• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Openion of the Trijicon 1-4 Accu-Point or a Vortex

HarperJT

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2011
What's your openion of the Trijicon 1-4x24 Accu-Point? There are a few dealer's sample listed for $650. Is it worth it or should I just stick with the Vortex 1-4 for $500?

Thanks for your thoughts,
Jeff

Re: Openion of the Trijicon 1-4 Accu-Point or a Vortex

I love my tr24, but make sure u get the German#4 reticle. The illumination of the on the trijicon is beyond compare.

i had the older tr21, i loved it but after looking through the newer tr24, it is so much better..you wont be disappointed.

I have used the Vortex 1-4s and both reticle versions of the TR24
just tried the red triangle one again (been a few years) in a multigun match yesterday

I just can't used to the triangle reticle for any sort of fast precision. i just have a hard time with putting a target on the the tip quickly. Such as steelplates at 100 yards or ISPC targets with no shoots in front of them where all you have is upper torso or headshot. I can do those headshots at 100 yards much better with just the dot of a T1. This is when keeping it at 1X for shots that may be point blank to 100 yards...

Other people love it , but for some reason I can no get used to it

It will come down to cost and personal pref. just like most scope options..

The Triji with the triangle is very clean, good glass, pretty forgiving and wide open. The PST SFP is good, but a bit busy close in. I like them both, but when it comes to grabbing one unit that I know I can rely on, i grab the one with the TR24G. No worries on batteries or turrets being adjusted due to storage/handling...etc

Now the PST in FFP could be the way to go, but a bit more $$.

The $650 dealer option if like new is a very good price.