• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Parents - don't let your kids play war!

BoilerUP

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2011
Floyd Co, IN
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/10/fashio...s.html?src=recg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Ms. Whaley said she would not even allow water guns in the house when her children were younger. 'It’s dangerous to separate guns from what they actually do, which is kill things,' she said, adding: <span style="color: #FF0000">'If a child has grown up comfortable around guns, and has experienced picking up a gun and shooting it, then they will have that muscle memory. And it will be easier for them to shoot a real gun, if they find one.</span>"</div></div>

Yeah, only if you don't do your FUCKING job as a parent, lady.

I grew up in a house with over 100 firearms, almost none of which were locked up. My dad & granddad taught me firearm safety and threatened to whoop my ass if I played with guns like they were toys. And guess what? I didn't.

I also am a veteran of hundreds of childhood campaigns fought with Super Soakers, Nerf Blasters and even plastic M16s that made rat-a-tat sounds...somehow I turned out alright...

Re: Parents - don't let your kids play war!

I think I still hold a top level clearance in playing war...

Whoa, let's stop that talk right here and now. We can't have talk of parenting, and responsibility. It's a well known fact that a television/computer is a perfect substitute for parental responsibility.

Yup, when I was a kid, many years ago, we played war, cowboys and indians, threw rocks at each other, shot each other with BB guns, and had bottle rocket wars. We got hurt, sometimes pretty badly,( I put one of my buddies in the hospital with concussion, busted lip and loose teeth with two rapidly launched rocks.)
Nobody called the police, got mad, went on a shooting rampage, called the Homeland Security, or DFACS.
It was just part of our life in America.
I feel that I did live in the good old days. I sure miss them, and wish that my Grandchildren could grow up in that kind of America today.

I still have scars from BB gun wars, playing tackle football with no pads and ramping my bike as far as possible with bricks and a piece of wood. Great times! You just don't see that from the kids of today.

Oh geez. More media bullshit lol. I was always taught that video games arent real in life, and you cannot do the same thing, like killing all the people that I do. That woman is just a soccer mom who clearly fails at parenting.

Its like blaming rock for a person problems or that guns are alive and that they kill people.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kinsman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yup, when I was a kid, many years ago, we played war, cowboys and indians, threw rocks at each other, shot each other with BB guns, and had bottle rocket wars. We got hurt, sometimes pretty badly,( I put one of my buddies in the hospital with concussion, busted lip and loose teeth with two rapidly launched rocks.)
Nobody called the police, got mad, went on a shooting rampage, called the Homeland Security, or DFACS.
I feel that I did live in the good old days. I sure miss them, and wish that my Grandchildren could grow up in that kind of America today.</div></div>

Sounds like you were in my neighborhood...every summer some kid went to the hospital. When they healed, they were right back at it.

Funny, my sons muscle memory took him to a new juniors national record with an M1-A at Camp Perry at the age of 16. He now serves in the USMC keeping your ass safe lady! What are your kids doing with there lives? Gay pride parade organizers?

If your method of teaching your child about the world is to set them in front of the TV and whatever latest iteration of video game they want without discussions as to the separation between reality and fiction and the ways in which people should deal with their problems, then yes perhaps you should not have fake guns in the house. I'd propose that if this is your course you should not have children in the first place, a driver's license or the right to vote either, but what do I know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jaeger308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Funny, my sons muscle memory took him to a new juniors national record with an M1-A at Camp Perry at the age of 16. He now serves in the USMC keeping your ass safe lady! What are your kids doing with there lives? Gay pride parade organizers? </div></div>
That's a good one.

Couldn't agree more with you guys. I grew up in a house with a gun case being the center peice of the damn living room. We all knew one was loaded and not to even think about touching it.

I learned to shoot at an early age and tought my son to shoot when he was little. He also seemed to have damn good muscle memory, he now shoots on the All Guard team and has won the presidents 100 badge.

You know what else?? Both my grandsons and a couple of grand daughters are learning to shoot too. They have all learned to "Respect" firearms and there proper use.

I suppose paitball would be totally out of the question? Kids aren't stupid. They can tell the difference between play guns and real guns if taught properly.

For far too long, this country has been all about protecting the clueless, and refused to let Darwin perform his work.

Two hundred years ago, some of these experts (idiots) wouldn't have made it past puberty. The mule pulling the plow was smarter than them.......

Well... it seems those muscle memories only affect the kids from liberal families that don't teach the proper gun safety whether there is/are gun(s) in the house they are growing up on, and only teach them the gun(s) is/are bad.

These people are not only ignorant, but plain straight out lapdogs of communist government who will only cry when anything will happen to them instead of taking initiative to prevent and protect yourself and your family as well as your property.

So this must be like child abuse.
DSC_1037-1.jpg

My kids are going to shoot. My kids are going to be comfortable around firearms. My kids will receive firearm education as early as possible. Therefore my kids will know exactly what and what not to do when they "find" a gun. But maybe she has a great philosophy, when her kids are put in a situation, whether it be as children or young adults, where there is a gun in the room, they will freeze out of fear, or have absolutely no idea what to do causing an extremely dangerous situation that could have been avoided by early firearm education. I'm the FNG by the way....

i damn well knew where the gun of my grandpa was, and i knew where the bullets were as early as 5. i took the gun out of curiosity and familiarized myself with it, but i left the bullets where they were.when he found out i had handled it he wasnt happy...but he had never told me not to do it, he just hided it wich didnt work so well.....
bottom line teach the kids early on! maybe my grandpa should have teached me how the gun works earlier then when i grabbed it out of curiosity. i will teach my kids as early as possible

kids arent stupid, and there is a reason they like playing with fake guns, its in them!
its an instinct to train (play) fight as a child, to be abled to stand your ground when you are older...
as we are still in the stoneage from an evolutionary standpoint , and fighting has been and will always be an important part of mankind
btw dogs do it too...

Yup, when I was a kid, many years ago, we played war, cowboys and indians, threw rocks at each other, shot each other with BB guns, and had bottle rocket wars. We got hurt, sometimes pretty badly,( I put one of my buddies in the hospital with concussion, busted lip and loose teeth with two rapidly launched rocks.)
I feel that I did live in the good old days. I sure miss them, and wish that my Grandchildren could grow up in that kind of America today.

LOL Oh man I have the fond memories of all of the above with the scars as well. Tip don't use a large road signs for a bike ramp, the flex will throw the ol' mojo off and "landing" will lead to some serious rash depending upon the landing zone. A few of the guys still have the bb's embedded in them. Dirt clods, rocks and ice filled snow balls left plenty of marks as well, but we always went back and did it again.

Parents like these are one of the reasons this country is so fucked up. We did all of the above and come out the better for it. My son and daughters had loaded guns in their house the entire time they lived at home and they were not locked up. They knew the guns were deadly tools but also knew I would take them shooting ANY time they asked. Nothing makes me more proud than seeing my son go over proper range safety with his friends when we go to the range. Teach 'em early and take them often.

I still have scars from BB gun wars, playing tackle football with no pads and ramping my bike as far as possible with bricks and a piece of wood. Great times! You just don't see that from the kids of today.

You an me both.............