• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Optic choice for SCAR 20S?

CageFighter

Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2010
North NJ
at the last stage of setting up my 20S, but undecided on the optic. most of my shooting will be done within 1k yds, majority staying under 700. may consider a geissele gas gun match towards the end of the year, or next. was considering the Mk5 HD in 3-18 (reticle?), used Kales 318i or even the Razor 4.5-27. What are you guys running on ur 20S? is 18X enough mag or do I need more? any feedback is appreciated before 🤯!

i'm using a mark 5hd 3.6-18x. it work great, but i can't tell you what is better.

As an older guy, my eyesight is not what it used to be. The question for me is whether to go with a scope having a top mag of 15 or one that's more PRS-type with a top mag of 24-27. The ZCO 4-20 looks great in terms of length and mag, but I already have a Minox ZP5 5-25 on a bolt gun I'm selling. I'm very happy with the M4 reticle and the scope has been very reliable. Interestingly, the Minox weighs less than either ZCO. Probably will just go with the Minox for now, although I can hear ZCO calling from afar.

Reactions: Mausertech
Just picked up a 20s myself a couple weeks ago, I decided to start saving up right after for the ZCO 527

Reactions: CSTactical
not that I fully under stand much of it but you can hit things with less mag but if you want to get in there and see the actual impacts your going to need more mag , hell when is good enough ever all you want , my car could not have had enough power to make me happy even with a 440 I still wanted more power add a super charger and a turbo and its still not enough . I saw a guy hit 1000 yard target , but could not tell where his hits were with his 12 power scope same with his friend with an 18 x's power scope . all they knew was they hit it or missed by either a pleasant ding or no sound at all . I was up to 30 x's mag before it got clear enough to distinguish his shots from mine and other people hits . At 40 x's its a nice view seeing and hitting with more detail like of my 5 shots I could count each dent I made in the plate as I hit it with out ever getting off the scope . There was much mirage for 50xs that day . Do you need that much I don't think so, is it nice to have that option to use it when you want it . To me its been worth having and so far I am digging having the extra clear power at my finger tips .