• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Opinions on the Bushnell GDMR 3.1 x 21 G2 use on a .50 BMG

GoWyo

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2001
Central Highlands of Wyoming
Howdy Hide,

I'm looking at a GDMR to put on my AR-50A1, Is anyone out there using this scope on a .50? Local guy has one for sale for 900 bux. Early model, with no zero stop. Comes with Leupold Mark 4 Rings. He would like to trade me out of my Sendero .338 Win mag with 200 to boot back to me.

I can't swing a NF right now, not 100% on keeping the Armalite, but I have to at least shoot the dang thing. My other question, is a mid range variable useful on a .50? 3.5x for close in work with a 40# setup?

Thanks,

Gary

It's a good value scope for sure and while I don't think it's very robust, there are some folks here who've mounted them on large magnums. I would stick it on short actions only, but your mileage may vary...

I put mine on a Desert Tactical .338 LM. Before I say this I'd note - that the mounting position on a bullpup style rifle is right over the chamber - but that said, my HDMR's parallax adjustment was no longer functional after 40 rounds through. Sent it back to Bushnell and received a new optic 3 months later. Just my experience....

Howdy Jason,

Did you keep the replacement or ? I think I may hold off for Rev 2 with the 10mil/rev turrets, and sell the rifle outright. Might change my mind by then...

No sir, I did not. Sold it without taking it out of the box. That said, however, there were other reasons I decided to sell the replacement. The main reason was that Bushnell had just released their 4.5-30 line with zero stop and more Horus options without dramatically increasing size or weight over what I had in the 3.5-21. I wound up grabbing a 4.5-30 with a FFP TRMR reticle and have had that a little over a year. It's worked out great. I chalk it up to a bad apple...

Interest remains, now the only thing holding me back is that I keep reading that Bushnell doesn't have a transferrable warranty, does anyone know differently? Grats.

Thanks SOG, no excuse for my brainfartedness.

ELITE® LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY
We are so proud of our Bushnell ELITE Riflescopes that their materials and workmanship are warranted to
be free of defects for the life of the ELITE Riflescope*. The warranty is available to any owner of the ELITE
Riflescope. No receipt or warranty card is required. This warranty does not cover damages caused by misuse
or improper handling, installation or maintenance of the riflescope.

There isn't that much recoil left on a 40lb rifle. Go for it.