• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OpEd: Are we losing it? ...Or, what are we losing?

images (3).jpeg

Houston , we have ten pages and are five by five for the midgets and dildos .
God Bless Murica .

Reactions: 1J04
Sure looks like left shoulder, right trigger, Really don’t see a thing wrong with her shooting position or form, nice pew pew too!!

Thank you all. We just got back, and the Biopsy came back completely clear of any evidences of cancer. It's an immense relief.

She still has the same issues that they sent her out for testing to resolve. They are going to work at exchanging out some of her major meds, like Gabapentin, Victoza, and HCTZ. She has a spinal stenosis, and serious deficiencies of B, D, and Iron. They'll be looking at ways to get her balance steady again.

But the core message is that she's not in any life threatening condition.

You may now resume your regular programming. Thank you for your concern.

Greg
Glad report was good! Prayers will continue!

Prayers sent and hopefully received. I fucking hate seeing my pap get older and older, I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Same with my mama but shes been more of a inside the house type of female; so stuff like completely flipping the Kubota upside down into the water in our family lake foolishly trying to clear a fallen tree from a 10 ft high(from water line) dam after just one too Blue Moons, 2-2.5 hours after sunset mind you....never ended up on her x-ray resume, hence the years been kinder to her..

Grandmama made the mistake of saying it was impossible w/out multiple folks to lend a hand , doubly impossible at evening/dark. So of course the inevitable "hold my beer" ensued by pap in homage to said time honored tradition of us proud south Georgians with turpentine practically running in our veins and corn liquor soaked fat lighter burning in our bellies ... LOL "now son you realize I was merely tryina teach ya a lesson on improper machine operation/equipment safety, in order to demonstrate physically and visually that that level of such dumbassedness come with consequences so instant and severe, they wont hardly need any doling out from me!"

Yes, received with gratitude.

The diagnosis is the culmination of six months of testing, indecision, and worry. The general diagnostic strategy is to test for the more benign potentials, and when they are inconclusive, to test for conditions with more far reaching potentials. Nothing has been adding up, so they went to the Bone Marrow Biopsy.

I have been through that twice myself, and each time, the diagnosis was not a good one. In essence, they turned me into the medical profession's chewtoy for the better part of a decade, and some of that spilled over into another permanently serious issue with my heart.

And then, Celia got hit too. Three weeks in an coma in the ICU with a never actually dianosed case of toxic shock and blood poisoning from a VRSA organism.

I'm not even going to say more than this about the financials. The billing ran close to a million. The insurance ran out at $250,000. It never even entered into Celia's case.

So whatever was going to happen was being viewed through a glass with that particular tint.

To say that the report is a genuine relief is a monumental understatement. Seriously, we'd been scared about this for a long time, six months or so worth of anticipation that our family was going to go down the cancer family drain for a third time.

She is still in for a bunch more testing, but at least with cancer ruled out, some of the remaining issues can be addressed. There will be X-Ray diagnostics to confirm or rule out a spinal stenosis. Physical therapy is planned to redevelop her strength and balance. At present, She needs physical assistance in order to get her feet up into the van, and each night, I have to lift her feet and legs up into our bed. She also needs to lose a lot of weight. Everything takes a lot longer, and much of my day is spent helping her get around. We got her a couch with an electrically powered recliner. Just getting up and out, into the car is about a ten minute operation; every single time. Our Granddaughter Elena, who lives with us, spots for me, and sometimes does the driving so I can take care of chores here at home. She shouldn't have to but she's very good with this.

I haven't really talked about this here until now, because, honestly, I am tired of being blamed for whining. I talk about it here, because what's gone down this week here is simply abominable; and it's made no easier by the background our family has been dealing with all along.

Something wrong happened here. I don't like it happening to me, but seriously, it shouldn't have happened to anyone here at The 'Hide. My history is well known here, and if someone will do something like this to me, than nobody here is safe from the malice. Maybe it's actually better that it happened to me than anyone else. I have grown all too accustomed to gratuitous malice, and have learned to tame and control my responses possibly better than most here might have. I have a personal history of rebounding from adversity, and this is no different.

It is especially disappointing and troubling that no innocent onlooker has seen fit to object or repudiate this series of events. If it could happen to me, it could happen to anyone, and if that's OK, then something crucial has changed here at The 'Hide. Maybe that's innate fear showing.

It makes me wonder what's going to happen when malicious outside interests come pushing their way into our little existence here. Make no mistake, free speech about guns and gun ownership is under stress currently, and it's really just catching it breath right now. If, and I say if, we are not feeling it now, it's still sure to come.

I just hope that what's not being heard here and now about this dustup is any harbinger of what will happen when that other shoe falls on The 'Hide; and it's coming, just like Christmas.

Color me disappointed in my 'Hide. Silence in the face of deliberate malice always comes at a price. Ask the Jews.

fo·rum

ˈfôrəm/

noun

1. 1.
    a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
That doesn't say anything here about the malice. I think it should.

Greg

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. A lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot."

Robert A. Heinlein , Friday

This thread just went over 7000 views, so The 'Hide is watching.

Last edited:
Would seem to me that if the congress critters cared at all about the future they'd be trying to prohibit crazy shit like it being possible that .gov could at some point mandate that people have implants that transmit their thoughts over the new 5G network rather than trying to do dumb shit like ban scary looking firearms.

Need a good way to get good people elected to positions where they'd be able to do stuff like that. Also need a good way to find good people to do that job.
. Their will never be an implant put in this old bastard!

For the record, this 'Old Bastard' is on his second ICD (Defibrillator)/Pacemaker. It is RF programmed, and is interrogated every night by a cellphone unit underneath my bed which relays the entire day's heart activity to the VA's Cardiopulmonary monitoring facility. If I were paranoid, I should have started worrying back in July of 2005, when the first one went in.

FYI, AZ is testing IPOD-like License plates right now, which include GPS.

Paranoia? Kinda late for that.

Greg

Last edited:
Something wrong happened here. I don't like it happening to me, but seriously, it shouldn't have happened to anyone here at The 'Hide. My history is well known here, and if someone will do something like this to me, than nobody here is safe from the malice. Maybe it's actually better that it happened to me than anyone else. I have grown all too accustomed to gratuitous malice, and have learned to tame and control my responses possibly better than most here might have. I have a personal history of rebounding from adversity, and this is no different.

It is especially disappointing and troubling that no innocent onlooker has seen fit to object or repudiate this series of events. If it could happen to me, it could happen to anyone, and if that's OK, then something crucial has changed here at The 'Hide. Maybe that's innate fear showing.

It makes me wonder what's going to happen when malicious outside interests come pushing their way into our little existence here. Make no mistake, free speech about guns and gun ownership is under stress currently, and it's really just catching it breath right now. If, and I say if, we are not feeling it now, it's still sure to come.

I just hope that what's not being heard here and now about this dustup is any harbinger of what will happen when that other shoe falls on The 'Hide; and it's coming, just like Christmas.

Color me disappointed in my 'Hide. Silence in the face of deliberate malice always comes at a price. Ask the Jews.

Your denial to accept responsibility is disgraceful and troubling. You 'choose' to sidestep the fact YOU brought THIS on YOU. You play the victim, always, after kicking the hive and not expecting to get the hell stung outta you. You've tore people to the bone for NOTHING for YEARS playing high and mighty and people obviously are SICK OF IT. Outta respect for so many on here, and my own self preservation, I'll refrain from completely tearing you apart with what I'd really like to say. But trust me, there is so much more that could be said and it'd be so fucking true. You just stay the course in your denial of the truth Pal. You're fucking incredible.

Well, now that makes ten ignored butt plugs. Out of 120,000+ registered 'Hide Members.

All you're managing to accomplish is ensuring that nothing you ever say again, worthy or unworthy, will ever again come to my attention. This is not a problem for me.

I had honestly thought we Marines were somewhat brighter than your version of military intelligence. Oh well, as they said back when I was in, there's always that 1%.

Unfortunately, the rest of The 'Hide is forced to deal with your sophomoric brilliance.

Poor 'Hide.

Careful, boy, some of those folks may not be quite as tightly wrapped as I am.

ROFLMAO!

Greg

I assume Eeyore directed this towards me. I wonder what he means by this.

[QUOTE="Greg Langelius *, post: 7013034, member: 91]

Greg[/QUOTE]

BTW; What did I win for being number 10? <-------------Really leaving the door open.

I assume Eeyore directed this towards me. I wonder what he means by this.

[QUOTE="Greg Langelius *, post: 7013034, member: 91]

Greg

BTW; What did I win for being number 10? <-------------Really leaving the door open.[/QUOTE]

Just be thankful it's tightly wrapped. :LOL:

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/w9pxd74WXCk8" width="480" height="388" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Fuck I gotta run out for more popcorn .
And remember , this episode of Greg Hikes His Ass in the air brought to you by
Dementia . It's not just for get off my fuckin lawn anymore .

Reactions: Bender and 1J04
Eleven, but who's counting. Actually, I had unignored him just yesterday. There's a lesson in that.

Greg

Holly fucking bat shit, the geriatric self destructing whiner has returned for another round of wtf did I do to deserve this. Take your condescending ass to the podium say your had a brain fart, then shut the fuck up before you dig a hole so deep you'll never get out.

PS,
This is where you call the mods for help now, that I have insulted your whining ass again. You were dropped on your head as a child or is this some kind of illness you contracted on a dare? No matter as it does look like it was permanent, but heres a clue, doing the right thing will make it go away!

Reactions: Bender and 1J04
I'm number eleven and I'm pretty sure that Gunfighter ,1J and Veer are in the Billboard top ten . This weeks letter comes from John Mcain Jr . and reads dear Casey . I have dementia and the guys are pickin on me , the Mods won't help and my depends is chaffing . I would be ever so batshit crazy if you could play Crazy by Patsy Klein for me . Signed Greggy in AZ .
Well Greggy hold that thorozine and tie up your extra long sleeves cause this one's goin out for you .

I'm number eleven and I'm pretty sure that Gunfighter ,1J and Veer are in the Billboard top ten . This weeks letter comes from John Mcain Jr . and reads dear Casey . I have dementia and the guys are pickin on me , the Mods won't help and my depends is chaffing . I would be ever so batshit crazy if you could play Crazy by Patsy Klein for me . Signed Greggy in AZ .
Well Greggy hold that thorozine and tie up your extra long sleeves cause this one's goin out for you .

Reactions: Veer_G and 1J04
Eleven, but who's counting. Actually, I had unignored him just yesterday. There's a lesson in that.

Greg

That's hilarious. Both times.:p Now I gotta din din date. You guys keep him from running into traffic please.

Greg
Clue for you, going threw life with your head turned sideways for that you dislike, is a good way to get blindsided. Your problem is you won't admit your wrong, even when the bulk of the board see's/talks about it. Many even gave you pity over the health issues your wife has/going threw either in print or prayers you never knew about. Then when that died down here you come again with you lame ass shit shovel Digging like the whining brat you are. Keep proving to the rest of the membership what kind of flip flopping man fish you are. I'm here all week, next week I have a class to give but don't worry I can keep up with your whining exploits from the hotel room, or class room while giving a test, if there's a need. Yes even in old age I can still walk, chew gum an keep up with your ass all at the same time. Ridding the world of system game'rs is a pass time now.

Ponderous, man, that's just ponderous.

Ponderous, man, that's just ponderous.

Well, if you think you are among the domain of the Ignored, you're just not there at all. Your contributions are actually fun to view.

Actually all the posts are fun to view, but the humor involved may be a tad perverse. So what? I actually sometimes feel slightly guilty laughing so hard at the antics. It's no biggie.

Your game is fine, just as it is...

That is all...

Greg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bender
Op, ed, oop op op, wing, wang, walla walla bing bang ...

Zoom, Greggy daddy, ZOOM!

OK, just for the heck of it, I did a little research under the heading of "Cyberbullying".

I didn't really expect to find much that might apply to the antics that have been going on in this thread.

Well, I got a surprise. There is actually a lot of law that covers that stuff, local right on up to federal, and it can be pretty serious when it comes on down to consequences.

To be truthful, I'm a little confused, and a little embarrassed. If I wanted to, there could actually be a fair number of things I could do here to get a little recourse. But I don't want to do that. I don't want to 'that guy', and I most certainly don't want anything like that to happen here on Frank's site.

But the fact remains, a good argument could be made that some laws may actually have been getting broken in this thread.

I'm not going to follow this up. But do think there are some people here on this site who might want to reconsider their recent actions.

Take it for what it's worth.

As I see it, no harm was actually done, just some pretty shabby behavior. I took the time to go back, look at all the ignored conversation, and draw some conclusions. With the ignoring, I had actually missed some of the more egregious stuff. Stuff I wouldn't be caught dead doing.

From what I can tell, some conclusions were jumped, some healthy inhibitions broke down, and then it all went sideways.

I did not ask for any of this. Some of you are grasping, trying to self justify some pretty despicable behavior. I think you're deluding yourselves, and that folks here are just too polite (or maybe something more damning) to call any of you out on this. I'm not responsive to hounding. I have been a member of this site since literally before it started. I will be here for the rest of it, for as long as I get to make that choice. I will probably die first.

You say I've hounded folks off this site. Honestly, a few, I tried. I failed. I learned early on that as a tactic, it failed. Badly. As you are going to eventually deduce for your own benefits. Yes, some of them are gone. But I didn't ban them or get them banned. That is something I never had any ability to do. Yes, some of them did end up getting banned, but wasn't for anything they did to me or I did to them. They got banned because they found that they could do things to me, that they could get away with it, and then they tried it with other folks too, and that's what actually got them banned. Right now, soon, you could be making that same mistake. I really hope you don't. This site does not need to lose any of its members. It needs to be strong and to stay strong for the coming real challenges.

I've made a lot of mistakes. I've paid for them and I've learned from them. Foremost, I have learned that I'm not in charge of anything, that I have no authority here, that I have no power beyond that of persuasion. This appears to be a fact that is lost on some of you. That's a shame, because knowing that could help you.

GF14, it's become clear that somewhere back in the dimness of time, you took offense at something I said or did, and that it has festered in you for, by your own account, somewhere around 15 years. That's very sad, and for whatever it was that lit your smouldering fuse, I abjectly apologize. But you have also taken this too far. You're overboard. You are beyond my ability to completely comprehend, and you know, why should I bother? All I can do at this point is shake my head and chalk it all up to profit and loss. Chalk you up to profit and loss.

1J, you could be a carbon copy of what I just discussed. Same response from me. At least you might have been a little more original...

Veer, you are special case; a very (Veery?) special case. You do not appear to take anything seriously. With you it's all just a game. But there's also something about you that happens to you once the blood is in the water. I won't attempt to define it, but it's ugly. Thank God you are not my problem, Veer.

The rest, just blood in the water, and some passing vampires.

All this will eventually pass, and not due to anything I will be doing. You guys may stutter along on for a few more pages, you may never get off my case. I can't take any more of this seriously, it's all just become too ludicrous.

Have you left your marks in me? Of course. Have I left any marks in you? I hope not. While this all takes some time to comprehend, it's not really very important.

Greg

Last edited: