonna try not to. We'll see.

Greg is still just Greg, and the intention is to remain so, regardless. We'll see.

Dad said, "They can only hurt us if we let them; so don't let them." We'll see.

Greg

"Hell is other people." Jean-Paul Sartre

Reactions: Veer_G and 1J04
Roll credits ...
So I bought a Henry Big Boy in 357/38 last week an spent the am today banging 300rds at steel, paper, cans an rocks with it. Action is starting to get smoother, so you know I will either be trying the Rifleman thing or the John Wayne 360* cocking thing soon. Really like this thing so now looking for another big ring but in 44mag this time. Scope shit is getting old, need to spice it up somewhat.

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
So I bought a Henry Big Boy in 357/38 last week an spent the am today banging 300rds at steel, paper, cans an rocks with it. Action is starting to get smoother, so you know I will either be trying the Rifleman thing or the John Wayne 360* cocking thing soon. Really like this thing so now looking for another big ring but in 44mag this time. Scope shit is getting old, need to spice it up somewhat.

Congrats on the new toy and to the coming new photee pho to be. Sweet Rigs. Now check your PM's, but grab some tissues first.

Oh, teh noes, are you sharing O.G. of the em a en gee, etc., etc., etc. with him?

Better make those tissues two-ply. And put on some smoked-out Ray-Bans, too.

Congrats on the new toy and to the coming new photee pho to be. Sweet Rigs. Now check your PM's, but grab some tissues first.

Oh, teh noes, are you sharing O.G. of the em a en gee, etc., etc., etc. with him?

Better make those tissues two-ply. And put on some smoked-out Ray-Bans, too.

Oh I did, I did. And, and, he guffawed. ROFLMFAO :love::ROFLMAO:

So, like, he's into scaly stuff with a seaweed topper?

So this cluster fuck is finally over? Was there a winner,... I think not! I believe it was a loosing gig from the get go.
All we did was run up Franks Bandwidth, piss off a few people, an show the world what kind of pricks we all can be when left to our own devices.
It's interesting what you can learn about people you'll most likely never meet if you can read between the lines, an string shit out.

So this cluster fuck is finally over? Was there a winner,... I think not! I believe it was a loosing gig from the get go.
All we did was run up Franks Bandwidth, piss off a few people, an show the world what kind of pricks we all can be when left to our own devices.
It's interesting what you can learn about people you'll most likely never meet if you can read between the lines, an string shit out.

The cluster fuck? Maybe just this chapter in the B.O.G., but I'm sure that the reign of terror isn't over.

Well, it's been positively ... Gregorian ... hasn't it?