• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes OPTICSPLANET 2 MONTH WAIT FOR NOTHING!!!!!!

Re: OPTICSPLANET 2 MONTH WAIT FOR NOTHING!!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">The problem I have with posts like this is that a company can do 1000 things right and nobody hears about it, but if they do one thing wrong it's blasted all over the internet and can hurt their business. Waiting is the name of the game in this hobby.</span> </div></div>

I have been waiting a month so far for my Vortex PST from Optics Planet. I was told it would be at their warehouse "on or near April 30th," but haven't gotten the email as to its current whereabouts. Hopefully I will get it sometime within the next year, or maybe within the current century...

Of the last two products I ordered from Optics Planet (ordered at the same time), one was backordered, holding the shipping of the two products for two weeks. It was very annoying considering it was not shown as backordered, but I'm a patient man. It mostly bugged me that they didn't have a real time shopping cart.

On a side note, I can't complain about the wait for the glass much, as I got 15% off. Another 5% discount would make me happier though considering they aren't too good with their shipping dates and its the second time I've been screwed by the Optics Planet shipping department.

Hi guys. Sorry to revive an old thread but I believe I have been shafted, yet again, by Optics Planet. I ordered my Vortex Viper PST April 9th, and got the backordered email saying it should be in on the 30th. No problem I said to myself. After the 30th and no scope I talk to optics planet and they said it would not be in until June 18. So I wait, yet again. Well, it is now the the 29th, I have sent four emails regarding the scope as well as a PM on SH, and I cannot get a response from anyone. I'm starting to think that they are just disregarding my emails. Any suggestions from the SH folks out there?

Learned my lesson with those folks a few years back: unless you're told, and actually believe that they have it in stock, you'll never see it.

I once got a COVETED Viper HD Spotting Scope from these guys by:

Seeing it IN STOCK on the site.
Placing a call to customer service.
Confirming it in inventory.
Place the order RIGHT THEN for THAT SCOPE in inventory.

It's the only way to be sure.

They pulled the same crap on a friend of mine. He ordered a scope along with a Trijicon Acog. Doug at Camera Land was good to deal with, I text him late friday and monday it was shipped.

I can't say I got shafted buy optics planet. Their website did say that they were out of stock and there was a 9-19 day backorder. I called customer service and they cancelled my order no questions asked. So I have no issues with them.

I ended up calling Chris at SportOptics.com and he was very helpful and assured me that they has the item that I was looking for in stock. He even took the time to make sure I was correcting choosing the right scope for the type of shooting I was doing.

I've purchased several items from them over the last few years but the last two were far from smooth, most likely the last ones, my issue was along the same lines, in stock when ordered, had to wait two months on a hogue stock for a ruger 77 mkii, working out of town when it arrived and 5 weeks later when I came back find out that it wasn't free floated like the description said, called OP trying to return it or exchange it.....too late only 30 days for return or exchange so I got stock with it.
I don't believe it will happen to me again with OP

Have had great luck with OP