• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Patrol Duty Belt

Left side around to the right side: ASP, radio, flashlight, mag pouch, carabiner (for car keys), cuff case, holster, OC.
Try not to wear any equipment around the back of your belt and use as many keepers as you can. Don't clip a knife or your phone on your belt unless you want to lose it or have it taken from you in a fight.
Tactical Mic Klip (Google it) is great if you're using a mike.

Last edited:
A lot of my equipment is on my external carrier. The belt only holds mag pouch, holster, 2 single cuff cases and a radio. My previous PD allowed me to keep the radio on the vest so I had that off the belt too, wish my current PD would allow this. It's nice getting weight off of your hips as it's terrible for your back. As has been said, nothing goes anywhere near the small of your back unless you really want to hate life when you're older.

Keep it as simple as possible. Mine contains open top mag pouch front left side, X26 Taser weak side draw, strong side 1911, open top single cuff case right side front. That's it. Everything else is in my external carrier.

Nothing on your back, you can thank us later.

Working from rt to left, multi-tool, holster, cuffs, open top vertical mag pouch(dead center front), OC, buckle, taser, flashlight, radio. Nothing on back and I can get to all the important stuff with both hands. And yes every now and again I get a comment about not having the buckle dead center, but I have limited real estate so I moved it to the side.

Thx for the input guys. I'm definitely not carrying anything on the small of my back. The buckle dead center does kinda limit some of the space for me but for right now not sure I want to run it off center. Using 4 holders but I think I'm gonna add 2 more. From the buckle going around I've got... Double cuff case, holster, of spray holder then lower back space small flash light holder, radio clip, asp, double mag pouch sideway and back to the buckle.

For the life of me I can't remember his name. There was a LEO who had a "system" of what to carry and where to carry it. When I watched a video it seemed to make sense. But, I think, everyone should base their loadout on is it ftunctional and is it the best in terms of weapon retention. One thing I've harped on to people, if you're carrying concealed as a LEO or citizen, carry your weapon as close to your duty rig so that you only have to establish one set of motor memory. This goes for spare mags and flashlight, too. For instance when I can't carry concealed I carry a folding knife in a snap pouch positioned in the same place and postion.

Don't clip a knife or your phone on your belt unless you want to lose it or have it taken from you in a fight.

By that logic should I take my gun off my belt too? I'd hate to lose that in a fight...

Just razzin' ya, I'm assuming you are talking about the merits of solid weapon retention. In that vein, if you are going to put a knife on your duty belt, make it a fixed blade, and preferably something that has a retention system that has to be defeated to free it up. Don't take your generic knife and use the pocket clip to loosely attach it to your duty belt. A good fight does tend to send loosely fitted objects flying from everywhere. Hence another poster's point about an extra strap to hold your mic in place!

holster right side, then asp, behind it flashlight backup (6P Surefire), in front of the holster key holder, right side OC and mag holder, cuffs in back. Taser drop holster right leg

By that logic should I take my gun off my belt too? I'd hate to lose that in a fight...

Just razzin' ya, I'm assuming you are talking about the merits of solid weapon retention. In that vein, if you are going to put a knife on your duty belt, make it a fixed blade, and preferably something that has a retention system that has to be defeated to free it up. Don't take your generic knife and use the pocket clip to loosely attach it to your duty belt. A good fight does tend to send loosely fitted objects flying from everywhere. Hence another poster's point about an extra strap to hold your mic in place!

My duty holster is Level II retention. Last time I checked, a clipped-on knife (especially one clipped on to the top flap of your cuff case - yeah, seen that) is Level 0 retention.

Last edited:
My duty holster is Level II retention. Last time I checked, a clipped-on knife (especially one clipped on to the top flap of your cuff case - yeah, seen that) is Level 0 retention.

Yeah, first time you get in a fight and somebody's clawing at your gear, you'll regret that knife.

Left to right at it sits on you: ASP, radio, X26, double mag pouch, double cuff case (hinged, for their comfort), OC, holster. Flashlight in left sap pocket. Nothing on the back as others have stated.

Haven't had to wear that crap since medical retirement and two back surgeries. Don't miss it a bit. Be safe and watch your back.

My suggestion is to set it up to make it as comfortable as possible for you. Get familiar with where everything is so that way your hands move instinctively towards the tool your going to use... my best suggestion is to keep everything near the front and sides. You don't wanna be riding around in a patrol car with things pressing against your back...

RCS1278, Do you carry a taser ? I do because it's required on my department. After many years of carrying it on the weak side I moved it to just right of center in a horizontal mount so it is accessible by right or left hand. Just like everyone else starting clockwise. Safariland level 3-4 with Glock 21 Surefire X300 Ultra, single handcuff case X 2, pepper spray, radio, double vertical mag pouch - non covered. I carry my flashlight in the SAP pocket when out of the car and a folding knife tucked in the front right pocket under my holster. Seems to be pretty comfortable for all the weight. It might take some time to fine tune things ! Good luck !

I'm RH pistol. Starting at the buckle and working clockwise -

- single cuff case
- holster
- rifle mag holder
- keys
(I keep 5-8 O'clock clear!) so starting again at "830"
- flashlight (surefire fury)
- radio
- baton ring (i carry wooden with - have expandable in squad for car windows)
- camera mic
- magazine pouch vertical.

Our policy has changed that requires us to carry a taser. I detest tasers and think that for a tool that works 35% of the time, it's a waste of my work belt space. So, that'll go at about 10 O'clock and I'll shuffle things around.

I've changed my belt significantly 3-4 times in the 13 years I've been on the job. Just make sure you get some dry runs of thinking a tool/acquiring a tool/replacing the tool in holder a number of times.

Best of luck and be safe!

-G45

From left to right

Double mag pouch
Oc
Flashlight (fenix tk22 in pouch)
Radio
Baton (collapsible)
First cuff case
8-5 is clear.
Second cuff case
Holster

Left front pocket-multi tool
Right front pocket- folding knife

That's my setup and so far it works well. I had my flashlight hooked in my cargo pocket but it was awkward to get to and I like having it higher up.

holster at 3 o'clock, working around clockwise from there... asp, flashlight, cuff case, keeper, glove pouch (6 o'clock), keeper, cuff case, radio, taser (9 o'clock), keeper, mag pouch, keeper, personal recorder (12 o'clock), soft-t tourniquet, OC spray, and body mic (car). It is a tight fit as i am only a 33" waist, but the way I have it works and I have no reason to change it. If you would like pictures I could take a few next time I work to clarify how everything fits. I believe in carrying every tool I am issued.
Clay

Last edited:
holster at 3 o'clock, working around clockwise from there... asp, flashlight, cuff case, keeper, glove pouch (6 o'clock), keeper, cuff case, radio, taser (9 o'clock), keeper, mag pouch, keeper, personal recorder (12 o'clock), soft-t tourniquet, OC spray, and body mic (car). It is a tight fit as i am only a 33" waist, but the way I have it works and I have no reason to change it. If you would like pictures I could take a few next time I work to clarify how everything fits. I believe in carrying every tool I am issued.
Clay

Why would you carry your flashlight and asp strong side?

Personally I think only non-essential (keys, multi-tool, etc..) should be carried on your strong side other than your gun.

My belt from 8 o'clock working clockwise; back-up cuffs, flashlight, radio, asp, taser, dbl mag holder (11 o'clock)... Primary cuff case (1 o'clock), gun (3 o'clock), key caribiner, multi-tool.

All of my defensive gear can be reached by both strong and support side other than my pistol.

Working from gun side (right) to weak side.

- OC spray (right of buckle)
- Keeper with cuff key
- Duty weapon with TRL HL light
- Keeper behind gun
- Cuff case with cuffs
- Two keepers in small of back. I don't keep anything on my belt where my back is.
- ASP
- Radio
- Taser X2 (weak hand draw)
- Keeper
- MVARS mic pouch
- Double mag pouch

That is just my setup, but it works for me. I don't like anything on my back, because 12 hours in a patrol car is a long time and I want to be comfortable.

Why would you carry your flashlight and asp strong side?

Personally I think only non-essential (keys, multi-tool, etc..) should be carried on your strong side other than your gun.

My belt from 8 o'clock working clockwise; back-up cuffs, flashlight, radio, asp, taser, dbl mag holder (11 o'clock)... Primary cuff case (1 o'clock), gun (3 o'clock), key caribiner, multi-tool.

All of my defensive gear can be reached by both strong and support side other than my pistol.

Because of space constraints. I switch hands with my flashlight before I even clear the door of my car. As for my asp, I only use it for breaking windows. I find my taser and OC to be better tools for most encounters. I use my less lethal equipment in my strong hand and rely on my training to drop and go lethal should the need arise.
Clay