• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Patriot Arms / APA lead times

Jered Joplin

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
I just wanted to take a second and let everyone know where we were at these days. We have been really busy and I have been really distant on this site for the most part. We have had our nose to the grind stone for the last 6 months. Our wait times on complete builds were approaching 11 months. At this point we are in the 6-7 month range on a new complete build and still closing.
My primary focus has been on the "work" list which consists of action truing, barrel jobs, thread jobs etc. That's primarily all I have been personally working on while everyone else worked on the complete guns. At this point bedding jobs are around 2-3 weeks, coatings are 1-2 weeks, bolt knobs under a week, and action truing and barrel jobs are around 120 days. My goal is getting the barrel jobs under 45 days if we have a barrel in stock or it's supplied. We are closing in on that fast.

New additions:
We have two new additions to our shop that most are not familiar with.
#1 would be my brother Chad. Chad is running all the coatings and has been training on the machine for about 8 months now.
#2 is Jason. Jason was honed by his grandfather a master tool and die maker. His skills and attention to detail are off the chart.

These two additions to the team and some new machinery are bringing our wait times down. While Dave and I have been working over time like mad men on barrels, these guys have been taking up the slack in other areas. I just wanted to let everyone know where we were at and where we are going. Within a month or so we should have the barrel jobs where I want them. With quality our number one goal at all times we will continue to shorten the leash day by day to serve you guys the best we can.

Thank you all for your business and support.

Jered

Re: Patriot Arms / APA lead times

Thanks,

Now get back to work so you can finish our rifles
wink.gif

Appreciate the update, well worth the wait.

Any ETA on new stuff? I know you were talking AR Uppers or is that on the back burner until you get your scheduling squared away??

We are still working on the upper. Honestly I'm not sure when it will be complete. We are trying to be a little different but we aren't sure how it will work out. We also are still planning on doing the advanced bolt stop but I don't like the way it looks currently. It seems make it look good and work on every thing lends it to being ugly.

The scheduling doesn't conflict with the parts. Other than me never having enough time in a given 24 hour period they pretty much run separately. I'm running FB muzzle brakes right now, have a batch of lowers out to anodizing, and working on the trigger guard. Bobby, Tim, and Casey are working on the upper drawings, Tim is working on the rings. Sound busy enough?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJoplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are still working on the upper. Honestly I'm not sure when it will be complete. We are trying to be a little different but we aren't sure how it will work out. We also are still planning on doing the advanced bolt stop but I don't like the way it looks currently. It seems make it look good and work on every thing lends it to being ugly.

The scheduling doesn't conflict with the parts. Other than me never having enough time in a given 24 hour period they pretty much run separately. I'm running FB muzzle brakes right now, have a batch of lowers out to anodizing, and working on the trigger guard. Bobby, Tim, and Casey are working on the upper drawings, Tim is working on the rings. Sound busy enough?
</div></div>

Nope.

Barrel jobs are down to 30 days or less with a supplied barrels. That includes truing the action. We do have some barrels in stock. If not we'll be happy to order one.

Complete builds are still 6-7 months and closing. Shortly we will be in a position to take those customers that have parts in hand and turn them around quickly. We haven't been in a position like that for years but are still crank'n away to improve wait times and won't stop until we reach our goal and will do our best to keep there.

Jered, does this mean that Ill get my rifle in about 30 days?

That means yours was done yesterday. We still have to install the trigger and engrave it but I think it would be safe to say we can get that squared away today.
wink.gif

The only small jobs that are waiting on anything are the ones that had to have something ordered and we are waiting on it.

WTF!!!! Dude you rock!!!!!!! Ill give you a call a little later.

In case anyone is wondering why I posted "WTF" in my last post, its because Jered has only had my action/barrel/brake/trigger by him for only a week, and he is already done! Have a first rate company do my build, and get it done in a week.....<insert penguins from Madagascar movie> Christmas in August boys, Christmas in August!